• 12(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
Within the nex view days I will get J3455-ITX and Kingston DDR3 1600 Dual Channel, I am curious how this will work. Will be the MediaPlayer for a friend.
(2016-11-18, 17:02)Gussie Wrote:
(2016-11-13, 19:13)flyingernst Wrote: CT51264BF186DJ yes, german Amazon. It is the only ddr1866 with 4gb available if I remember correctly. Have it in dual channel Mode. When I disconnect it from energy and boot it the First time it reboots twice to BIOS Screen before booting into the OS. After that Moment it always Works normal and stable. But that started my doubts.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Same for me - just built a J4205-ITX with two CT51264BF186DJ sticks and it strangely boots twice from cold power on.

Hope ASRock sort this!

It does boot twice from cold, that's apparently how it works.
Anybody succesfully got to boot openelec or libreelec from USB with it?

I can't figure out the correct settings. Windows and Ubuntu work fine.
I just Finished setting my System up based on an ASRock J4205-ITX Apollo Lake Board.

Running latest libreelec based on Krypton and also latest KODi beta on Windows 10 with dualboot

I have the same hd Sound pass through issues but encoding seems to be better on Windows 10 when it comes to 4k Videos.
.with libre elec everything h265 based seems to be cpu rendered.
Win 10 KODi plays the videos properly
What are your UEFI settings?
Secureboot, CSM, etc.
Now I need help. On my friend J3455-ITX I want to install now my usal Dualboot setup with LibreElec/Win10. My usal way is

1) Install LibreElec - done
2) Boot gparted live and smaller the partition - sucks since there are to old drivers on the stick, so it interupts booting
3) Install Win 10
4) use easyBCD to create a boot menu

Any Ideas how to get smaller the partition? Is there any live-linux to do that?
(2016-11-19, 20:04)flyingernst Wrote: Now I need help. On my friend J3455-ITX I want to install now my usal Dualboot setup with LibreElec/Win10. My usal way is

2) Boot gparted live and smaller the partition - sucks since there are to old drivers on the stick, so it interupts booting
3) Install Win 10

Hi!

I had the same challange.
Just Download Ubuntu 16.10 and create a usb live Boot Stick out of the Image.
But boot from usb2 Ports

Gparted is Part of the Ubuntu Image and pre installed.
(2016-11-19, 17:54)Bonovski Wrote: What are your UEFI settings?
Secureboot, CSM, etc.

I will check it and Post a bit later.
(2016-11-19, 20:07)c_future Wrote:
(2016-11-19, 20:04)flyingernst Wrote: Now I need help. On my friend J3455-ITX I want to install now my usal Dualboot setup with LibreElec/Win10. My usal way is

3) Install Win 10

Hi!

I had the same challange.
Just Download Ubuntu 16.10 and create a usb live Boot Stick out of the Image.
But boot from usb2 Ports

Gparted is Part of the Ubuntu Image and pre installed.

USB2? Will try that, so far only used the front USB3 ports
Can't get it to boot.
Takes forever to get from the boot prompt (where I select live) to the openelec splash screen and then it says that xorg failed (is your gpu supported).
So... Step by Step:

Get the latest libre elec built, Not stable (Kernel - chipset Support)

BIOS - Set temporary to csm compatiblity Boot Mode

Install libre elec from usb

Boot Ubuntu 16.10 from usb and shrink partition with gparted

Install Windows 10
Did work with Ubuntu 16.10. for easybcd it is important to say that libreelec and Windows get Installed with csm turned on (Legacy) and you should always be sure that you Boot USB and harddisk (BIOS settings) Not in uefi Mode.
edit: Is there a way to hide my windows partitions when System is booted to LibreElec? I dont want to see them in the FileList

Dual Boot works fine. Since I installed it on a friends PC, I switched to that on my own now too. In both installations inside Win10 4K, HD Audio, 3D worked. I installed all the Asrock drivers (inf/serial/Lan/VGA), after that win10 Update until it is on the latest release.
HD audio confirmed on AVR on only in logs in Kodi ?
Win10! ;-) as before too. Confirmed in AVR

Ah, with both Installation I mean both PCs i configurated.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
For owners other maniboard/devices like Asrock J3455-ITX please install this build and send me dmesg
dmesg | pastebinit

I created ticket for resolve HD passthrough audio on Apollo/Kaby Lake on linux
https://www.sendspace.com/file/4xjfvk

PS. please add info about devices/mainboard model. THX
Evening all,

I recently ordered the J4205-ITX (from Germany as it's not being sold here in the UK). I installed Windows 10 on it without problem; however, when I install the supplied Intel HD Graphics driver I encounter a problem. The driver installs successfully but when the computer is restarted it now fails to boot into Windows at all. Did anyone else have this problem or can advise as to a solution? I have tried re-installing Windows but with no success; I also tried manually installing the driver through Device Manager with no luck either. Sincere thanks to anyone who can help as I am struggling to find a solution!
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9