• 20(current)
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
Brownhouse... the script has had the plug pulled on it mate.... it doesnt work anymore... adding features now would bb pretty pointless...

Thanks again johnsto... wish I could help in someway to get it back on track....
hold up have you tried it recently. Mine works fine. I can download and watch the video content from iplayer fine, using the most recent script from your google downloads. For me it works fine. I've only changes one thing in the .py script and thats just to get the downloads to point to a different destination folder on my HD. "f:\\videos\iplayer\downloads"

Works fine poeple, for me!
Oh yes, turns out it is working fine after all. I have no idea what happened briefly!
see no probs how about the new feature it would be cool. Let me know if i can help in anyway. P.s. will be a couple of hours now before ican reply but feel free to post and i will reply later. Not sure why it went down but it been fine for me for 2day (last night i think or maybe thismorning.

Thanks for the wkd script. Also i can't get it to work as a plugin, are you working on this?

hope to be of help.
Giving up so easily people?
good to hear it's working again though..Big Grin
A meetup would be good at some point, maybe if johnsto and some other people from the community go in to the beeb and demo everything.
CubicGarden is the one to talk to.
Love the script btw johnsto!
paperclipmonkey Wrote:A meetup would be good at some point, maybe if johnsto and some other people from the community go in to the beeb and demo everything.
CubicGarden is the one to talk to.

Been there done that Smile

http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/news/archives...er_on.html
Aww wicked, well done!
And so why did you not investigate it when it stopped working last?
Were they not receptive?
paperclipmonkey Wrote:Aww wicked, well done!
And so why did you not investigate it when it stopped working last?
Were they not receptive?

I've had a lot on my plate the last week or so, and don't have an iPod Touch nor an iPhone to confirm whether my script is failing or the actual iPlayer website.
Great news.

Well done with he beeb meeting...very modest of you not to mention this in the thread before.

A low down by Johnsto of the BBC meeting (lots of people there - who were they all?) would be great. Any good news for the XBMC is great to see.

Cheers
sipart Wrote:A low down by Johnsto of the BBC meeting (lots of people there - who were they all?) would be great. Any good news for the XBMC is great to see.

It was Ian Forrester (cubicgarden) who arranged it all, and with Anthony Rose managed to discuss lots of things iPlayer and the script and their policy when it comes to rights-management and the requirements of the rights-holders. It was all terrific stuff!

Then after a snack and a little prep, 30 or so people gathered for the presentation in which I introduced the XBOX, XBMC, explained it's premise, and then demonstrated the iPlayer script itself, a bit about how it worked and how it came about. I can't name all the people in the room, but a bunch of them introduced themselves and asked questions afterwards which was pretty rewarding! There's lots of interest in this sort of stuff and making iPlayer (and other BBC services) accessible on as many devices as possible, which is good.

It was a great experience. Anthony was particularly open to suggestions for improving access to iPlayer, as were many other of the people in the presentation. Many were quite surprised about how good iPlayer MP4s look on a real TV!

It's important to remember iPlayer is still just a baby, and they were planning lots of improvements, which should in turn make third-party access to iPlayer nicer, tidier and less hacky (although they didn't mind the script's screen-scraping!) than it is right now Smile
Any thoughts on the features that i suggested?
brownhouse Wrote:Any thoughts on the features that i suggested?

While it would be a nice feature and a definite enhancement, I'm not sure if it's the direction the script should go in. I'm very much geared towards getting streaming working before it turns into a download manager!

That said, if you add it as a feature request on the 'Issues' page of the Google Code project page, you can be sure it won't be forgotten Smile
added as said, it came up as a "defect though" not an enhancement which i put as the summary, i'm sure you may be able to edit that (not sure) but look forward to new features including streaming.
thanks for the info on the visit, sounded cool.

after reading that I wondered why anyone on the dev team would have broke all your hard work....glad they didn't :-)
Well, sad fact is that it no longer works from my home PC where I do all my development, but still seems to work from my work PC. So making further improvements is going to be rather difficult.

Not sure what's caused that, but it'll keep me busy trying to find out!
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?7