• 147(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-09-29, 08:42)schumi2004 Wrote: Which version number are you referring to because i only know of latest version #0928

We're going back almost a year since this problem began... build #1018 is an old OpenELEC Jarvis build. It's unusual to refer to a build older than a few months, and very unusual to refer to a build almost 12 months old - this is why I use only the month/day to identify a build as that's typicallyl all that is necessary. In this case we're taking about build #151018, to give it its complete build code. Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@conca: you also said "after many minutes the video image goes crazy" - is your Zbox overheating? The problem definitely looks like something going out of tolerance/spec, which might be explained by overheating. Crack open the box and check for excessive dust, and if there's a fan that it's still spinning...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank u very mutch for the reply.

I'll try all the checks you suggest to me !!
My Zbox is a C model .... so there is NO fan ... only passive cooling

I'm thinking to change my HTPC ... and I like to buy a new NUC 6i3 skylake
Do u think is a good choice and I'll can solve my problem ?

And about cooling, I could choose to:
passive cooling ... zbox CI523
Active cooling ... intel nuc6i3syh
I have a 6i5 Skylake and it's fine. It has a little fan in it but you can't really hear it. The only time I hear it is when it spins up at full speed at power on for a fraction of a second, but then it is sat about a foot away from me on my desk... you won't hear it in a typical lounge environment unless you've got bat-like hearing.
It could be that with newer builds conca's box gets higher cpu usage. And because of that is overheating. Regardless the newer kernel has no changes for used hardware.
(2016-09-27, 20:45)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-27, 19:34)n2vwz Wrote: I tried to update version 0826 to version 0926 on a Chromebox. The update failed, reporting that a partition was too small.

What is the best approach to update to 0926. I probably need to do a clean install, but I haven't seen any full installs for the Milhouse builds.

Recommendations?

See note #5, first post. If you want to do a clean install use an alpha img.gz, then upgrade.
I performed a backup, followed by a clean install. I then did a recovery from backup. My configuration settings were restored, however, the original build was not recovered, leaving me with the clean install build instead. The Kodi graphics were over scanning the display by 4.4%. This problem was not previously present.

Updating the normal method to version 0927 was successful. I'm still investigating the Samsung Smart TV settings to try to resolve the over scan issue.
Backup doesn't include the build, just user data, so if you backup using #0927 then restore on to 7.0.2 you'll still be on 7.0.2 once the restore is complete.
(2016-09-29, 22:27)Milhouse Wrote: Backup doesn't include the build, just user data, so if you backup using #0927 then restore on to 7.0.2 you'll still be on 7.0.2 once the restore is complete.
I also noticed that the LibreElec configuration settings moved from the Main Menu to the Gearbox folder along with Kodi configuration settings.

Do I still need to keep the "LibreElec Configuration" add-on that is located with the other add-ons in the Add-on folder?
(2016-09-29, 22:43)n2vwz Wrote: I also noticed that the LibreElec configuration settings moved from the Main Menu to the Gearbox folder along with Kodi configuration settings.

