• 39(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
Ah sry, thought it has something to do with the DP converter too or only

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
i got contact with one Smile we will see what happen
(2017-01-12, 22:41)piotrasd Wrote: i got contact with one Smile we will see what happen

You shall not PM intel kernel maintainers ;-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
not this time Smile
Hi,

and we need the HDMI-CEC via the Megachips.

CU
9000h
*chuckles* This is my most popular thread on here by a country mile
So updating my info about J3455-ITX

Yesterday I have updated the vga drivers with intel driver update utility but the problems remains.
720p runs, 1080p I get lots of frames losts, 4k videos the apps crash after some seconds. Same results using vlc, kodi and mpc-hc. I suppose this is not normal.

So frustated, I was happy with Asrock Q1900itx, 1080p look stunning but now that I have a 4k TV decided to upgrade the board and the result is this.

I will try to return the board but don`t know if I should get another J3455. HELPPPPPPPP
No such issues on linux? Can you check? To rule out bad memory or sth.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-01-13, 10:49)fritsch Wrote: No such issues on linux? Can you check? To rule out bad memory or sth.
Today I will run memtest to check if it`s a memory problem.
(2017-01-13, 10:36)Valter84 Wrote: So updating my info about J3455-ITX

Yesterday I have updated the vga drivers with intel driver update utility but the problems remains.
720p runs, 1080p I get lots of frames losts, 4k videos the apps crash after some seconds. Same results using vlc, kodi and mpc-hc. I suppose this is not normal.

So frustated, I was happy with Asrock Q1900itx, 1080p look stunning but now that I have a 4k TV decided to upgrade the board and the result is this.

I will try to return the board but don`t know if I should get another J3455. HELPPPPPPPP

I would test as Fritch recommends with LE , download the image from piotrasd https://www.sendspace.com/file/s5a5ua and test.

Installation takes 5 min and you can run it from USB stick (install on usb) without changing anything else.
(2017-01-13, 11:57)Dr.Feelgood Wrote: I would test as Fritch recommends with LE , download the image from piotrasd https://www.sendspace.com/file/s5a5ua and test.

Installation takes 5 min and you can run it from USB stick (install on usb) without changing anything else.

Thank you.
I also found this one to test the memory: http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/SystemRescueCd_Homepage
I will try it tonight.
(2017-01-13, 00:11)9000h Wrote: Hi,

and we need the HDMI-CEC via the Megachips.

CU
9000h

so do something Tongue what i read in spec from NUC there are two methood of control CEC

Quote:The board contains two mutually-exclusive methods for controlling HDMI CEC devices:
– External CEC adaptor connected via CEC connector (item L in Figure 13; pinout in Table 18)
– Onboard CEC control from the embedded controller via HDMI cable and BIOS setup.
Expected behavior is provided in Table 10 below"

first case - we dont have pins Tongue
second im not sure but intel NUC has in BIOS settings from CEC we not.

and that from drm kernel

Quote:Other user controllable features that may be available in the adaptors
are downstream i2c bus speed control when using i2c-over-aux, and
some control over the CEC pin. I chose not to provide any helper
functions for those since I have no use for them
(2017-01-13, 11:00)Valter84 Wrote: Today I will run memtest to check if it`s a memory problem.

That was the first thing to do with all due respect... I suggest old-fashioned Memtest86.com. The latest EFI version works well on my J4205 sister board.
First review of the Apollo Lake based Intel NUC6CAYH is up:
http://nucblog.net/2017/01/apollo-lake-n...yh-review/
Just to let you know that everything is working properly.
No problem in the board or in the memory.

The problem like most of the times was between the chair and the htpc lol.

So, 720p and 1080p didn`t look fine because it was the htpc that was doing the upscale instead of the the tv. I had the resolution of the htpc @ 4k. After setting in kodi the resolution to 1080p, everything look perfect!
4k files were crashing because the only file I had was in external hard drive usb 2.0. I copy the file to the ssd and it was amazing.
Tried some 4k demo files and all worked. (Didn`t the hdr to see if it shows properly on my tv).

Now I am happy but not 100%, yesterday I have installed kodi 17 rc3 and configured "Adjust Refreshrate to match video on start / stop" but didn`t work properly, even @ 720p files it was changing the resolution to 4k instead of staying @ 1080p (the resolution I have set on Kodi). Let`s hope they fix it.

Thanks for all your help and answers!
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9