• 89(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-06-19, 09:02)dexter98 Wrote: But to be honest, native port on hdmi1.4 (either directly on chipset or via DVI->hdmi) runs without issues. Currently running on windows but libreelec also ran fine. So up to 4k 30hz I still find Apollo lake nice platform. I watch only movies anyway, so I don't care about 4k 60hz at all.

Are you implying that using 1.4 and libreelec there are no audio passrhrough issues?
Wink 
(2017-06-18, 19:48)JasonLA Wrote: New BIOS
Quote:1.20H Improve TV card compatibly.

"TV card" compatibility? WTF?!?
(2017-06-19, 09:02)dexter98 Wrote: But to be honest, native port on hdmi1.4 (either directly on chipset or via DVI->hdmi) runs without issues. Currently running on windows but libreelec also ran fine. So up to 4k 30hz I still find Apollo lake nice platform. I watch only movies anyway, so I don't care about 4k 60hz at all.

Are you implying that using 1.4 and libreelec there are no audio passrhrough issues?
(2017-06-19, 15:43)dogzipp Wrote:

Have been using the 1.4 port for audio pass through for 6 months now without issues. DTS-MA and TrueHD audio works great, no sync issues either with using the 2.0 port for my JS8500 for video.
(2017-06-19, 16:53)raidflex Wrote: Have been using the 1.4 port for audio pass through for 6 months now without issues. DTS-MA and TrueHD audio works great, no sync issues either with using the 2.0 port for my JS8500 for video.

Indeed.

I have the asrock j3455b (note the b) board without the dreaded dp-hdmi converter and there pass-through runs without issues up to latest DTS-X and Dolby ATMOS, even on combination with 3d full HD output (hw decoded btw).

I also tested it months ago with libreelec on an asrock J3455 board with a DVI to hdmi cable to circumvent the dp-hdmi converter and couldn't directly see issues. Played dtsx And ATMOS without issues for as far as I remember. Obviously no 3d playback though.

Only issue I encounter is when I enable set framerate in kodi. Then on some movies I have serious av sync issues, but that seems to be related to the special mvc build I'm using.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
I'm using 3455 with libreelec 8.0.0. With a simple DVI - HDMI cable I can get passthrough except for DTS X which shows HD Master when I press 'O'. Anyone can help me with that?
(2017-06-19, 23:22)dexter98 Wrote:
(2017-06-19, 16:53)raidflex Wrote: Have been using the 1.4 port for audio pass through for 6 months now without issues. DTS-MA and TrueHD audio works great, no sync issues either with using the 2.0 port for my JS8500 for video.

Indeed.

I have the asrock j3455b (note the b) board without the dreaded dp-hdmi converter and there pass-through runs without issues up to latest DTS-X and Dolby ATMOS, even on combination with 3d full HD output (hw decoded btw).

I also tested it months ago with libreelec on an asrock J3455 board with a DVI to hdmi cable to circumvent the dp-hdmi converter and couldn't directly see issues. Played dtsx And ATMOS without issues for as far as I remember. Obviously no 3d playback though.

Only issue I encounter is when I enable set framerate in kodi. Then on some movies I have serious av sync issues, but that seems to be related to the special mvc build I'm using.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 (typie typie)

Is the asrock j3455b outputting UHD HDR? I cannot find any information about the board capability to ouput HDR

Thanks.
I think it's been mentioned in this thread about 200 times it doesn't work in kodi.
(2017-06-20, 16:03)honcho Wrote: I think it's been mentioned in this thread about 200 times it doesn't work in kodi.

Thanks my question is if the board is capable of ouputting UHD HDR or not, never mind Kodi.
(2017-06-20, 20:43)ragico Wrote:
(2017-06-20, 16:03)honcho Wrote: I think it's been mentioned in this thread about 200 times it doesn't work in kodi.

Thanks my question is if the board is capable of ouputting UHD HDR or not, never mind Kodi.

in windows, yes i can with powerdvd 17. But not from a uhd disc.
Thank you.
Is HDR in the pipeline for Kodi?
Yes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
OK I have read through all of this thread, some I understood and some not so much!

I currently have a first generation NUC running librelec which has been rock solid but its time to move on as I now have a 4k screen and amp. Would like to stick with a NUC and with funds tight am looking at the NUC6CAYS J3455 as it comes with 2GB ram and some built in storage (32GB) along with a Win 10 license.

Looking at this thread seems with all the latest updates from Intel I should be able to use Kodi in windows 10 (nor librelec unfortunately due to pass through issue) to pretty much stream all 4K files and all HD audio including atmos and dts x without a problem? The only thing off the table is HDR which is a shame but might follow later if supported by the kodi team.

Can someone just confirm this is the case and no need to upgrade the new NUC just to use Kodi in Windows? I'm assuming somehow I can boot straight into Kodi once everything is setup to keep it wife friendly!
AFAIK you got everything right.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9