• 135(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
£20 incoming. Not much but some. Keep up the good work! Smile
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-09-16, 01:07)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 00:52)madmarkym Wrote: I can't boot into #0915 anymore with my Nvidia Geforce 210 GPU, xorg failed to start
dmesg: http://sprunge.us/ccif

Can you try with #0915x and #0915y - need to know if this is caused by the updated mesa/libdrm, or a config change (be surprised if the latter).

Will push an update with working audio (and maybe working nvidia) in a short while.

Both those builds were fine when I tried them earlier, now neither of them work, both of them failed to start xorg.
Looks like I may of corrupted my system by constantly swapping my GPU's, think I will need to format my system and start again.
(2016-09-16, 00:52)madmarkym Wrote: I can't boot into #0915 anymore with my Nvidia Geforce 210 GPU, xorg failed to start
dmesg: http://sprunge.us/ccif

#0915 boots fine on an ION2, so this is a little surprising. Not even sure if nvidia uses mesa/libdrm. It's possible there's a library conflict with the new mesa...?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-16, 01:22)madmarkym Wrote: Both those builds were fine when I tried them earlier, now neither of them work, both of them failed to start xorg.
Looks like I may of corrupted my system by constantly swapping my GPU's, think I will need to format my system and start again.

You don't have that custom xorg.conf still in place do you? You'll need to delete that when using the nvidia GPU
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-16, 01:26)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 01:22)madmarkym Wrote: Both those builds were fine when I tried them earlier, now neither of them work, both of them failed to start xorg.

You don't have that custom xorg.conf still in place do you? You'll need to delete that when using the nvidia GPU

That was perfect timing, I was just about to format my system, you are right it was the xorg file I created early was causing the problem with the nvidia card, thanks very much. you saved me from unnecessary work
One thing I did notice I was, after I created the xorg.conf and I rebooted the system with the rx460 GPU installed the text in the xorg file was gone, should this happen?. I double checked twice and the same happened again.
(2016-09-16, 01:35)madmarkym Wrote: One thing I did notice I was, after I created the xorg.conf and I rebooted the system with the rx460 GPU installed the text in the xorg file was gone, should this happen?. I double checked twice and the same happened again.

I'd expect something to be written to /var/log/Xorg.0.log, is this the xorg file you mean? Otherwise there might be something in "journalctl" if Xorg can't start at all.
(2016-09-16, 01:42)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 01:35)madmarkym Wrote: One thing I did notice I was, after I created the xorg.conf and I rebooted the system with the rx460 GPU installed the text in the xorg file was gone, should this happen?. I double checked twice and the same happened again.

I'd expect something to be written to /var/log/Xorg.0.log, is this the xorg file you mean? Otherwise there might be something in "journalctl" if Xorg can't start at all.

I meant I add

Section "Device"
Identifier "AMDGPU"
Driver "amdgpu"
Option "AccelMethod" "glamor"
Option "DRI" "3"
EndSection

to xorg.conf, then reboot the system with the rx460 GPU installed.
I then open xorg.conf after the reboot the the file is empty, I tried this twice with the same out come.
No, that sounds odd, as nothing should be writing to that file... it's in /storage/.config/xorg.conf?
I've updated the last release post with #0915b, this reverts the CONFIG_SND_SOC_INTEL_* changes - sorry about that.

You may need to reapply your Audio settings, in case Kodi is now configured for Pulse Audio (the only working audio device with the original #0915 build).
Smile 
I don't believe it I have put your xorg.conf file with #0915x and my rx460 GPU is working Smile I am amazed
Woohoo. Smile
Audio all good now, thanks
Although it's not the right solution, as you shouldn't need the custom xorg.conf. This confirms something is wrong with the Xorg/Mesa/GPU detection.

Can you provide me the following output with the RX460 installed:
Code:
lspci | pastebinit
lspci -v | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit
cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | pastebinit
Thanks.

Can you also re-test #0915x and #0915y with your custom xorg.conf, as it would be good to know if the RX460 now works with mesa 12.0.3 and current libdrm, or if it needs mesa 12.1.0-devel and updated libdrm (I'd like to avoid including 12.1.0 if possible).

Edit: OK I see you were testing with #0915x in your previous post. Great, that means it works with 12.0.3. I'll drop 12.1.0-devel in the next build (hopefully 12.1.0-devel is also working!)
I have now successfully booted into #0915b as well Smile, I will check #0915y
#0915/#0915b is basically the same as #0915y. Smile
  • 135(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11