• 118(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
@fritsch Thank you very much for posting the xorg.conf to get a 2160p@60Hz resolution. Unfortunately I can't get it working with any LE version or Milhouse build - I copy your xorg.conf file to the configfiles via SMB and reboot but still I can only select 30Hz when I am setting the resolution to 3840 × 2160. My display is a Sony KD65X8505 and my board is a ASRock J3455.

May I ask if you could tell what exact LE build I should use to get it working in combination with your xorg.conf or if I have to consider anything else?

@guandms Could you tell me what you did exactly to get it working and which build you are using?

Thanks!
Read the specs for your display. It only does 30p at 3840 × 2160.
I'm a Windows user. Please help to install LibreELEC.
How to install LibreELEC?
(2018-02-08, 05:44)DenisDA Wrote: I'm a Windows user. Please help to install LibreELEC.
How to install LibreELEC?

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/installation
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Dear All,

After longer break, I just wanted to let you all know that I got Apollo Lake set-up decently running on Ubuntu 17.10 (running Wayland), with HW acceleration for all formats, including 4K/HEVC/X265 playback and HD Audio Passthrough (such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD)

H/W setup
J3455-ITX (BIOS 1.30)
HDMI (LSPCON) FW: 1.66

OS setup
Ubuntu 17.10, running Wayland
Kernel 4.15.0-997-generic (current from drm-intel-next branch) 
ALSA-enabled (https://kodi.wiki/view/PulseAudio/HOW-TO...for_Ubuntu)
Recent vaapi patches, installed from wsnipex's vaapi ppa (https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/ubuntu/vaapi)

Kodi setup
Installed kodi-wayland (!) 18.0 Leia from Nightly PPA

Hope this helps someone - I spent substantial amount of time, looking for setup like this.

Thanks for all your great work on Kodi!
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...dows-15-65-

Intel 23.20.16.4944 driver.
Hello,
i'm trying to get Lebreelec upand running on an Asrock J4205-itx Board, withany Linux based build thescreen is freezing shortly after boot.
A Installation under Windows works, so i think it is no hardware defect.
Has anyone working Bios Settings for this board? The DP to HDMI Konverter is updated to V1.72, Bios from Board is 1.40.

Regards

Karsten
(2018-02-15, 19:24)KarstenL680 Wrote: Hello,
i'm trying to get Lebreelec upand running on an Asrock J4205-itx Board, withany Linux based build thescreen is freezing shortly after boot.
A Installation under Windows works, so i think it is no hardware defect.
Has anyone working Bios Settings for this board? The DP to HDMI Konverter is updated to V1.72, Bios from Board is 1.40.

Regards

Karsten
I was running it for tests - worked fine. I used UEFI mode.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Till now no chance, system is freezing the screen, it would be nice to get information which libreelec build works and what bios settings used.
Is there any Libreelec, Openelec, whatever build which runs out of the box without spending hours of frustrating try and errors?

Regards

Karsten
With hdmi 1.72 I have no choice of HD Audio bitstream over hdmi 2.0. Switched back to 1.66. but I am using adapter anyway since I have a color space error with Kodi 18 or/and no HD audio with Kodi 17 (Librelec versions)

Installation worked fine, but I used legacy mode
Do you say: Your color errors "go away" when you use the Adapter? Funny, as such an adapter does change absolutely nothing from kodi pov.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Smile 
Hi All,
good news, got at up and running now, i had to do the HDMI (LSPCON) update 1.72 again, now Libreelec 8.2.3 is up and running.

I tryed a Windows Installation, working fine so far but no HD Audio Formats, this was the information i needed.
Doing the 1.72 Update again Kodi under Windows was playing HD Audio Formats.

I'm keeping the Windows Installation now on a differend small SSD.
I have installed now Libreelec 8.2.3 on a different small SSD now it is working as expected, including HD Audio Formats and no freezes anymore.

So if Libreelec Image is freezing the GUI it is possible that the HDMI (LSPCON) 1.72 Update has to be done agan.

Mainboard Asrock J4205-ITX, Board Bios 1.40, HDMI (LSPCON) FW: 1.72, Libreelec 8.2.3MR.

Regards
(2018-02-16, 19:13)fritsch Wrote: Do you say: Your color errors "go away" when you use the Adapter? Funny, as such an adapter does change absolutely nothing from kodi pov.
 Some active DP->HDMI converters will do a conversion between RGB and YCbCr colour-space - which can be useful if you have issues on a display with one of the two spaces over HDMI. (Some displays don't play nicely with RGB)
Again Trouble, than i switched back to LSPCON 1.66, this was working for a few hours, but after two reboots the trouble starts again.
The LSPCON thinks making me crazy, i will now through out this mainboard, it is not usable under Linux for longer time.
I run mine with a X1300W Denon + 4k Samsung TV for over 12 months now on a daily basis used by my family. Since 1.66 FW is out everything is really fine. I also upgraded to 1.72. I use kernel 4.15.3 (so even mainline support now).
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9