• 172(current)
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread
Concept for the filebrowser. Not to be confused with the File Manager, which'll have the same feel but on a more practical scale.

zeuss-axis Wrote:Please stop...library features and scrapers are the domain of XBMC, not Aeon, and that discuss belongs elsewhere.

Translated texts works in all skins (that I've tried) except Aeon. It seems to me that it is a Aeon bug.
Complete localisation is not yet supported. Don't expect a fix any time soon.
grisen Wrote:Translated texts works in all skins (that I've tried) except Aeon. It seems to me that it is a Aeon bug.

Sorry; I was referring to the file-naming discussion.
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
its font related.

i think info and browse dialogs would look nicer without a picture reflection.

btw .. i really like the old context style since its so much different than in other skins. would it be possible to keep the old one and let the user decide wich context layout to use?
djh_ Wrote:Concept for the filebrowser. Not to be confused with the File Manager, which'll have the same feel but on a more practical scale.

Filebrowser looks good Djh. Keep up the great work Wink
djh_ Wrote:Concept for the filebrowser. Not to be confused with the File Manager, which'll have the same feel but on a more practical scale.

Very nice. Will this also be used for banner/fan art selection per movie/series? It seems like such a simple and clean interface that it'd transfer very well.

For the record, I like the reflections on it. It adds a lot of depth.
Looks amazing DJH, hope we'll have a Filemanager very soon as well... keep up the hard work!
If this has been suggested already I apoligise, but I didn't see it when skimming the thread.

Wouldn't it be prudent to support storing the backgrounds in a pre-compressed texture format (s3tc / dxtc etc) and render those directly? Saves disk space, reduces memory / vram usage, reduces io etc.

Up to 8:1 (or 4:1 for the quality minded) compression for dxtc would definitely make using the background textures more feasible on the xbox.

I'm not sure that xbmc supports reading compressed textures directly, maybe this is something that needs implementing there first?
xbmc does not handle dxtc compression, primarily as it looks the suck.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I don't know for sure but I think this skin is designed for use more on a media center pc rather than the xbox. xbmc's future is high def and the xbox wont do it. xbox support seems to be more of an after thought.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Realtime.

Everything lookes great djh. I am ultra excited about this release tomorrow (I overheard your whisper)

ps: I respect you even more now that I see that you have Lost in Translation, my favorite.
I overheard the whisper as well ... hehe!
What whisper... i must be obssessive ear wax again... lol
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON [ALPHA] (formerly "Xephyr"): Skin Release Thread24