Apple TV 4 Kodi 17 Works but cant install Backup
Hello I have succesfully installed the KODI 17 to my Apple TV 4

All works fine..

I Use my PVR manager and some other Addons.
When I make a backup of it all looks fine.

But the userdata / addon_data / pvr.iptvsimple Folder is empty.

Also some other folders. Looks like de doenst backup any .xml files.

When I delete my Kodi now and install the Backup I made 10 mins ago then my PVR Manager is not installed.. I have to type in all the Date by this shit Remote that is included.
Is there any other backup tool or em I doing something wrong ?
xml files are handled special on atv4 (we only have 500 kb of persistant space on that box and those 500kb can't be accessed via normal file management tools) and you won't make it work via normal backup tools.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I am not a coder, I dont understand really, what does that mean ? To Make backups and restore them is not possible on ATV4 ?
Why is there only 500kb of persistant space ? this is nothing ? my backup was 300 Mb big.. This was complete installed. Only the settings of some addons wasnt installed with the backup..

Apple should fix that, otherwise the Device is not so good and I might sell it. Fire TV 4K is much better I think and faster..
I deinstalled the Kodi 17 Test build fromo April / 2016 and installed the Release Alpha 1 from Dez 2015 I can insert my M3U data Link to the Pvr manager Simple Client and it works.. When I Close kodi and start it again, it will not start anymore. Only deinstallation works.. What is here going wrong ? Does the Pvr manager not work in this version ?
It's not advisable to use older builds...

And also, the build from December is not Alpha... it's pre-alpha...

None of these builds for the Apple TV are guaranteed to be 100% functional or stable...

They may mess up your library, release the magic smoke in your Apple TV, cause an apocalypse, change the weather, bring down terror on us all, or any manner of bad things
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
They may mess up your library, release the magic smoke in your Apple TV, cause an apocalypse, change the weather, bring down terror on us all, or any manner of bad things
I have had that with mine.
I installed the newest Version 17 from April 2016 and it works now.. The PVR also works.. But making backups and install them again is not working so good..
Anybody who found a solution to this..? if I can't use my Mac Kodi user on the Apple TV its not that inviting to start from scratch in Kodi again..
have you managed to get any builds working ok?
If so which one please
Any movement on this guys? Or even backing up Kodi 16?
I spent a serious amount of time on setting up kodi on the ATV4 and am getting nervous about the prospect of having to start from the start again should it all go belly up!
Cheers
(2016-05-17, 13:52)mogatron2000 Wrote: Any movement on this guys? Or even backing up Kodi 16?
I spent a serious amount of time on setting up kodi on the ATV4 and am getting nervous about the prospect of having to start from the start again should it all go belly up!
Cheers

It's not quite what you're looking for but Xcode can make a backup of the application settings that you can restore if you end up breaking Kodi

on the devices window you can select Kodi and then click the gear and Download Container...

See this for more information
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
I'll look into it.
Legend...Thanks so much!
any new backup tool which works better then the stock " backup " addon ?
'When I install backups into my apple TVs 4 then the settings are not copied and installed !!

I am still looking for a faster solution to install my backup on other apple tv 4
(2016-08-26, 11:36)delaware Wrote: any new backup tool which works better then the stock " backup " addon ?
'When I install backups into my apple TVs 4 then the settings are not copied and installed !!

I am still looking for a faster solution to install my backup on other apple tv 4

Use the the Xcode container backup / restore

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4 Kodi 17 Works but cant install Backup0