• 142(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-09-22, 01:33)normy62 Wrote: quick question am thinking of purchasing the new minix neo z83-4 which has Intel® Atom x5-Z8300 Processor ( cherry trail) with windows 10 64 bit pre installed. i dont know if this machine is 32bit uefi or 64 bit uefi.. i would prefer to get rid of windows and install libreelec i need to know which build ( if any) i can install on this..or if anyone knows of a better box i would welcome your suggestions
thank you in advance

The Z8300 is a really bad choice for Linux, which includes LibreELEC. It might work with the current 4.7.4 kernel (as we include a custom patch) but will be broken again with the 4.8 kernel until someone produces a new patch. Do yourself a favour and avoid the Z8300 if you can.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0921: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.4 #1 SMP Thu Sep 22 00:50:32 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160922004916-#0921-g9720172 [Build #0921]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (97201723, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a8b701d4, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. libnfs updates (mostly WIN32 related)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • scripts/mkimage: Add run mode, remember default selection, resize gpt… (PR:738, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • repository.kodinerds: change repo (PR:757, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [estouchy] exit button should execute the selected shutdown function (PR:10513, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [depends] fix binary-addon install when not cross-compiling (fixes #16916) (PR:10515, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [estuary] - drop some PVR viewtypes (PR:10503, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [mingwlibs] a set of small fixes for ffmpeg build proc. (PR:10497, 6 commits, 4 files changed)
    • Ticket #16906 - Fix iEndOffset property when parsing cue files (PR:10521, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Picture improvements (PR:10484, 5 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [Estuary] misc fixes and tweaks (PR:10526, 1 commit, 19 files changed)
    • Musicroles Menu Additional default nodes (00d113a6)
  3. libnfs:
    • Conditionally include unistd.h from libnfs-zdr.c as some platforms lack this header (6cde2aca)
    • WIN32: win32 does not have IFNAMSIZ (799abde6)
    • WIN32: Don't call assert() before all variables are declared. (4c3d809e)
    • WIN32: Add portmap to more include directives (b741a44f)
    • WIN32: Update the path to nfs-{cp|ls}.c (53f63446)
    • WIN32: fix compile warnings in nfs.c (563c1123)
    • WIN32: Use size_t for the rpc fragment size (c672db83)
    • more win32 fixes (6d3e9814)
    • compiler warnings (e53758fc)
    • Merge branch 'master' of github.comConfusedahlberg/libnfs (fc2501dc)
    • WIN32: No need to run rpcgen.exe anymore. Remove from project. (b70d5b6d)
    • WIN32: Add portmap to the include paths (9a652705)
    • WIN32: remove references to onc-rpc (2601b424)
    • WIN32: Add include paths for include/nfsc for x64 builds (c000bf2a)
  4. inputstream.mpd:
  5. peripheral.joystick:
    • Fix extra semicolon in if statement (b77d587a)
  6. pvr.dvblink:
    • pvr.dvblink version 3.3.5 (krypton) (PR:54, 4 commits, 19 files changed)
  7. pvr.hts:
    • Minor README updates (PR:239, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  8. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@normy62 choose version if possible with UEFI64 and remember on z8300 is only sound over HDMI stereo and PCM
and like @Milhouse when patch are avaiable for current kernel.

i dont care about that becuase im using USB sound card (Creative X-fi for SPDIF output)
Whole rest like Image quality, colors, deinterlace nice ! first 2 even better from NVIDIA
(2016-09-22, 02:17)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 01:33)normy62 Wrote: quick question am thinking of purchasing the new minix neo z83-4 which has Intel® Atom x5-Z8300 Processor ( cherry trail) with windows 10 64 bit pre installed. i dont know if this machine is 32bit uefi or 64 bit uefi.. i would prefer to get rid of windows and install libreelec i need to know which build ( if any) i can install on this..or if anyone knows of a better box i would welcome your suggestions
thank you in advance

