• 64(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-02-14, 20:30)rewsteruk Wrote: I have reported the J4205-ITX HDMI 2.0 issue with HD audio and 3D MVC to ASRock. They have responded and say they are looking into it, it looks like they have accessed the J4205-ITX build page on my blog and probably this forum as I linked to it in the email.

https://rewster.uk/2016/11/21/asrock-j42...nas-build/
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2458236

I have put the correspondence with ASRock on my blog and will report any updates here.

I did try the 1.20D beta bios that had description of 'Modify vBIOS setting for HDMI display', did not seem to do anything I could notice.

Asked for an update today and got a pretty lame response after 2 weeks:

Quote:From ASRock:

This issue has reported to RD team and they are checking with chip vendor.

Because we do not have the same configuration, we could only ask vendor if they have got the similar case from other customer.

I will apply some more pressure…

I have responded to them on my blog .
(2017-03-02, 10:02)mule1 Wrote: If using the hdmi 1.4 port (via DVI adapter) or the hdmi 2.0 port connected to a HDMI 1.4 device then passthrough is working fine. But the main reason for buying these new boards/NUCs is to use it for 4k with refreshrates higher than 30Hz and therefore the HDMI 2.0 port has to be connected to a HDMI 2.0 device and then the Troubles begin. Without using the HDMI 2.0 port its better to buy one of the older generation based boards/NUCs which are cheaper and have been proofed to work nearly flawless in the past.

Or you can run a second dvi to HDMI connection to your receiver and get 4k 60Hz with HD audio. But if you do not have a receiver this will not work.
That is a workaround for the ASROCK boards, but not for the Apollo Lake based Intel NUCs which have a VGA port instead of the HDMI 1.4 port.

On the upcoming weekend I will test a KabyLake based NUC with a USB-C to HDMI2.0 converter which has been reported to work correctly under windows. Lets see if this is true and if it also works under Linux and maybe even with 3D MVC material.
(2017-03-02, 17:15)raidflex Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 10:02)mule1 Wrote: If using the hdmi 1.4 port (via DVI adapter) or the hdmi 2.0 port connected to a HDMI 1.4 device then passthrough is working fine. But the main reason for buying these new boards/NUCs is to use it for 4k with refreshrates higher than 30Hz and therefore the HDMI 2.0 port has to be connected to a HDMI 2.0 device and then the Troubles begin. Without using the HDMI 2.0 port its better to buy one of the older generation based boards/NUCs which are cheaper and have been proofed to work nearly flawless in the past.

Or you can run a second dvi to HDMI connection to your receiver and get 4k 60Hz with HD audio. But if you do not have a receiver this will not work.

You doing this in linux or windows. I got extremly poor performance in windows when I tried this, as well as some audio corruption/lag.
Hello everybody!

I can confirm, that with MCDP2800 Firmware 1.61 HD Audio works on HDMI 2.0 port. I have the ASRock j4205 with BIOS 1.20D
3D hardware based does not work, I get a green screen with no audio.

Ironically my Onkyo A/V-receiver always shows up 4k resolution input when Kodi 17 ist started, even if I try to change the resolution in kodi. In Windows I set the resolution to 1080p, there it works.

I have one problem, that I didn't read until now: I get no picture in Windows when I set 2160p@60Hz. Onkyo shows 2160p@60Hz but my LG OLED TV don't get a picture. Does anyone of you have the same problem?

br
Jason
(2017-03-02, 21:20)honcho Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 17:15)raidflex Wrote:

You doing this in linux or windows. I got extremly poor performance in windows when I tried this, as well as some audio corruption/lag.

No issues on Libreelec, not sure about Windows though.
(2017-03-02, 22:20)raidflex Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 21:20)honcho Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 17:15)raidflex Wrote: Or you can run a second dvi to HDMI connection to your receiver and get 4k 60Hz with HD audio. But if you do not have a receiver this will not work.

No issues on Libreelec, not sure about Windows though.

windows....

*sigh*

(2017-03-02, 21:31)JasonLA Wrote: I can confirm, that with MCDP2800 Firmware 1.61 HD Audio works on HDMI 2.0 port.
To repeat it again: But not with 1080p/23,976Hz material (appr. 99% of all BDs on the market)
(2017-02-25, 23:28)fritsch Wrote: Yeah - was just curious that it really helps ...

Will upload another build tonight with mesa 17 and DRI3 by default. Latest and greatest, bumped without testing it - like in the good old open ELEC times ...

Edit: will end up here (uploading - and as germany is a 3rd world land when it comes to broadband - it will need another hour): http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/openelec/hevc10/dri3/ (231 MB)

hi there i have tried your build with DRI3 and my menus are still slightly sluggish im not sure if it isnt working on my nuc6cays as i see no difference without DRI3 enabled is there anything else i could try please any help from anybody would be great
thanks
(2017-03-03, 11:19)hillie1927 Wrote: hi there i have tried your build with DRI3 and my menus are still slightly sluggish im not sure if it isnt working on my nuc6cays as i see no difference without DRI3 enabled is there anything else i could try please any help from anybody would be great
thanks

Have you setup your GUI to run in 60Hz? Otherwise it will likely feel sluggish.
(2017-03-03, 12:20)Kenni Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 11:19)hillie1927 Wrote: hi there i have tried your build with DRI3 and my menus are still slightly sluggish im not sure if it isnt working on my nuc6cays as i see no difference without DRI3 enabled is there anything else i could try please any help from anybody would be great
thanks

Have you setup your GUI to run in 60Hz? Otherwise it will likely feel sluggish.

yes set up exactly the same as i have with my chromebox and menus on the chromebox are butter smooth but the nuc6cays are sluggish i have gone back to a build before the changes to dri2 and its still the same so it seems that is not the issue maybe a driver issue? not sure really dont understand it really the specs are better than the chromebox but menus navigation is not good.
I think it's unlikely to be a driver issue, as we are running exactly the same GPU and software. There's one difference in the hardware though, as I'm running the NUC6CAYH with two RAM-modules in dual-channel mode and you are running the NUC6CAYS, which I believe comes with only one RAM-module and hence runs in single-channel mode(?).

Have you checked with xrandr that the system in fact outputs 60Hz? And have you checked that the screen is also detecting the 60Hz correctly?

And have you installed the latest BIOS version?
(2017-03-03, 13:50)Kenni Wrote: I think it's unlikely to be a driver issue, as we are running exactly the same GPU and software. There's one difference in the hardware though, as I'm running the NUC6CAYH with two RAM-modules in dual-channel mode and you are running the NUC6CAYS, which I believe comes with only one RAM-module and hence runs in single-channel mode(?).

Have you checked with xrandr that the system in fact outputs 60Hz? And have you checked that the screen is also detecting the 60Hz correctly?

And have you installed the latest BIOS version?

yes latest Bios is installed
sorry to sound dumb but how do i go about checking with xrandr that the output is correct?
(2017-03-03, 00:55)mule1 Wrote:
(2017-03-02, 21:31)JasonLA Wrote: I can confirm, that with MCDP2800 Firmware 1.61 HD Audio works on HDMI 2.0 port.
To repeat it again: But not with 1080p/23,976Hz material (appr. 99% of all BDs on the market)
As I wrote: Everytime I start a full Screen Video (Kodi/mpchc) The Resolution turns to 2160p. So every Video is scaled up by Windows. So it works with 2160p/23,976Hz!
ok just googled and ran xrandr its say 60Hz so i guess its running at that and i have also installed 2 banks of 4gb ram and still operates the same
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9