• 109(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-10-27, 11:20)dumpling Wrote:
(2017-10-26, 18:41)Bmn2016 Wrote: check kernel version (uname -r in the CLI) if it's 4.14 or later then it'll work.

LibreELEC 9 (with Kodi 18) make Apollo Lake NUC6CAYH work perfectly including both 4K@60 video output and all kind of audio formats bitstreaming, so it's software support is slow, the hardware isn't a problem, one problem remain is although it can decode HEVC 10-bit 150Mbps (I haven't tested anything higher) HDR metadata isn't output to the TV so no HDR support.

So, buy an Nvidia Shield TV now if you want a perfect Kodi box (I can't think of anything that I want that the Shield isn't supported) or hold on for a few months until LibreELEC with Kodi 18 release (still no HDR support by then as far as I know) then your NUC can be a very capable Kodi box + linux power for anything else (media server/recorder...)

I'm an Ubuntu newbie with J3455. Just installed the latest ubuntu 17.10 with kernel version 4.13.
Right now I'm having major problems with it.
1, kodi lack audio passthrough option. It's missing the toggle field.
2, hardware decoding is not working, my cpu is at 30-50%
3, playback flickering

I guess I will try to update to kernel 4.14 but I doubt it helps because even with 4.13 those basic things listed above shouldn't be a problem.
I would love to use LibreELEC but I still need to bittorrent 24/7 on the same HTPC. I'm assuming LibreELEC can't run any app other than kodi, correct me if I'm wrong.

No Debug Log no issue
For 1, read: http://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
[quote pid='2660028' dateline='1509096018']
I would love to use LibreELEC but I still need to bittorrent 24/7 on the same HTPC.
[/quote]
To download the iilegal copies of the movies you wanna watch?
(2017-10-27, 11:20)dumpling Wrote: I'm an Ubuntu newbie with J3455. Just installed the latest ubuntu 17.10 with kernel version 4.13.
Right now I'm having major problems with it.
1, kodi lack audio passthrough option. It's missing the toggle field.
2, hardware decoding is not working, my cpu is at 30-50%
3, playback flickering

I guess I will try to update to kernel 4.14 but I doubt it helps because even with 4.13 those basic things listed above shouldn't be a problem.
I would love to use LibreELEC but I still need to bittorrent 24/7 on the same HTPC. I'm assuming LibreELEC can't run any app other than kodi, correct me if I'm wrong.

For number 2 I would be looking for answers on Ubuntu forums to figure out if you have everything needed to ensure hardware acceleration works. Generally I find these forums rather unhelpful for any linux os other than libreelec.

You need the vaapi driver installed and can verify whether its installed and functioning with vainfo.

(2017-10-27, 19:25)hasenbein Wrote: To download the iilegal copies of the movies you wanna watch?

Yea cause bittorrent isn't used for anything legitimate at all?, lol
[quote pid='2662389' dateline='1509583218']

Yea cause bittorrent isn't used for anything legitimate at all?, lol
[/quote]

Don't tell me stories of Santa Claus or the easter bunny, please. We all know what's up.
new DP->HDMI Firmware 1.72:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=95069

But the release notes don't help us:
  • An issue where a head mounted display would not wake up from sleep (S3) using Windows* Mixed Reality.

Didn't test it yet
(2017-11-02, 22:12)JasonLA Wrote: new DP->HDMI Firmware 1.72:

• An issue where a head mounted display would not wake up from sleep (S3) using Windows* Mixed Reality.

Didn't test it yet

Looks like we got an HDR update.
(2017-11-03, 15:15)honcho Wrote:
(2017-11-02, 22:12)JasonLA Wrote: new DP->HDMI Firmware 1.72:

Didn't test it yet

Looks like we got an HDR update.

oO ... I hope that was a joke :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Btw. I used the 1.7.2 firmware on my Apollo Lake from ASRock and for now - Adjust Refreshrate + HD passthrough always worked within the last 10 tests I did - this is new to me, as before every second / third switch f*cked up the AVR and it only reported "Unknown" as format.

Let's see how it works for you guys.
My Apollo Lake from ASRock J4205-ITX - AVR Denon X6200
firmware 1.66 : 4K - OK; 3D (Windows 10)  - OK; HD Passthrough - OK
firmware 1.72 : 4K - No; 3D (Windows 10 - No; HD Passthrough - No
(2017-11-04, 16:10)bobrik73 Wrote: My Apollo Lake from ASRock J4205-ITX - AVR Denon X6200
firmware 1.66 : 4K - OK; 3D (Windows 10)  - OK; HD Passthrough - OK
firmware 1.72 : 4K - No; 3D (Windows 10 - No; HD Passthrough - No

I tried with Linux :-) all fine. Hehe.
Btw. I hope you read the pdf readme and chose the correct file. Only one was for "Apollo Lake" NUC - the other one was for core i7 ... which the Asrock J4205 is for sure not. I am running ASRock J4205 with Denon X1300W.
Quote:[ 1.140049] [drm:drm_dp_read_desc [drm_kms_helper]] DP branch: OUI 00-60-ad dev-ID MC2800 HW-rev 2.2 SW-rev 1.72 quirks 0x0000
Both files are stitched with the same result.
(2017-11-04, 17:28)bobrik73 Wrote: Both files are stitched with the same result.

So then - try a Milhouse nightly as Live USB version. Perhaps on windows it only works in combination with yet another semi working intel driver blob ...
http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/mast...de54b9.tar 1.7.2 firmware : 4K- No, HD Passthrough - No
firmware 1.66 - OK
(2017-11-04, 17:53)bobrik73 Wrote: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/mast...de54b9.tar 1.7.2 firmware : 4K- No, HD Passthrough - No
firmware 1.66 - OK

Then: Downgrade for you.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9