• 158(current)
v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
@Milhouse: With all builds after 1004, video stuttering is back. So the Chris Wilson patch is only for 4.7.x Kernel? Possible to add the Patch back for testing on 4.8.x Kernel? Am I the only one that is affected?

thx
(2016-10-15, 11:45)Tequilla9 Wrote: @Milhouse: With all builds after 1004, video stuttering is back. So the Chris Wilson patch is only for 4.7.x Kernel? Possible to add the Patch back for testing on 4.8.x Kernel? Am I the only one that is affected?

thx

Thanks for pulling me up on that, I had actually remembered the details incorrectly.

The 4K patch is 4.8.x only (and doesn't seem to work anyway), while the Chris Wilson patch applies on top of both 4.7.x and 4.8.x (but doesn't apply on top of the 4K patch).

Now that the 4K patch has been dropped I can re-introduce the Chris Wilson patch - it will be back in tonight's #1015 build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-10-15, 15:19)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 11:45)Tequilla9 Wrote: @Milhouse: With all builds after 1004, video stuttering is back. So the Chris Wilson patch is only for 4.7.x Kernel? Possible to add the Patch back for testing on 4.8.x Kernel? Am I the only one that is affected?

thx

Thanks for pulling me up on that, I had actually remembered the details incorrectly.

The 4K patch is 4.8.x only (and doesn't seem to work anyway), while the Chris Wilson patch applies on top of both 4.7.x and 4.8.x (but doesn't apply on top of the 4K patch).

Now that the 4K patch has been dropped I can re-introduce the Chris Wilson patch - it will be back in tonight's #1015 build.

Great! Thx Milhouse Wink
(2016-10-14, 22:05)Roby77 Wrote: Ok Black screen after video stop catched

LibreELEC:~ # cat /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log |
pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/PHdT
LibreELEC:~ #
LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/QeAL
LibreELEC:~ # journalctl -a | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/ZaeU
LibreELEC:~ # cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | pastebinit
http://sprunge.us/WNCR

I am curious if there is anything interesting here. I have issues when refresh rate changes after a movie randomly and have yet to figure out which piece of equipment causes it
New LibreELEC.tv Krypton build #1015: Generic
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux NUC 4.8.1 #1 SMP Sun Oct 16 02:40:35 BST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
LibreELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20161016023917-#1015-ged2f577 [Build #1015]

Based on tip of LibreELEC.tv master (ed2f5777, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (63b8843a, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Controller fixes
  2. Aspect ratio fix
  3. SQLite 3.15.0 - micro-optimizations reduce CPU usage by more than 7% on common workloads
  4. Reintroduce Chris Wilson patch
  5. Drop lcdproc - service.lcdd add-on available (addons)
Build Details:
  1. LibreELEC.tv:
    • hardkernel reference no longer need (PR:839, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • VideoPlayer: fix seek beyond eof for mp4 (PR:10705, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • Fix controller input on the Shield if peripheral.joystick is not present (PR:10695, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Fix restart needed to enable/disable peripheral add-ons (PR:10690, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • Fix missing lock in CAddonButtonMap (PR:10691, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [android] don't strip binaries in debug builds (PR:10683, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [CryptThreading] replace hardcoded value for CRYPTO_LOCK by macro (PR:10572, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [webinterface.default] tvshows: default to poster view and use sorttitle (PR:9853, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [droid] force UTF8 locale (PR:10636, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • disable filedirectories in addonbrowser (PR:8965, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: drop dead code (PR:10706, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • SeekHandler: fix state InProgress (PR:10707, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • [cmake] Fix build_addon() macro (PR:10703, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Changed WinEventsSDL.cpp to better support Mac Native Full Screen (PR:10681, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [infomanager] add player.dbid infolabel (PR:10567, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • app: move first access of CPlaylistPlayer after init (PR:10709, 2 commits, 16 files changed)
    • [gitignore] add addon packages, __.SYMDEF* and certificates (PR:10566, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.mythtv:
    • 4.7.3 (PR:73, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
  4. xbmc/master (FernetMenta):
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: ffmpeg - use codec aspect ratio for stereo modes (3975cce6)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: sqlite: update to sqlite-3.15.0
    • Added: [env] PR:837: lcdd: initial addon
    • Added: [env] PR:838: llvm: build llvm-tblgen for host and use it for target
    • Added: [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Fix backwards test in Chris Wilson patch (link) (linux)
    • Added: [pkg] patch: drm/i915: Limit the depth of the display pipeline to the framebuffer (linux)
    • Added: [pkg] PR:33: bye bye lcdproc (service.libreelec.settings)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-09-26, 03:33)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 03:07)artur9 Wrote: When I try to do the update for these versions through the Libreelec menu it does not work. It downloads but never installs.

Is the installation of these test updates disabled?

No, include your debug log.

Here's the kodi.old.log http://sprunge.us/QgLC

But I think the key is
Code:
01:05:37 17126.724609 T:140111544313600   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/neil/projects/LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel/LibreELEC-settings-17315f4/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/resources/lib/modules/system.py", line 760, in do_autoupdate
                                            OSError: [Errno 18] Invalid cross-device link

because my .kodi/temp is actually on an external USB drive

Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            18 Mar  5  2016 .kodi/temp -> /var/media/scratch
df /var/media/scratch/
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1            153704484  40813300 105076736  28% /var/media/scratch
@Milhouse

#1015 Is the first build, which has zero error messages in the log, with the exception of the known ...

ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower is not supported by any .service files

Thank You
Yeah - that could most likely be changed to a LOGDEBUG as it's only needed for probing
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Good to Know, Thanks
The First Linux Kernel 4.9rc1 are released with many updates.

Kernel 4.9 rc1
(2016-10-16, 12:32)TCHAMMER Wrote: The First Linux Kernel 4.9rc1 are released with many updates.

Kernel 4.9 rc1

Which change exactly do you find useful? Which usecase?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-10-16, 07:14)artur9 Wrote: because my .kodi/temp is actually on an external USB drive

Yes, the update script downloads the new tar file into .kodi/temp then renames it into the .update folder - the rename fails because you've created .kodi/temp on an different file system so will have to move or copy it in future. I'll let them know, but for now you'll need to manually upgrade.
@artur9 the cross-device update issue will be fixed in tonight's build, but you'll still need to perform a manual update to get on to #1016. Once you are on #1016 you should be able to update normally using the LibreELEC Settings add-on.
(2016-10-16, 13:04)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 12:32)TCHAMMER Wrote: The First Linux Kernel 4.9rc1 are released with many updates.

Kernel 4.9 rc1

Which change exactly do you find useful? Which usecase?

Don´t know i post it only for info Wink Maybe others see benefits from the Changes they made Smile
Hi Millhouse,
i tested brave all of your new releases, no one fixed my DTS problem.
I read, the new kernel has a lot of audio patches on board. Maybe this will help....
  • 158(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11