• 128(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0909: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.3 #1 SMP Sat Sep 10 02:00:02 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160910015625-#0909-g4ee8c5d [Build #0909]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (4ee8c5d0, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (968d8894, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. CMake fixes
  2. Estuary skin fixes
  3. xf86-video-amdgpu: bump package instead of using patches
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • spotify-connect-web: handle PCM specified as a:CARD=c,DEV=d (PR:714, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • llvm: update to 3.9.0 (PR:689, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • vdr: fix NULL pointer segfault (PR:698, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • vdr-addon: update plugins (PR:639, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • system-tools: add inotify-tools, mc (PR:700, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [cmake] Add uninstall target for linux (PR:10398, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [gui] use CVariant on SetVisualisation(...) (PR:10406, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • AE: fix eac3 parser, correct parsing of channels (PR:10440, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [Estuary][PVR] PVR home screen widgets: Misc fixes and improvements (PR:10438, 8 commits, 23 files changed)
    • [cpack/deb] Force GIT_HASH update on DEB package generation (PR:10424, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: xf86-video-amdgpu: bump to latest master 6a1ba04, updated Polaris 10 & 11 support
    • Added: [env] PR:696: build system cleanup
    • Added: [env] PR:716: init: make sure /storage is owned by root
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10442: [Estuary] bugfixes
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10444: [AddonInstaller] - 1 year and 8 month after the last recursion fix fr¦
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10445: require click action to activate slider controls
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New #909 does not show up in "available versions", 908 is latest showing. (I did perform a reboot)
Not a big deal for me, but wanted to let you know in case something is not right. As always thank you!
(2016-09-06, 09:24)_Spook_ Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 03:13)wizziwig Wrote:
(2016-09-05, 19:47)_Spook_ Wrote: Is there anyway I can get around the 8-bit patch in the builds? I want to keep testing Smile

I figured out an alternative to that patch but still working out a clean way to add it to Intel's driver code. It fixes both the missing 44.1 kHz audio on some TV/AVR and the frame skips at 59.940 refresh. Original patch is not required so pipeline can stay at 12-bit like the stock 4.7 kernel. Dithering is disabled so I don't think it looks any different than 8-bit (at least on my TV). Extra bits are just padded. I only test on HDMI so your DisplayPort->HDMI setup might still have those two bugs I mentioned but should work as well as older OpenElec builds for you.

That 8-bit patch is still a good idea to keep in the long run since Kodi is unlikely to take advantage of 12-bit for a long time. Since I don't have access to any Intel DisplayPort hardware, you will need someone else to look at why it doesn't work for you. The DP code is very complicated to debug. Hopefully Intel can fix it.

But 10-bit is not that far fetched (already in play). So maybe get something in there that takes 10-bit in mind also.

I will try and see if the lpscon patch Milhouse put in there changed anything. Thanks for that btw Milhouse! Smile

EDIT: No change to the 8-bit patch issue for me with the lpscon patch there.

I can't speak to any newer generation Intel iGPU but Haswell and older don't support 10-bit HDMI at all. It's either 8-bit or 12-bit only. Any future 10-bit support in Kodi would need to use the 12-bit modes.

I uploaded my 12-bit color patches to the bug tracker. You guys can wait for Intel to decide what to do with them or try them yourself. They should be used instead of the 8-bit color patch. Don't mix them.
Let's wait on the intel guys. If there is a solution for all common modes (23.976, 24.0, 29.97, 59.94, 60.0, 120.0) we can ship that instead of the 8 bit only patch.

Is the 23.976 mode you generate with these fine, too?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-09-10, 08:20)wizziwig Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 09:24)_Spook_ Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 03:13)wizziwig Wrote: I figured out an alternative to that patch but still working out a clean way to add it to Intel's driver code. It fixes both the missing 44.1 kHz audio on some TV/AVR and the frame skips at 59.940 refresh. Original patch is not required so pipeline can stay at 12-bit like the stock 4.7 kernel. Dithering is disabled so I don't think it looks any different than 8-bit (at least on my TV). Extra bits are just padded. I only test on HDMI so your DisplayPort->HDMI setup might still have those two bugs I mentioned but should work as well as older OpenElec builds for you.

That 8-bit patch is still a good idea to keep in the long run since Kodi is unlikely to take advantage of 12-bit for a long time. Since I don't have access to any Intel DisplayPort hardware, you will need someone else to look at why it doesn't work for you. The DP code is very complicated to debug. Hopefully Intel can fix it.