Yes, the LE Settings button changed location in #0919.
(2016-09-29, 22:43)n2vwz Wrote: Do I still need to keep the "LibreElec Configuration" add-on that is located with the other add-ons in the Add-on folder?
Yes, it's the same add-on - what you now see in the Settings section is simply a button that accesses the "LibreELEC Configuration" add-on.
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0929: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.5 #1 SMP Fri Sep 30 00:01:03 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160929235942-#0929-ga604b4a [Build #0929]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (a604b4ad, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (2ec0be0d, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. llvm: build shared library
  2. Remove home screen info mapping from remote.xml
  3. Drop PR10544
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • fixups after cmake changes (PR:775, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • scripts/build: use debug option for target instead of host (PR:778, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: notify gui on speed changes (PR:10581, 4 commits, 1 file changed)
    • minor keymap change for tempo up/down (PR:10584, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [gui] change fallback icon for "New playlist..." entries (PR:10590, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videoplayer] Remove codec name extraction from the codec fourcc field (PR:10588, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:777: llvm: build shared library
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10585: Remove home screen info mapping from remote.xml
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10592: [gui] change rule type selection from spinner to selectdialog
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0930: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.7.6 #1 SMP Fri Sep 30 21:04:44 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20160930210328-#0930-ge1a8d5a [Build #0930]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (e1a8d5ac, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (27c4bc61, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.7.6 kernel
  2. Add xorg-radeon.conf to enable dri3 and glamor on pre-GCN hardware
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • projects/WeTek: add serial console service (PR:769, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • toolchain: only setup_toolchain target when building (PR:780, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • path: optimize package processing (PR:781, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • projects/WeTek_Hub: Do not load Broadcom wlan module in the project (PR:784, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • WeTek_Hub: remove unneeded file (PR:785, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Add support for WeTek Play 2 TV box (PR:779, 5 commits, 23 files changed)
    • linux: update to linux-4.7.6 (PR:783, 2 commits, 25 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • [videoplayer] refactor/cosmetics GetExternalStreamDetailsFromFilename (PR:10587, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
    • FFmpeg: Bump to 3.1.4-Krypton-Beta3 (PR:10580, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix linking Libdvd (fixes: #16932) (PR:10582, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
    • Setting album user rating using album ID not GetAlbumIdByPath (PR:10553, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: allow change of resolution before renderer has been conf… (PR:10591, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Update kodi.desktop fixed german writing (#10571) (27c4bc61)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:786: xf86-video-ati: add xorg-radeon.conf to enable dri3 and glamor
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10572: [CryptThreading] replace hardcoded value for CRYPTO_LOCK by macro
    • Added: [pkg] PR:10594: [gui] smartplaylisteditor: convert spinners etc to regular buttons
Tried to load New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0930: Generic by putting it into update file of openelec 6.95.2 on reboot it reads that it has an update, unpacks then screen goes blank for about ten seconds then reboots blank screen again and reboots. This has been the same for all Libreelec builds i have tried. The last working build i have been able to load is openelec 6.95.2 . The later update openelec 6.95.3 exhibits the same symptoms,

My System details are as follows:
MSI AMD Fm2+ A68HI ATX Motherboard
AMD APU A6-6400K Black Edition
Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600
Kingston 240GB SSD Drive
Bios is set to Boot Legacy/uefi mode

I hope you guys can through some lite on this as i would hate to be stuck on Kodi 16
(2016-09-30, 23:24)Judoka333 Wrote: Tried to load New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #0930: Generic by putting it into update file of openelec 6.95.2 on reboot it reads that it has an update, unpacks then screen goes blank for about ten seconds then reboots blank screen again and reboots. This has been the same for all Libreelec builds i have tried. The last working build i have been able to load is openelec 6.95.2 . The later update openelec 6.95.3 exhibits the same symptoms,

My System details are as follows:
MSI AMD Fm2+ A68HI ATX Motherboard
AMD APU A6-6400K Black Edition
Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3 1600
Kingston 240GB SSD Drive
Bios is set to Boot Legacy/uefi mode

I hope you guys can through some lite on this as i would hate to be stuck on Kodi 16

Are you sure your PC reboots, or is it Kodi restarting?

If the latter, use ssh (username: root, password: libreelec) and run the following commands in #0930 then post the links:
Code:
dmesg | pastebinit
journalctl | pastebinit
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)

If your PC is actually rebooting it might be worth running a hardware diagnostic such as MemTest86+ - the last person with similar behaviour had faulty memory.
Attempting to upgrade from 9-23 to 9/30, I get a failure message about a fat partition being too small and needing to be re-sized. Is this expected?

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs                  1.3G    206.9M      1.1G  15% /dev
/dev/sda1               230.4M    220.1M      6.2M  97% /flash
/dev/sda2                29.0G     12.0G     16.9G  42% /storage
/dev/loop0              207.0M    207.0M         0 100% /
tmpfs                     1.3G         0      1.3G   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                     1.3G      6.5M      1.3G   0% /run
tmpfs                     1.3G         0      1.3G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                     1.3G    396.0K      1.3G   0% /var
tmpfs                     1.3G      4.0K      1.3G   0% /tmp
See first post #5:
Quote:/dev/sda1 230.4M 220.1M 6.2M 97% /flash
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11