• 123(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0905: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.2 #1 SMP Tue Sep 6 03:59:30 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160906035812-#0905-g087b668 [Build #0905]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (087b6688, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (06588dee, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix stuttering playback in previous build (updated PR10400)
  2. Enable lspcon support for GEN9 devices
  3. Edit: mesa 12.0.2, libva 1.7.2 and libva-intel-driver 1.7.2 added to PR:690
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • rsyslog: rename icon to icon.png (PR:695, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • dvb-firmware: update to 1.1.0 (PR:694, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Imx6 krypton (PR:693, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Add timer/timer rule: display error box in case pvr addon does … (PR:10404, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • fix SSE usage (PR:10403, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix lateframes if fps does not equal refresh rate (PR:10400, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix python deadlocks (PR:10399, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • aml: add codecname / video dimensions to processinfo (PR:10405, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake] Fixes: in-tree addon builds and CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX inconsistency (PR:10380, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
  3. inputstream.mpd:
  4. inputstream.rtmp:
    • fix zlib parameter in openssl dependency (92bc7fec)
    • fixed: manually look for openssl (e5e4cee1)
    • manually look for zlib dependency (9735c93a)
  5. inputstream.smoothstream:
    • Remove ? parameters for base_url (90b07cdc)
  6. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • Fix timer type definition for EPG search timer. (PR:89, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  7. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-06, 03:13)wizziwig Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 19:47)_Spook_ Wrote: Is there anyway I can get around the 8-bit patch in the builds? I want to keep testing Smile

I figured out an alternative to that patch but still working out a clean way to add it to Intel's driver code. It fixes both the missing 44.1 kHz audio on some TV/AVR and the frame skips at 59.940 refresh. Original patch is not required so pipeline can stay at 12-bit like the stock 4.7 kernel. Dithering is disabled so I don't think it looks any different than 8-bit (at least on my TV). Extra bits are just padded. I only test on HDMI so your DisplayPort->HDMI setup might still have those two bugs I mentioned but should work as well as older OpenElec builds for you.

That 8-bit patch is still a good idea to keep in the long run since Kodi is unlikely to take advantage of 12-bit for a long time. Since I don't have access to any Intel DisplayPort hardware, you will need someone else to look at why it doesn't work for you. The DP code is very complicated to debug. Hopefully Intel can fix it.

But 10-bit is not that far fetched (already in play). So maybe get something in there that takes 10-bit in mind also.

I will try and see if the lpscon patch Milhouse put in there changed anything. Thanks for that btw Milhouse! Smile

EDIT: No change to the 8-bit patch issue for me with the lpscon patch there.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0906: Generic

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.2 #1 SMP Tue Sep 6 21:07:01 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160906210318-#0906-gb37a514 [Build #0906]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (b37a514e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (60373b70, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Various Kodi cmake changes
  2. VideoPlayer fixes
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • chromium: update to 53.0.2785.92 (PR:678, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • Rsyslog: Bump Package version. Add RELP Protocol. Add ability to compress UDP & TCP protocols. Update configuration files to newer standards. (#701) (31856dc7)
  2. XBMC:
    • [cmake] linux: replace custom (sudo) install target, it's not allowed… (PR:10382, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: move SetVideoDimensions to GetFormat, coded_width may no… (PR:10410, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer: fix audio drop on edl skip (PR:10384, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [addons] move ./xbmc/addons/binary/interfaces one down and remove binary folder (PR:10409, 1 commit, 56 files changed)
    • allow passing an alternative dyload library path (PR:10366, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Linux multi arch (PR:10359, 5 commits, 9 files changed)
    • Revert "[addons] move ./xbmc/addons/binary/interfaces one down and remove binary folder" (PR:10413, 1 commit, 56 files changed)
    • Fixed: allow some basic HTTP headers to be passed on to ffmpeg (PR:10402, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: avoid null render if renderer has no frame or is not con… (PR:10412, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • disable plugin caching (PR:10394, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake] Optimizations for ARM (PR:10397, 6 commits, 9 files changed)
    • add scan to library context menu (PR:10386, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. inputstream.rtmp:
    • fix deb packaging (PR:3, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  4. xbmc/master (FernetMenta):
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: fix horizontal scaling of DebugRenderer (de71b7a7)
      • VideoPlayer: strip rtmp options from file name (4554c9b7)
      • 3dlut: drop unused variable (56d08204)
      • VideoPlayer: fix speed on debug screen (a062b203)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:703: Update ddbridge drivers in kernel 4.7.2
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10415: [Estuary] fix texture paths
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse you need to find another way to implement that 8-bit kernel patch before you release. I can't be the only one out there with a NUC6i7KYK. This probaly will hit user with a DP->HDMI 2.x adapter also (I have that on another box for testing also).