But 10-bit is not that far fetched (already in play). So maybe get something in there that takes 10-bit in mind also.

I will try and see if the lpscon patch Milhouse put in there changed anything. Thanks for that btw Milhouse! Smile

EDIT: No change to the 8-bit patch issue for me with the lpscon patch there.

I can't speak to any newer generation Intel iGPU but Haswell and older don't support 10-bit HDMI at all. It's either 8-bit or 12-bit only. Any future 10-bit support in Kodi would need to use the 12-bit modes.

I uploaded my 12-bit color patches to the bug tracker. You guys can wait for Intel to decide what to do with them or try them yourself. They should be used instead of the 8-bit color patch. Don't mix them.
Ah. Ok Smile Then the patch makes something go wrong with signal sync when using LSPCON. And the LPSCON patch did nothing to help with that.

Not a big issue for me now. I just changed box to another NUC. But it could potentially be a bigger problem with next gen NUCs since Intel will use that same chip on all NUCs to get HDMI 2.0.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
the Radeon rx460 is just having the same xorg problem on the new 0909 build
dmesg: http://sprunge.us/CHIM
(2016-09-10, 05:31)nuc-LE Wrote: New #909 does not show up in "available versions", 908 is latest showing. (I did perform a reboot)
Not a big deal for me, but wanted to let you know in case something is not right. As always thank you!

Thanks. Due to a hardware failure the build last night (and probably for the new few days) is using a slightly different release procedure (different server etc.), though not entirely sure why those files didn't update... will keep an eye on it tonight.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-10, 01:32)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 00:54)Brian B Wrote: What huge benefits or are you being facetious?

I only read it as the latter, unfortunately.

In terms of benefits, we'd certainly have a lot less Intel users if we remained on the older kernel as those users with modern Intel CPUs wouldn't be able to boot the older 4.4.x kernels. I'm pretty sure I couldn't sell them on the idea that we can't support their new CPU because @tinzarian won't be able to resume his old system.

@tinzarian: this is a bleeding edge testing thread - it even says so at the top of the first post. If you don't like the results then please quit whining and find a stable build to your liking.

Why are you so annoyed?
Obviously you are making a good job.
It is not your fault, when something is wrong with the kernel.
I hope that you maybe can contact the linux devs, to explain the Problem.
I´ll be waiting patient for a solution.
(2016-09-10, 15:12)Superbert Wrote: Why are you so annoyed?

I'm not annoyed, just a little disappointed at the snotty attitude. What I've written above is my interpretation of @tinzarian's comment which boils down to there being no further progress for *everyone* while he's personally inconvenienced. I felt it important to reiterate that's not how these bleeding edge builds work, and anyone who doesn't appreciate that shouldn't be using them.
(2016-09-10, 01:32)Milhouse Wrote: @tinzarian: this is a bleeding edge testing thread - it even says so at the top of the first post. If you don't like the results then please quit whining and find a stable build to your liking.

No worries, I found a fix
(2016-09-10, 09:36)fritsch Wrote: Let's wait on the intel guys. If there is a solution for all common modes (23.976, 24.0, 29.97, 59.94, 60.0, 120.0) we can ship that instead of the 8 bit only patch.

Is the 23.976 mode you generate with these fine, too?

My patch does not affect refresh rate for any other modes besides 1920x1080p @59.940. Refresh rates for the other modes you listed were perfect with the stock kernel. Intel did a really good job providing exact hardware clock dividers for all the commonly used video modes (both in 8-bit and 12-bit). 59.940 was only broken because of a bug in their driver not selecting the right hardware clock divider when running at 12-bit.

My other patch to fix 44.1 kHz audio when running 12-bit only affects modes using a 148.352 or higher pixel clock. Only 50, 59.940, and 60.0 Hz modes use clocks that high. I tested all 3 of those modes. My TV does not support 120.0 Hz so 44.1 kHz audio is probably still broken in that mode.