The Z8300 is a really bad choice for Linux, which includes LibreELEC. It might work with the current 4.7.4 kernel (as we include a custom patch) but will be broken again with the 4.8 kernel until someone produces a new patch. Do yourself a favour and avoid the Z8300 if you can.

thanks for that info.. i will take your advice on buying a z8300.. i am on a budget so what about the Intel® NUC Kit NUC5CPYH is that one ok to install libreelec on a ssd or memory card.. thanks again or please advise on any alternatives
I had the NUC5CPYH it ran great, if you can hold out till the end of the year, the new model will be out with 10bit decoding support
Build #921 works fine on Intel Nuc NUC5PPYH (Intel Pentium N3700 quad-core CPU @ 1.6GHz)

Only one thing is not working.

I found a strange behavior, spending between LE differ externally locally and LE in the Player Progress indicator.

so I have LE incl TVH on a Nuc when I call the Progress player display (formerly codec information) missing information, but I go with another LE (on the same network, with access to the TVH server) on the display everything is displayed correctly , Enclosed the Screenshots

Libreelec with TVH as Server

Libreelec as Client

Are you using the same version of tvheadend locally on LE as you are on the server? Latest tvheadend42 for LibreELEC can be found here: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/addo...headend42/
It is not easy to explain.

On a Nuc I Kodi Your Build # 921 plus TVH # 0921-milhouse-v4.1-2240-ge967779 installed (livingroom IP 192.168.1.50) on this system lacks the information shown in the screenshot. Only fails if Kodi and TVH are on the same System.

If I are in the Same Network to the TVH server (192.168.1.50) connect from another Kodisystem as pure client data displayed correctly. Screenshot. 2

(2016-09-21, 21:31)tinzarian Wrote: @Milhouse @fritsch
I was running #919x for a while, as I said kernel 4.8 fixes my power on issue, which is nice, but with this build I have another problem: all audio disappears compleely. I did a clean install of 7.02, updated to#919x and all was fine. The next time I powered up I got no audio whatsoever. I have no idea if this is a LE, kodi or kernel issue, but attached are:
journalctl
dmesg
debug log

It seems to be a kernel issue. The regular #919 build is not affected. For good measure the same logs, but from the regular build
journalctl
dmesg
debug log
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0922: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.4 #1 SMP Thu Sep 22 23:46:50 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160922234533-#0922-g0926869 [Build #0922]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (0926869e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (5d584e29, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. More libnfs updates
  2. Switch to basic kodi database update notification
  3. peripheral.joystick udpated with linux as default provider
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • llvm: build llvm-config for host (PR:758, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [PVR] Fix epg data unload on application exit / log off. (PR:10524, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix potential SQL constraint integrity violation in the PVR database (PR:10507, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [VideoPlayer] Render capture fixes. (PR:10529, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [settings] - increase possible skinzoom from +-20 to +-30 percent. (PR:10520, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Drop AsyncFileCopy and some random seemingly unused stuff (PR:10491, 3 commits, 9 files changed)
    • [cmake] Fix FindCCACHE module (PR:10528, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix autoconf-based build after #10491. (PR:10535, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [macos][ios] fix xcode project after #10491. (PR:10534, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • TestStopWatch: Take care if we get scheduled (PR:10523, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • show text on splash screen during migration tasks (PR:10483, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Miscellaneous keymap cleanup (PR:10347, 1 commit, 8 files changed)
    • [cmake/win32] Remove BUILDING_WITH_CMAKE ifdeffery (PR:10443, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
  3. libnfs:
    • WIN32: make pagecache ttl of type time_t (3d1351bf)
    • WIN32: Fix types for max_watch_len st_dev and st_ino (6b6d6084)
    • WIN32: compiler warnings (dc8e10df)
    • WIN32: Change examples -> utils for nfs-ls and nfs-cp project filter (adc46ec1)
    • WIN32: remove the nfsclient-* examples from the project (72bcd185)
    • nfs-cp: add casts between the nfs stat elements and the normal stat elements (84c894c8)
    • WIN32: conditionally remove some stat fields that are not present under win32 (232c9da7)
    • nfs-cp remove unused variable ret (2ff61312)
    • nfs-cp change uint64_t to size_t for the read/write wrappers (8c8e615e)
    • WIN32: map open to _open. Same for lseek, read, write (048e7737)
  4. peripheral.joystick:
    • Switch default provider from udev to linux (PR:53, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  5. pvr.hts:
    • Fix Travis XCode 6.1 build by upgrading CMake (PR:242, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
one more dumb question re:the Intel Nuc NUC5PPYH do i need to install windows or can i just have libreelec installed.
am sure it has been discussed before but i am a newbie to this and i hate windows with a passion
thanks again
(2016-09-23, 02:59)normy62 Wrote: one more dumb question re:the Intel Nuc NUC5PPYH do i need to install windows or can i just have libreelec installed.
am sure it has been discussed before but i am a newbie to this and i hate windows with a passion
thanks again

