• 104(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
<offtopic>
I am currently in contact with Denon itself. I am in fact not very pleased with my X1300W anymore. Every second or third time when switch refreshrate it looses audio completely, tells me "Unknown signal", sometimes when playing multichannel it looses the center and the rears, input info tells: FL / FR. Checking with speaker-test brings the LFE to RR and such non sense. Only a full reboot of the AVR helps to solve this.
</offtopic>
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
From Asrock:

Quote:Hello,

got feedback from BIOS department.

After checking with Megachip, there is no HDMI FW update tool for Linux OS.
The only way is updating under Windows OS environment.
Or users can send to RMA center update HDMI firmware.
Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

ASRock Support

ASRock Europe B.V.
Bijsterhuizen 1111
6546 AR Nijmegen
The Netherlands
www.asrock.com
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-09-22, 14:37)Ach!lles Wrote: @fritsch Yes I have been using HD Audio bitstreaming on this AVR since 2011. I have used it daily since then with Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD HR/MA.

I have 6 NUCs which work with my Denon AVR-4311:
NUC D54250WYK - Works under LE and Windows
NUC5PPYH - Works under LE and Windows
NUC5i7RYH - Works under LE and Windows
NUC6i7KYK - Works under Windows but not LE
NUC7i3BNK - Works under Windows but not LE
NUC7i7BNH - Works under Windows but not LE

The Denon also works with PS3/PS4/XB1 for HD Audio Bitstreaming. I can boot to Windows on these new NUCS with LSPCon and it works just fine. Same Panasonic Plasma and Denon AVR since 2011. Only variable has been acquiring the newer NUCs.
Use the HBR patch, this works. Just rebooted my system, no hardware acceleration anymore.
ps cannot send private message (Kodi Forum: "Acces Denied")
I block private messages - as I am not the personal support guy. For your issue: no Debug Log no issue
(2017-09-22, 18:15)fritsch Wrote: I block private messages - as I am not the personal support guy. For your issue: no Debug Log no issue

Was talking to Ach!lles, he sent me a message and i wasn't able to react. Got everything working here.
(2017-09-22, 22:51)_Alkaline Wrote:
(2017-09-22, 18:15)fritsch Wrote: I block private messages - as I am not the personal support guy. For your issue: no Debug Log no issue

Was talking to Ach!lles, he sent me a message and i wasn't able to react. Got everything working here.

That's good news. Thanks for clarifying!
@fritsch @Milhouse
I took my NUC6i7KYK, NUC7i3BNK and NUC7i7BNH across the street to my buddy's and connected it to his Marantz SR7008.

- The NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon failed to bitstream Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- The NUC7i3BNK and NUC7i7BNH successfully bitstreamed Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.
- All three NUCs were running the same LE9 build I was using to test last night. No settings were changed.
- On the NUC7s, refresh rate switching and HD audio passthrough worked flawlessly.

I am puzzled why my Denon has issues with these NUCs. Its only HDMI1.4b and I am wondering if that has something to do with it. I have no issues with older NUCs without LSPCon in the mix, nor do I have issues with any other STB box that is able to bitstream HD audio. I am still planning on installing Ubuntu with the patched kernel and using mpv to test.
(2017-09-22, 11:44)_Alkaline Wrote: Finally working NUC6CAYH;

Ubuntu 16.04 minimal install
Kernel 20-sept intel nightly (4.14.0-rc1)
Patched with HBR patch (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=134342)

(UBUNTU) Kernel 4.14.0-rc1 #2 SMP Thu Sep 21 14:44:09 CEST 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

With updated firmware (https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/firmware)
Latest MESA (Padoka unstable)

HDR 10Bit HEVC video working with all audio formats working at every framerate (23.97-60)

Setup:
- NUC6CAYH (With builtin converter DP1.2 --> HDMI 2.0) Latest Bios, lspcon firmware 1.66
- Hdmi splitter, hdmi2.0 strips dhcp2.2
- Harman Kardon AVR151S (hdmi 2.0, not hdcp2.2 compatible) connected to splitter
- Philips PUS6521 (connected to splitter)
Can you link me to the kernel you used? I am going to try both Kodi and PMP (mpv) to narrow down my problem
I checked this out with HDMI analyzer. ACR (N/CTS) is not set correctly for HBR audio. The values transmitted are for 48kHz (for my setup). It could be that this is what is throwing some AVRs off. I could see the error on the HDMI analyzer, but my Denon X6200W didn't seem to care.
(2017-09-23, 07:48)wesk05 Wrote: I checked this out with HDMI analyzer. ACR (N/CTS) is not set correctly for HBR audio. The values transmitted are for 48kHz (for my setup). It could be that this is what is throwing some AVRs off. I could see the error on the HDMI analyzer, but my Denon X6200W didn't seem to care.

My Denon AVR-4311ci can't successfully negotiate a HDMI handshake--but with the same NUC7s they work just fine with a Marantz SR7008. What should the value be? Maybe post your findings here:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=98797
@wesk05, @Ach!lles - please open a new bug on bugzilla. Add the guys that did the patches for the old bug. Provide all the information you can, including drm.debug=0xe and your N/CTS values please.

Afterwards please link this new bug report in here. Let's NOT spam that new bugreport as it happened with the old one, which got heavily on the nerves of the intel devs.
(2017-09-23, 07:54)fritsch Wrote: @wesk05, @Ach!lles - please open a new bug on bugzilla. Add the guys that did the patches for the old bug. Provide all the information you can, including drm.debug=0xe and your N/CTS values please.

Afterwards please link this new bug report in here. Let's NOT spam that new bugreport as it happened with the old one, which got heavily on the nerves of the intel devs.

You got it.
(2017-09-23, 07:54)fritsch Wrote: @wesk05, @Ach!lles - please open a new bug on bugzilla. Add the guys that did the patches for the old bug. Provide all the information you can, including drm.debug=0xe and your N/CTS values please.

N/CTS is based off the TMDS clock, but for HBR audio it should be whatever they are for 192kHz since the ACR fs is 1/4 of frame rate above 192kHz.

These are the recommended values from HDMI 2.0 specs.

I will delete the image in a few days. Any one interested in it may want to save a copy Wink
(2017-09-23, 08:05)wesk05 Wrote:

N/CTS is based off the TMDS clock, but for HBR audio it should be whatever they are for 192kHz since the ACR fs is 1/4 of frame rate above 192kHz.

Please organize a well written bugreport together with Achilles. Please use a drm-intel-nightly with the HBR patches, Milhouse might be able to help you build such an image. I am off for travelling, starting in 20 minutes, therefore cannot help / provide suche an image. With those results, let's create a new bug report. Add Jani and Suresh.
No time today - off visiting family. @piotrasd used to build LE based on drm-next/drm-intel kernels so might be another source. Otherwise I can see what is involved on Sunday.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9