TVHeadend 4.0 setup guide
(2016-08-15, 20:08)wurlizer1928 Wrote: Being a Linux ignoramus I do need a good step by step as so many things on linux are given missing a critical step. It is like a bomb disposal instruction which says, cut the red wire................ but not after cutting the blue wire.

Big Laugh there. It is just so true. Actually it's more like the official documentation says "cut the red wire" but buried 8 levels deep in some obscure forum someone says "... but not after cutting the blue wire"!

OnTopic: thanks for help in setting up TVH on an RPi 3. I am doing as much reading as I can due to the above. (not an observation on Kodi support, which I have found very good, but on setting up little boards/boxes in general...)
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
(2016-08-16, 03:38)clarkss12 Wrote: Since I am a complete noob with Linux, I created a "cheat sheet" for myself for mounting my NFS share on my Synology NAS. I am running my tvheadend server on my $30 MK808B Plus running LibreELEC (originally OpenELEC) and my recording destination is a directory on my older DS211j Synology NAS. Since my LibreELEC shows up in windows explorer on my Windows 7 machine, it makes it very to easy setup. I am constantly changing things, I use my "cheat sheet" to install tvheadend and it doesn't take me very long to get everything setup and working. Since all the LibreELEC files and folders show up under windows explorer, I only have to use Putty once or twice. Anyway, if interested, here is my "cheat sheet", obviously, you will have to use your own IP addresses of your NAS.

The easy way to mount NAS,
1. open windows explorer, go to openELEC in network directory
2. copy "autostart.sh" file into the root of configfiles directory.
3. go to system.d folder from Configfiles folder.
4. copy and paste storage-myrecordings.mount
5. copy and paste storage-recordings.mount

6. reboot OpenELEC box.
7. open putty and paste this into the root of OpenELEC.
systemctl >> systemctl enable storage-myrecordings.mount

8. Under the recording profile in the web browser use this for the recording path
/storage/myrecordings

all there is to it.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
all autostart.sh is, is a text file with this code.
mount -t nfs 192.168.1.74:/volume1/myrecordings /storage/myrecordings -o rw,nolock

echo 0 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/cec_config

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
all the storage-myrecordings.mount is, is a text file with this

[Unit]
Description=test nfs mount
Requires=network-online.service
After=network-online.service
Before=kodi.service
#Before=xbmc.service

[Mount]
#enter in the share and place it will mount to
What=192.168.1.74:/volume1/myrecordings
Where=/storage/myrecordings
Options=
Type=nfs

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Hello clarkss12
I am trying to setup my nas to store live tv recordings and following your 'cheat sheet' has helped, the only thing I cannot follow is step 5
5. copy and paste storage-recordings.mount
? Where do I copy the storage-recordings.mount file from
Thank you
Benrita, if I understand correctly, follow step 3. 3. go to system.d folder from Configfiles folder.

If you are using Windows, under your windows explorer, you should see your networked devices. You should see your LIBREELEC device. One of the sub directories is Configfiles, under that you will see the system.d directory, just copy your "mount" file that you created into that directory.

For the "mount" file, just create a simple text file, and copy and paste this info into the text file, then save it as "storage-myrecordings.mount".

[ [Unit]
Before=kodi.service
#Before=xbmc.service

[Mount]
Options=
Type=nfs

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target ]

into the text file you created. Then save the file with the name "storage-myrecordings", it will have a suffix of ".txt", change the suffix from .txt to ".mount".

Obviously, you will use the IP address and file location from your NAS.
(2017-07-03, 05:54)clarkss12 Wrote: Benrita, if I understand correctly, follow step 3. 3. go to system.d folder from Configfiles folder.

If you are using Windows, under your windows explorer, you should see your networked devices. You should see your LIBREELEC device. One of the sub directories is Configfiles, under that you will see the system.d directory, just copy your "mount" file that you created into that directory.

For the "mount" file, just create a simple text file, and copy and paste this info into the text file, then save it as "storage-myrecordings.mount".

[ [Unit]
Before=kodi.service
#Before=xbmc.service

[Mount]
Options=
Type=nfs

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target ]

into the text file you created. Then save the file with the name "storage-myrecordings", it will have a suffix of ".txt", change the suffix from .txt to ".mount".

Obviously, you will use the IP address and file location from your NAS.

Yes I understand that and have created and pasted the ' storage-myrecordings.mount' file, but where is the 'storage-recordings.mount' file that is mentioned in step 5. Or is this an error.
Thank you
Benrita, yes, you will NOT need both of those "mount" files, just use the one you created. If you look at "storage" on your device, if you have it setup correctly, you will "see" your mounted folders from your NAS. Just make sure you have a folder on your NAS that shows either "myrecordings" or "recordings", depending on which mount you are using. In other words, If you look under your Windows explorer, you will "see" your NAS, and under your NAS, you will see the folder you created, either "myrecordings" or "recordings".