You just need to install LibreELEC.

You can write LibreELEC 7.90.005 to your USB memory stick using the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator tool.

Then boot your NUC from the USB memory stick. Type "installer" to install LibreELEC permanently to you internal disk (wiping whatever is already installed), or type "live" to test LibreELEC without installing anything - this will allow you to confirm it works before making any permanent changes.

Once you've installed LibreELEC 7.90.005 to your internal disk you can upgrade to these test builds by copying the latest tar file into the LibreELEC Update folder (see "Installing" section in the first post).

Edit: 7.90.006 is due in a few days and will support a third option, "run", which will allow you to boot LibreELEC with persistent storage on the USB memory stick (your internal storage will remain untouched). With "run" you can upgrade the version of LibreELEC on the USB memory stick in the normal way - essentially this will be a "portable" version of LibreELEC.
Hello,

First of all, many thanks for all the work you put into these builds. Just a quick question please. I tried your latest build,(#0922) updated over the official release (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2 on an Acer Revo Rl80) and now the PVR (iptvsimple) only plays 25-30 seconds of each channel before returning to the EPG. All works flawlessly on another Revo machine running the latest generic build mentioned above.

Just wondering if this was normal behaviour at the moment as I realise some things may not work as in official release builds.

Many thanks
Hi,

@normy62
I run libreelec on a NUC PPYH, it runs great, even with heavy skins.I don't think you can go wrong with a NUC, I have tried several other solutions (Wetek core, Rpi3 B), but I think the NUC is much better overall, no heating problems, great stability, multiboot ability, you can experiment a lot with it.
I like the fact that it has toslink out, for older AV receivers without HDMI, and a VGA out, so you can connect say a TV and a projector at the same time.

@millhouse
Thank you for all your work, I respect what you do for all of us.I have two questions, if you can please let me know
Do these builds support MVC or AVC 3d? I know I can play .iso files and SBS or Top and bottom 3d, but I cannot seem to play 3d mvc mkv files.They just play in plain monoscopic.If not, do you have any plans to support this 3d format, or the only solution will be to install Windows?

Also, using Estuary skin, greek characters in the Music library do not appear correctly.The same Albums/songs/Artists appear correctly when viewing the File Mode of the music.I have tried changing fonts from the GUI, editing Font.xml using other full unicode fonts that I know support Greek characters, but with no luck.Do you have any idea what might be the cause of this?

Thank you very much.
(2016-09-23, 05:49)tenbensuns Wrote: Hello,

First of all, many thanks for all the work you put into these builds. Just a quick question please. I tried your latest build,(#0922) updated over the official release (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2 on an Acer Revo Rl80) and now the PVR (iptvsimple) only plays 25-30 seconds of each channel before returning to the EPG. All works flawlessly on another Revo machine running the latest generic build mentioned above.

Just wondering if this was normal behaviour at the moment as I realise some things may not work as in official release builds.

Many thanks

No this isn't normal behaviour, please upload a debug log.
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11