• 138(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
@_Spook_: Here are your three 4.8-rc6 based builds.

#0917k: without the 4k patch; without the lspcon patch
#0917l: with the 4k patch; with the lspcon patch
#0917m: without the 4k patch; with the lspcon patch
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Can somebody help me about my sound issue ?
With the latest updates for Radeon RX4XX, i have no sound over HDMI 2 (passtrhough on AVR) with anything in DTS HD MA or Dolby True HD
Did it work before?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-09-17, 11:05)fritsch Wrote: Did it work before?

Not using the RX 460, yes. DTS HD MA and dolby true HD worked.
Hmmm, may be related : https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n...-DAL-Audio
(2016-09-17, 11:06)alxtr1bal Wrote:
(2016-09-17, 11:05)fritsch Wrote: Did it work before?

Not using the RX 460, yes. DTS HD MA and dolby true HD worked.

So basically. It never worked with the RX 460. So not a regression in LibreELEC. Try to set your screen to 1080p / 60 hz and disable refreshrate switching. This needs to be filed at bugs.freedesktop.org
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch, i think it's already there : https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97258#c10
Not so sure - you have audio, but dts-hd, truehd is missing if I got that right which is a big difference.

So what happens in 1080p60 same issue?
(2016-09-17, 12:02)fritsch Wrote: Not so sure - you have audio, but dts-hd, truehd is missing if I got that right which is a big difference.

So what happens in 1080p60 same issue?

Yep, same issue.
Quote:There's also an issue with fast forwarding. I FF'd at 8x for some time, then resumed playback at normal rate at which point both video and audio froze. I have observed this several times.

Also the dim screensaver doesn't work, the dimming is not applied after the specified time.
Were you able to reproduce these issues? I retested them last night and they still occur in the latest build. While testing, I noticed that the quick jump forward also sometimes makes video and audio freeze. If I then pause and resume, the playback indicator shows that the clip is playing but nothing happens on the screen (and no audio either). Quick jumping backwards fixes the issue.
trac.kodi.tv with all debug logs, please.
OK, will do Smile
Last update not good for my Samsung chromebox with libreelec on.
It finds the update installs it fine.
But just blank screen on reboot.
Went back to the earlier update and all is Ok.
Already fixed in kodi upstream.
(2016-09-17, 07:16)Milhouse Wrote: @_Spook_: Here are your three 4.8-rc6 based builds.

#0917k: without the 4k patch; without the lspcon patch
#0917l: with the 4k patch; with the lspcon patch
#0917m: without the 4k patch; with the lspcon patch
Thank you very much!

So, I figured out something more. It seems like this problem occures with the "adjust refreshrate" setting set to "always" or "on start/stop". The "sync playback to monitor" setting works fine on or off.

Test with setting "adjust refreshrate" to "on start/stop" or "always":
#0917k without the 4k patch; without the lspcon patch: no signal sync, so no video/audio on playback of any files
#0917l with the 4k patch; with the lspcon patch: no signal sync, so no video/audio on playback of any files
#0917m without the 4k patch; with the lspcon patch: no signal sync, so no video/audio on playback of any files
#0916 no signal sync, so no video/audio on playback of any files
#0901 no signal sync, so no video/audio on playback of any files

Test with setting "adjust refreshrate" to "off":
#0917k without the 4k patch; without the lspcon patch: ok
#0917l with the 4k patch; with the lspcon patch: ok
#0917m without the 4k patch; with the lspcon patch: ok
#0916 ok

It seems the problem is related to loss of signal when changing refreshrate to sync with video the problem happens.

Non of the patches has any say on this problem. I tried a build with the 8bpc patch also just for fun and that also works without the syncfeature enabled in any way.

So, I am lost...hehe. But without "Adjust refreshrate" it works on all builds I have tested.

EDIT: I can also add that it is also impossible to change the GUI resolution without loosing sync and if I change the GUI refreshrate the image flickers. This dp->hdmi chip is a pain in the behind it seems...

EDIT2: This could all be related to a crap firmware from Paradetech. Intel has an old firmware that they have made availible for the NUC6i7KYK. I have a Club3D (CAC-1170 Paradetech) miniDP->HDMI 2.0 adapter that uses the same chip that has a newer firmware. I will play with that on monday.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11