• 98(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2017-09-06, 22:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2017-09-06, 21:04)Nekromantik Wrote: Are all your builds now using that patch or just that one?

Just that one.

ok thanks
Finally: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98797#c118

On my testing run :-)

Edit: Verified it working, including DTS-HD, DTS-X, TrueHD.
Fun-Fact: It really "only" was the signalling ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-09-19, 17:27)fritsch Wrote: Finally: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98797#c118

On my testing run :-)

Edit: Verified it working, including DTS-HD, DTS-X, TrueHD.

OMG!!!! Great news!!!
you will make one image of libreelec?

Please that would be great.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Milhouse will do - chatting with him in team channel right now.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Amazing. I am preparing for testing :-)

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk
Escalade has this fix in his Libreelec Community build and seems to be working so far on my J4205-ITX on a few test files.
Hi im compiled LibreELEC 8.2 Pre-release with HD Audio Fix

4K, 8/10bit, HEVC/H264, DTS-HD, TrueHD working on ASRock J3455-ITX HDMI2.0
If that build uses 4.11 kernel it won't work - so did you test it?
(2017-09-20, 10:20)fritsch Wrote: If that build uses 4.11 kernel it won't work - so did you test it?

i tested it working with 4.11.12 kernel
(2017-09-20, 10:22)czombos Wrote:
(2017-09-20, 10:20)fritsch Wrote: If that build uses 4.11 kernel it won't work - so did you test it?

i tested it working with 4.11.12 kernel

I confirm this. I tested a 8.2 build by Milhouse and DTS-X / DTS-HDMA / TrueHD / EAC3 / DTS / AC3 all working. I did not test in combination with "Adjust Refreshrate" as it seems - my personal AVR - has some issues after this switch happens.
Nice, that will make people happy.
Thanks @fritsch.

I would recommend everyone (edit: that uses LibreELEC!) tests with this LibreELEC 8.2 beta build:

http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/stab...153419.tar

This includes the latest v2 HBR and ELD patches from Intel.

If people experience problems with passthrough HBR audio then they should report their Kodi player video and audio configuration, their AVR make/model, and whether they are using the default or custom EDID.

Try disabling "Adjust refresh rate to display" if you experience mixed up channels, or non-working audio

Obviously the results so far have not been unanimous, and we need to understand why that is.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-09-20, 16:38)Milhouse Wrote: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/stab...153419.tar

If people experience problems with passthrough HBR audio then they should report their Kodi player video and audio configuration, their AVR make/model, and whether they are using the default or custom EDID.

Try disabling "Adjust refresh rate to display" if you experience mixed up channels, or non-working audio

I've installed the build linked above on a NUC6CAYH connected to a Marantz SR6010 AVR. No custom EDID. HBR formats work fine if I disable the "Adjust refresh rate to display" option. If I put that to either "Always" or "On start/stop" then I get no sound (and the AVR reports the signal as Unknown).

Marantz is basically Denon in different packaging, you mentioned earlier something about Denon AVRs, no?
(2017-09-20, 17:52)trsqr Wrote:
(2017-09-20, 16:38)Milhouse Wrote: http://milhouse.libreelec.tv/builds/stab...153419.tar

I've installed the build linked above on a NUC6CAYH connected to a Marantz SR6010 AVR. No custom EDID. HBR formats work fine if I disable the "Adjust refresh rate to display" option. If I put that to either "Always" or "On start/stop" then I get no sound (and the AVR reports the signal as Unknown).

Marantz is basically Denon in different packaging, you mentioned earlier something about Denon AVRs, no?

Side note: If you switch before-hand playback manually via the kodi gui it works and then start the movie, it works, right?
(2017-09-20, 18:19)fritsch Wrote: Side note: If you switch before-hand playback manually via the kodi gui it works and then start the movie, it works, right?

No, not really. I changed the UI refresh rate to 24p and rebooted. Adjust refresh rate was disabled.

After reboot UI sounds work ok, but playing a movie gave me no sound. I went back to the menus and kept the movie playing. Now changing the UI refresh rate to 50 Hz immediately started the audio playback and the AVR was telling me it received Dolby TrueHD signal.

I did a bit more fiddling with the refresh rate. 30Hz and less were not functional. Everything above that gave me working passthrough.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9