• 134(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
@alxtr1bal: Just out of interest, have you tried using the custom xorg.conf to force the amdgpu driver? Part of the problem seems to be that the Xorg fails to load the amdgpu driver.

Create the following in /storage/.config/xorg.conf and reboot.

Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "AMDGPU"
    Driver "amdgpu"
    Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
    Option "DRI" "3"
EndSection
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
here is the log file with the custom xorg.conf, same black screen

dmesg : http://sprunge.us/RKfS
xorg log : http://pastebin.com/1Wy0Bvf5
@Milhouse: I dont want to distract you at all with what you are currently working on, but can I ask you a question.
Do you know of any issue with lirc on this build, I am trying to get my gyration remote working through lirc, but some of the files seem to be missing?
That said this is the first time I have tried to configure it in LibreElec, It does work in OpenElec though.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0915b: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.4 #1 SMP Fri Sep 16 00:14:34 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160916004100-#0915b-g6af9595 [Build #0915b]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (6af95952, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (44fb790d, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes FernetMenta "VideoPlayer" patches
  • Includes latest kodi-platform master (c8188d82)
  • Includes latest libcec master (62b8520c, ahead +15)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (fac3a954, ahead +34)
  • Includes latest p8-platform master (041a8c6c, ahead +1)
  • Includes latest addons: inputstream.mpd (deadbe2d, +9), inputstream.rtmp (91bb3741, +5), inputstream.smoothstream (081c6c43, +2), peripheral.joystick (263aa849, +34), pvr.argustv (299088b5), pvr.demo (01c68c88), pvr.dvblink (ea3d98cc), pvr.dvbviewer (f72c62ff), pvr.filmon (675c2b4e), pvr.hdhomerun (eef1bd15), pvr.hts (48b2e261), pvr.iptvsimple (a4c52558), pvr.mediaportal.tvserver (3c39bd0c, +7), pvr.mythtv (b1b426f3), pvr.nextpvr (4dabcf41), pvr.njoy (b5d65655), pvr.pctv (d6d969fe), pvr.stalker (7df63b24, +12), pvr.vbox (2750c92a), pvr.vdr.vnsi (da5fdd5a, +1), pvr.vuplus (7ab30d34), pvr.wmc (d9eac84f)
  • Includes commits from xbmc/master, ahead +2 (FernetMenta)
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.11-fix-aarch64-compile.patch: Merged upstream
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.99-PR10309.patch: Merged upstream
  • Exclude [env] kodi-999.99-Revert-PR10247.patch: Not required
  • Exclude [env] libcec-PR208.patch: Merged upstream
  • Include [env] 868099f1: linux: Enable ChromeOS laptop hardware support
  • Include [env] patch: Add kodi binary addons (pvr, adsp, other)
  • Include [env] patch: Don't build ADSP addons
  • Include [env] patch: ffmpeg: Bump to 3.1.3-Krypton-Beta3 (e9002c3)
  • Include [env] patch: kodi: Fix addon wrapper after PR:10335
  • Include [env] patch: libdrm: update to 2d00869
  • Include [env] patch: mesa: update to 12.1.0-devel
  • Include [env] patch: Bump included addon versions to prevent online updates
  • Include [env] patch: xf86-video-amdgpu: bump to latest master 6a1ba04, updated Polaris 10 & 11 support
  • Include [env] patch: linux: Enable DRM_AMD_POWERPLAY (power management), DRM_AMDGPU_CIK (pre-Polaris support) and DRM_AMD_ACP (audio co-pro)
  • Include [env] patch: Add experimental splash video for RPi
  • Include [env] patch: HACK: Disable multiple PVR addons during migration. Always enable inputstream.* and os.*
  • Include [env] PR:730: firmware: update blobs. add script
  • Include [env] PR:738: scripts/mkimage: Add run mode, remember default selection, resize gpt partitions
  • Revert [env] 46b9b7b3: rtmpdump (Reason: use newclock5 bump)
  • Include [pkg] 441217d8: logging: Add microsecond timer to log messages (kodi)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Fixes and diagnostics for Braswell (linux)
  • Include [pkg] patch: peripheral.joystick: Disable udev and see if stability improves (peripheral.joystick)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Fix backwards test in Chris Wilson patch (link) (linux)
  • Include [pkg] patch: [skin.estuary] Hide watched items on home (kodi-theme-Estuary)
  • Include [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Limit the depth of the display pipeline to the framebuffer (linux)
  • Include [pkg] PR:8645: [video] Add season/TV show artwork to episodes/seasons even if they have their own fanart.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8824: videodb: fix smart playlists not honoring "Show empty TV shows" setting.
  • Include [pkg] PR:8922: [guiinfo] extend ranges for listitem properties
  • Include [pkg] PR:10370: Add settings to control notification rumble duration and strength
  • Include [pkg] PR:10445: require click action to activate slider controls
Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.7.4 kernel
  2. AE: fix mem leak in tempo filter
  3. Latest mesa 12.1.0-devel, libdrm. Add CONFIG_DRM_AMD_POWERPLAY and CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_CIK
  4. #0915b: Remove CONFIG_SND_SOC_INTEL_* options added along with CONFIG_DRM_AMD_* changes
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • linux: update to linux-4.7.4 (PR:737, 3 commits, 28 files changed)
    • mesa: update to 12.0.3 (PR:736, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [pvr][epg] fix division by zero in CGUIEPGGridContainer::GetLabel (PR:10464, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Added 2 view modes with zoom that depends on AR (PR:10318, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
    • AESinkWASAPI: Move deprecated layout before first 7.1 layout (#16903) (PR:10466, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] Fix a possible leak and a micro-optimisation. (PR:10455, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] Fix some coverity issues. (PR:10456, 4 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [language] fix empty string comment after ec5b24d9ecd6a99939a52b4e32e2ece712b04bab (e51e752f)
  3. xbmc/master (FernetMenta):
    • New commits in this build:
      • AE: fix mem leak in tempo filter (4223e680)
  4. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: libdrm: update to 2d00869
    • Added: [env] patch: mesa: update to 12.1.0-devel
    • Added: [env] patch: linux: Enable DRM_AMD_POWERPLAY (power management), DRM_AMDGPU_CIK (pre-Polaris support) and DRM_AMD_ACP (audio co-pro)
    • Added: [env] PR:738: scripts/mkimage: Add run mode, remember default selection, resize gpt partitions
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-16, 00:19)madmarkym Wrote: @Milhouse: I dont want to distract you at all with what you are currently working on, but can I ask you a question.
Do you know of any issue with lirc on this build, I am trying to get my gyration remote working through lirc, but some of the files seem to be missing?
That said this is the first time I have tried to configure it.

