• 124(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-09-08, 06:41)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-09-08, 00:23)_Spook_ Wrote: No change for me with new kernel.

Which was not to be expected.Only upstream can help you.

Well, that's not totally true. But I accept it.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
We won't break sync of 99.99% users to support your system. Did you expect that?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi,
I'm using these Builds for a while now already. Working really good for my setup, exept one issue in combination with my AVR.
Usually I switch on my TV, then the AVR (Denon X1200W) and at least my Braswell-based HTPC. Waiting a
In this scenario, there is no GUI-sound in Kodi. Once I turn off the AVR and power on again, everything's working. Changing the switch-on sequence to TV->HTPC-AVR has the same result.
Is these any kind of HDMI-handshake problem and is there any chance, to fix this in LE?
With my former Yamaha AVR everything was working, as expexted.
I've reported these issue to Denon, but there's not much to expect from their side.
So my question to you guys...any idea to fix this from LE-side?

Please let me know, if you need logs or more information.
(2016-09-06, 03:13)wizziwig Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 19:47)_Spook_ Wrote: Is there anyway I can get around the 8-bit patch in the builds? I want to keep testing Smile

I figured out an alternative to that patch but still working out a clean way to add it to Intel's driver code. It fixes both the missing 44.1 kHz audio on some TV/AVR and the frame skips at 59.940 refresh. Original patch is not required so pipeline can stay at 12-bit like the stock 4.7 kernel. Dithering is disabled so I don't think it looks any different than 8-bit (at least on my TV). Extra bits are just padded. I only test on HDMI so your DisplayPort->HDMI setup might still have those two bugs I mentioned but should work as well as older OpenElec builds for you.

That 8-bit patch is still a good idea to keep in the long run since Kodi is unlikely to take advantage of 12-bit for a long time. Since I don't have access to any Intel DisplayPort hardware, you will need someone else to look at why it doesn't work for you. The DP code is very complicated to debug. Hopefully Intel can fix it.

@fritsch no I did not expect you to break it for other users. But if there is another way...
(2016-09-08, 12:17)guenzelsen Wrote: Hi,
I'm using these Builds for a while now already. Working really good for my setup, exept one issue in combination with my AVR.
Usually I switch on my TV, then the AVR (Denon X1200W) and at least my Braswell-based HTPC. Waiting a
In this scenario, there is no GUI-sound in Kodi. Once I turn off the AVR and power on again, everything's working. Changing the switch-on sequence to TV->HTPC-AVR has the same result.
Is these any kind of HDMI-handshake problem and is there any chance, to fix this in LE?
With my former Yamaha AVR everything was working, as expexted.
I've reported these issue to Denon, but there's not much to expect from their side.
So my question to you guys...any idea to fix this from LE-side?

Please let me know, if you need logs or more information.

It's not an issue of LE - but with your new AVR. So if something is to be fixed - the AVR company should fix it. Never the less: See the openelec wiki for hard coding EDID information - that might help with the handshake.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@guenzelsen

Yes, as fritsch said, get into using a custom EDID. Saved me from similar problems in a more complex setup with multiple HDMI adapters, a HDMI repeater and a HDMI 4x2 swtich/matrix.

It's annoying that AVR manufacturers don't support their devices as they should, but if you don't want to switch devices again, it's worth a try and the effort! Smile

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config...#tab=Intel
See starting at headline "Custom EDID"
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Hi,

I had updated my Zotac Zbox ci321 nano from libreelec v7.02 to libreelec v7.90.005 and now I have issues to wake up the device via IR-remote. The Power.Off-button and all others works fine, only Power.On works no more. With v7.02 there was no problems.
Then I tested the milhous-rls and found out, that the releases up to 'LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20160421040821-#0420-gfee76be' works with rc-power.on, later releases up to the current version #907 not.

Is there any chance for a fix?
@fritsch:
@axbmcuser:

Thanks for your reply. I somehow expected this.
I'll try to configure a custom EDID. Actually it's a kind of chinese to me :-) Will switch over to the kodinerds.net community with these issue and ask for help, if needed.