Once we're sure that 12-bit mode is working correctly (so we can use it in the future), I would add a driver setting similar to the "Broadcast RGB" one. This will allow people to override this setting in case 12-bit looks worse on their specific TV. Maybe call it "Max Color Depth" and allow setting 8Bit, 10Bit, 12Bit, and 16Bit. Until Kodi supports more than 8-bit, we could also default this setting to 8Bit in LibreElec. The other method to do this would be with a custom EDID that removes the 30, 36, and 48 bit modes from your TV info.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0910: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.3 #1 SMP Sat Sep 10 21:12:29 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160910210841-#0910-g3389a8b [Build #0910]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (3389a8bd, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (48e14b5a, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes FernetMenta "VideoPlayer" patches
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (c8188d82)
  • Includes latest libcec master (62b8520c, ahead +15)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (fac3a954, ahead +34)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (508792f1, +5), inputstream.rtmp (91bb3741, +5), inputstream.smoothstream (90b07cdc, +1), peripheral.joystick (9e88033b, +33), pvr.argustv (299088b5), pvr.demo (01c68c88), pvr.dvblink (ea3d98cc), pvr.dvbviewer (f72c62ff), pvr.filmon (675c2b4e), pvr.hdhomerun (eef1bd15), pvr.hts (48b2e261), pvr.iptvsimple (a4c52558), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (3c39bd0c, +7), pvr.mythtv (b1b426f3), pvr.nextpvr (4dabcf41), pvr.njoy (b5d65655), pvr.pctv (d6d969fe), pvr.stalker (7df63b24, +12), pvr.vbox (2750c92a), pvr.vdr.vnsi (da5fdd5a, +1), pvr.vuplus (7ab30d34), pvr.wmc (d9eac84f)
  • Includes commits from xbmc/master, ahead +1 (FernetMenta)
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.99-PR10309.patch: Merged upstream
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.99-Revert-PR10247.patch: Not required
  • Exclude [env] libcec-PR208.patch: Merged upstream
  • Include [env] patch: Add kodi binary addons (pvr, adsp, other)
  • Include [env] patch: Don't build ADSP addons
  • Include [env] patch: ffmpeg: Bump to 3.1.3-Krypton-Beta3 (e9002c3)
  • Include [env] patch: Bump included addon versions to prevent online updates
  • Include [env] patch: xf86-video-amdgpu: bump to latest master 6a1ba04, updated Polaris 10 & 11 support
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.* and os.*
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] 441217d8: logging: Add microsecond timer to log messages (kodi)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Fixes and diagnostics for Braswell (linux)
  • Include [pkg] patch: peripheral.joystick: Disable udev and see if stability improves (peripheral.joystick)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Fix backwards test in Chris Wilson patch (link) (linux)
  • Include [pkg] patch: [skin.estuary] Hide watched items on home (kodi-theme-Estuary)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Limit the depth of the display pipeline to the framebuffer (linux)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:10370: Add settings to control notification rumble duration and strength
  • Include [pkg] PR:10442: [Estuary] bugfixes
  • Include [pkg] PR:10444: [AddonInstaller] - 1 year and 8 month after the last recursion fix fr¦
  • Include [pkg] PR:10445: require click action to activate slider controls
Build Highlights:
  1. cmake change
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • init: make sure /storage is owned by root (PR:716, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • build system cleanup (PR:696, 2 commits, 11 files changed)
    • Package updates (PR:690, 17 commits, 19 files changed)
      • alsa-lib: update to 1.1.2
      • alsa-utils: update to 1.1.2
      • elfutils: update to 0.166
      • libpng: update to 1.6.25
      • RTL8192EU: update to 0c80da7
      • openvpn: update to 2.3.12
      • libmnl: update to 1.0.4
      • libevdev: update to 1.5.4
      • libXfont: update to 1.5.2
      • libmicrohttpd: update to 0.9.51
      • libinput: update to 1.4.1
      • fontconfig: update to 2.12.1
      • mesa: update to 12.0.2
      • libva-intel-driver: update to 1.7.2
      • libva: update to 1.7.2
      • ccache: update to 3.2.8
      • mysql: update to 5.7.15
  2. XBMC:
    • cmake cosmetics (PR:10437, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
  3. pvr.stalker:
    • fixes (PR:73, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
This debug log is two issues: firstly for the "Set as default for all media" problem with the subs, I tried enabling subs and then opening the dialogue to set them as default. They are still not being enabled for all video content.

There's also an issue with fast forwarding. I FF'd at 8x for some time, then resumed playback at normal rate at which point both video and audio froze. I have observed this several times.

EDIT: And one more thing: the dim screensaver doesn't work, the dimming is not applied after the specified time.

http://pastebin.com/TvxY2RUe
@Boulder can you test the subtitle issue with stock Estuary?
Hello,

Maybe something has changed with AE audio system. I have DTS flacs music that my receiver played with no problem, but with 909 I only ear static sound when I play those files. The volume in Kodi is at max.

Sorry, no logs availables at this moment.

Thanks.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11