Which build, the regular build based on 4.7.x? That's using lirc 0.9.4 and I'm not aware of any issues. What files are missing?

If you mean one of the 4.8-rc6 builds then there might be issues as these builds are using an unstable 0.9.5 branch (only one compatible with 4.8).

Though to be honest I know less about lirc than I do RX480 GPUs...
Hi Millhouse, with the #0915 build audio device is greyed out and no sound, NUC6i3SYK
(2016-09-16, 00:12)madmarkym Wrote: here is the log file with the custom xorg.conf, same black screen

dmesg : http://sprunge.us/RKfS
xorg log : http://pastebin.com/1Wy0Bvf5

Hmmm... it's used the custom xorg config, but Xorg still refuses to load the amdgpu driver and is instead using the radeon driver (which doesn't support Polaris).
(2016-09-16, 00:42)porkchop999 Wrote: Hi Millhouse, with the #0915 build audio device is greyed out and no sound, NUC6i3SYK

OK sorry about that, I'll revert some of those Intel specific CONFIG changes I slipped into the last build (will be fixed in tomorrows build).
I can't boot into #0915 anymore with my Nvidia Geforce 210 GPU, xorg failed to start
dmesg: http://sprunge.us/ccif
here is the log files for #0915 running the rx460 GPU - black screen error
dmesg: http://sprunge.us/ACAM
xorg: http://pastebin.com/BWBBLyzw
Yeah, no audio device on #0915
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-09-16, 00:52)madmarkym Wrote: I can't boot into #0915 anymore with my Nvidia Geforce 210 GPU, xorg failed to start
dmesg: http://sprunge.us/ccif

Can you try with #0915x and #0915y - need to know if this is caused by the updated mesa/libdrm, or a config change (be surprised if the latter).

Will push an update with working audio (and maybe working nvidia) in a short while.
Thanks Milhouse
Thanks!

BTW Where do you want donations? Kodi or LibreELEC?
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
Umm... you decide! Smile
  • 134(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11