Why is the Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds thread closed?
brazen1 singlehandedly killed a major feature lots of people were looking forward to.

The feels.

Sent from my iPhone
Thank heavens for raspberry pi then.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So is there a chance to get newer build with 3D support or is this dead officially?
It was never official anyway, it was one developer's work outside the usual kodi dev program. SO now he has said "no more", it is dead until someone else takes up the kudgels.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-04-27, 10:44)nickr Wrote: Thank heavens for raspberry pi then.

Isn't the Pi missing lossless audio support?
I haven't tried it yet, but I asked Popcornmix the same question recently and his answer was.......

Popcornmix Wrote:Yes, Pi can decode DTS-HD and TrueHD losslessly and output 8 channel PCM audio.
You want passthrough disabled and "number of channels" set to 7.1.
(2016-04-28, 10:09)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote:
(2016-04-27, 10:44)nickr Wrote: Thank heavens for raspberry pi then.

Isn't the Pi missing lossless audio support?

hd audio is played fine as pcm, but you dont get atmos or dts x
(2016-04-27, 10:10)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: brazen1 singlehandedly killed a major feature lots of people were looking forward to.
I wouldn't be too hard on @brazen1. He let his frustrations get the better of him w/choice of words for which he has already publicly apologized. Also, with all due respect to @afedchin, closing a thread with so many users and followers (most of whom did tests, provided samples, and posted debug logs), wasn't right either. It's somewhat of a slap in the face to the many who stood w/@afedchin. It has left a sour taste in my mouth as a staunch Kodi supporter.

(2016-04-28, 07:21)Caramba69 Wrote: So is there a chance to get newer build with 3D support or is this dead officially?
There have been newer builds since the dev thread closure, but no proper place to provide debug logs and have mature dev-centric discussion. I did start this thread in the h/w section, but focus there is more on h/w choices. And, I actually did that to help keep @afedchin's dev thread clean of non dev-specific chatter. Guess that didn't help prevent what happened.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
On behalf of myself and (everyone) @afedchin we do apologize for our behavior in the Dev 3D MVC Thread.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Would be nice to have the MVC functionality code folded into the mainline Win32 dev builds as it seems to be working very well for the most part.
My Family Room Theater
Maybe if we ask nicely @Martijn can get a newer build compiling for us again, if not maybe we'll have to try and figure out how to do that on our own, I know I had issues compiling openelec.. Maybe setting up a windows dev environment might be easier.. But I doubt it.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
OMG...

I was so happy before 30 min,
As I have seen the post.

and now i see that WIP is Closed.

sry for bad english
(2016-05-02, 14:06)rudizone Wrote: OMG...

I was so happy before 30 min,
As I have seen the post.

and now i see that WIP is Closed.

sry for bad english

Look in this thread for some old the old build...
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Talking about RPi2 and 3, even though it can't do ATMOS/X, I'm wondering if it's possible to have the decoded 7.1 multichannel upmixed to get some height speaker effects?
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-02, 17:33)hdmkv Wrote: Talking about RPi2 and 3, even though it can't do ATMOS/X, I'm wondering if it's possible to have the decoded 7.1 multichannel upmixed to get some height speaker effects?

If you use Dolby Surround Upmixer(DSU) and Neural X, you can get height speakers effects, works great but not like the actual ATMOS and DTS:X mix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is the Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds thread closed?4