Did I say, there's only one issue with LE in combination with my setup? Sorry, totaly forgot another issue Blush
Playback of 2D material is working perfect.
Kodi GUI running at 1080p, and "Adjust display refresh rate" enabled.
For 1080p content my TV receives a 1080p signal.
For 4k content my TV receives a 4k signal.

But this is not working for 3D 1080p content.
Playing a 1080p 3D file, my TV receives a 4k signal.
This results in not switching to 3D mode, because the TV is only able to play 1080p 3D content.

Is this a LE / Kodi issue, or more likely a AVR / TV issue?
The connection is HTPC - HDMI - AVR - HDMI - TV
Audio-Passthroug enabled in Kodi.
AVR passing through the Video-Signal to the TV.
(2016-09-08, 13:45)Hanxi Wrote: Hi,

I had updated my Zotac Zbox ci321 nano from libreelec v7.02 to libreelec v7.90.005 and now I have issues to wake up the device via IR-remote. The Power.Off-button and all others works fine, only Power.On works no more. With v7.02 there was no problems.
Then I tested the milhous-rls and found out, that the releases up to 'LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20160421040821-#0420-gfee76be' works with rc-power.on, later releases up to the current version #907 not.

Is there any chance for a fix?
This is likely an issue between your BIOS and the more recent kernels - see if you have any BIOS updates available. Unfortunately there's little that anyone can do about this kind of issue, as it's likely to be a hardware specific issue (ie. buggy BIOS).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-08, 14:31)guenzelsen Wrote: Is this a LE / Kodi issue or more likely a AVR / TV issue?
The connection is HTPC-HDMI-AVR-HDMI-TV
Audio-Passthrougt in Kodi enabled
AVR passing through the Video-Signal to the TV.

Do you see the same behaviour with HTPC-HDMI-TV (ie. without AVR connected)?

Edit: Although I didn't think these builds supported 3D (never tried it, don't have a 3D TV). Maybe they support SBS or TAB?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Milhouse,
tested this scenario right now.
HTPC via HDMI connected to the TV directly. No AVR in the chain.
Same result.
TV is receiving a 4k signal und showing two pictures next to each other, but Kodi notification-box says: "Stereoscopic 3D mode - side by side"
When I stop playpack, Kodi notification-box says: "Stereoscopic 3D mode - disabled"

At least I've played the same 1080p 3D MKV file via external HDD with the TV-integrated media-player. Working as expected. TV switches to 3D mode.

Edit: The 3D file is a 1080p MKV SBS file. Should work in theory. I've used these functionaly quite often with my previous setup (other TV, other AVR, Openelec-build and Baytrail HTPC).
I just switched boxes from test to prod. So no more NUC6i7KYK. So new builds works fine for me also Smile Will go back to testing on that box when there is a fix for the 8-bit problem I had.

EDIT: My own conclusion is then that it's the DP->HDMI chip that is causing the issues, not that I have a 10bit TV panel.
(2016-09-08, 16:10)_Spook_ Wrote: I just switched boxes from test to prod. So no more NUC6i7KYK. So new builds works fine for me also Smile Will go back to testing on that box when there is a fix for the 8-bit problem I had.

EDIT: My own conclusion is then that it's the DP->HDMI chip that is causing the issues, not that I have a 10bit TV panel.

So the LSPCON patch added in #0905 had no effect?
(2016-09-08, 16:38)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-08, 16:10)_Spook_ Wrote: I just switched boxes from test to prod. So no more NUC6i7KYK. So new builds works fine for me also Smile Will go back to testing on that box when there is a fix for the 8-bit problem I had.

So the LSPCON patch added in #0905 had no effect?
No effect. Not sure why. But that 8-bit patch made something go really wrong with my specific hardware. And since this is in continious development I would rather keep testing then being stuck on an older build.

But if you need any logs I can provide those later on.
I attempted to install LE 7.90.005 which I needed as a base install before I could add the latest Milhouse update.
The problem was that it would not recognize my graphics card and I got the error 'failed to start xorg'
I am using a Radeon RX460.
  • 124(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11