Edit: I removed step 5, thanks for pointing it out.
(2017-07-04, 17:45)clarkss12 Wrote: Benrita, yes, you will NOT need both of those "mount" files, just use the one you created. If you look at "storage" on your device, if you have it setup correctly, you will "see" your mounted folders from your NAS. Just make sure you have a folder on your NAS that shows either "myrecordings" or "recordings", depending on which mount you are using. In other words, If you look under your Windows explorer, you will "see" your NAS, and under your NAS, you will see the folder you created, either "myrecordings" or "recordings".

Edit: I removed step 5, thanks for pointing it out.

Thank you
Benrita, did you get it working?
(2017-07-05, 18:05)clarkss12 Wrote: Benrita, did you get it working?

Haven't had a chance to try yet. I am away for work at the moment and probably won't get home until next Thursday 13th (If I'm lucky)
Will try then and report back.
Thanks for your help.
I have s905 tv Box(kii pro) with kszaq 8.0.2e latest build Libreelec installed on it.
Every plugin works. But I tried to setup tvheadend using this guide, now I am not able to login to the tvheadend website. And my htps client keep popping up server reach failed. I tried to uninstall and reinstall both tvheadend and htps client, but no use. I have tried all the possible username and password. It simply refuses to login. To my surprise I didn't setup a password during tvheadend setup. And I don't know how to reset it to default...

I am clueless and I am not that tech guy. Pls guide me in getting my internal tuner in Kii Pro with libreelec to work.

Thanks in advance. I don't know how to get the error log for tvheadend related problems also...
Under services do you see "Tvheadend 4.2 ........... libreelec.tv - 8.1.112", and did you configure it?
@plikmuny did you install tvheadend 4.2 from the libreelec repository?

Click on addons...install from repository...Libreelec repository...services...Tvheadend 4.2

Also - is your network connection setup? If you're trying to connect to the tvheadend web interface - your KII has to be on the network.

As an alternative - you can install my tvh2kodi addon and configure Tvheadend using the wizard. Download that addon here: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/9184-t...#post55310

You'll have to put that file on the KII - which you can do over the network or just put it on a flash drive. Then install it by selecting install from zip under the addons menu.

If you get it installed - just run the wizard and it will walk you through setting up tvheadend.
Current Kodi addon projects: zap2epg, sd4tvh and tvh2kodi (tvh config from inside Kodi)
Testing ATSC single and dual tuners on RPi3 and the occasional s905 box
If you like my work you can buy me a coffee!
(2017-07-05, 18:05)clarkss12 Wrote: Benrita, did you get it working?

Tried again, several times with no luck.
Have given up, but thanks for help.
(2016-04-23, 13:39)marathone Wrote:
(2016-04-20, 11:15)zag Wrote: One thing I would say is that TVheadend has a terrible setup procedure.

Its nice once its working, but damn that UI and initial workflow needs some improvement!

I'd suggest a setup wizard for new adapters.

Damn straight about that. I've had it installed before and it saw my hardware pvr, but damn if I could figure out how to get it working. I'll try with your guide very soon. Thanks for this work!
This is what got me through it. It's about an older version with a few less settings, but it helped me out a lot! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y-E4sQSb94
Just for information and in case it helps someone else; I found a " Pre-defined mux " issue when trying to tune to the UK West Midlands Malvern transmitter as follows ...

The Mux details in the " United Kingdom uk-Malvern " mux file are completely wrong ! I'm not sure which region or transmitter the're from but ( afer much faffing about ) I found that the correct mux details for the Malvern transmitter are in the Oxford file. So, for anyone looking to receive broadcasts from the UK West Midlands Malvern transmitter you can either remember to use the Oxford option when choosing your Pre-defined muxes or replace ( with elevated privileges ) the contents of the " uk-Malvern " file with the contents of " uk-Oxford " file. Good luck.
(2021-05-06, 20:31)JedOi Wrote: Just for information and in case it helps someone else; I found a " Pre-defined mux " issue when trying to tune to the UK West Midlands Malvern transmitter as follows ...

The Mux details in the " United Kingdom uk-Malvern " mux file are completely wrong ! I'm not sure which region or transmitter the're from but ( afer much faffing about ) I found that the correct mux details for the Malvern transmitter are in the Oxford file. So, for anyone looking to receive broadcasts from the UK West Midlands Malvern transmitter you can either remember to use the Oxford option when choosing your Pre-defined muxes or replace ( with elevated privileges ) the contents of the " uk-Malvern " file with the contents of " uk-Oxford " file. Good luck.

Useful to know.

Where are the mux files stored?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVHeadend 4.0 setup guide0