Or will you just leave this to the kernel and intel devs to fix?

Not being critial, just asking and suggesting Smile I am fine with using #0827. Not that buggy for me. But I will not be able to test new features.
(2016-09-06, 23:08)_Spook_ Wrote: Or will you just leave this to the kernel and intel devs to fix?

Pretty much, yes. You've informed the Intel developers of the issue here so let's see if they revise their patch, or create more.
@millhouse since build #904 I have not been able to get Chromium to launch. If i revert back to build #830 all is good. I have tried the latest build but still no luck. I'm running on a Intel NUC "skylake" i3
(2016-09-06, 23:24)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 23:08)_Spook_ Wrote: Or will you just leave this to the kernel and intel devs to fix?

Pretty much, yes. You've informed the Intel developers of the issue here so let's see if they revise their patch, or create more.

Ok. Thanks Smile
(2016-09-07, 05:30)atoulmin Wrote: @millhouse since build #904 I have not been able to get Chromium to launch. If i revert back to build #830 all is good. I have tried the latest build but still no luck. I'm running on a Intel NUC "skylake" i3

Argh, it's the same problem when we last tried to bump freetype. Will revert the freetype bump in future builds until there's a solution. Thanks for reporting.
Great, hopefully it gets sorted in time.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0907: Generic

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.3 #1 SMP Wed Sep 7 22:15:05 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160907221345-#0907-gd659163 [Build #0907]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (d6591638, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (7178adef, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.7.3 kernel
  2. Drop freetype package bump - fixes Chromium
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • Update ddbridge drivers in kernel 4.7.2 (PR:703, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • fix skin variable parsing: dont skip if element text is empty (PR:10395, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • peripheral: Add backward compatability for older settings files (PR:10393, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [cmake] Fix globbing of single files on export (PR:10416, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Addon alt path (PR:10419, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [cmake] linux: install cmake files in arch independent dir (PR:10421, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [Estuary] fix texture paths (PR:10415, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  3. inputstream.rtmp:
    • changed: do not trust pkg-config values for librtmp (91bb3741)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
No change for me with new kernel.
(2016-09-08, 00:23)_Spook_ Wrote: No change for me with new kernel.

Which was not to be expected.Only upstream can help you.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Just wanted to say MANY thanks to all of you!

Running these builds for many months on my ancient ZOTAC ID18 with CULV 1007U. Had always occasional micro-stutters here and there, not dramatic, acceptable.

But now I saw the governor discussions in this thread. Found that on my CPU "powersave" was the default and switched to "performance" in autostart.sh. Guess what, stutters gone. Absolutely no issues any longer.

Now I'm a happy camper. Smile Thanks again.

Diddle.

PS.: maybe this should be the LE default or even configurable in LE settings?
ondemand is the CPUFreq default configured in the kernel, but the kernel ignores this setting depending on the hardware. If your hardware is based on a relatively modern Intel CPU then you're probably using the Intel P-State system instead of CPUFreq which defaults to powersave (overriding the CPUFreq default setting). With performance mode enabled you may find your CPU never downclocks so be careful it doesn't have any temperature issues.
@millhouse, dropping the freetype has fixed Chromium as you stated. Thanks again.
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11