• 19(current)
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?
* laptop - not xbox. sorry for typo. Wink
Rainbow 
johnsto Wrote:Is anyone encountering issues with the latest test release I've uploaded? Like UI images and so forth not appearing... it seems this might only affect the very latest SVN/T3CH release.

Just updated to the very latest. Yes I'm having UI issues. Can't see the options....I'm about to roll back to the previous release.
TheBoxMan Wrote:Just updated to the very latest. Yes I'm having UI issues. Can't see the options....I'm about to roll back to the previous release.

Can you plonk up a debug log please?
TheBoxMan Wrote:Could we have two xboxes running the server script and streaming from the *other* xbox? (that's to say while both scripts are running you're actually streaming from the second xbox?

Yep, that should work.
Has the site changed? tried 3 iPlayer versions on a few different builds and it fails everytime... MP4 not available?
Geeba Wrote:Has the site changed? tried 3 iPlayer versions on a few different builds and it fails everytime... MP4 not available?

The MP4 loophole has now been closed I'm afraid, so the script will no longer work.
It was great while it lasted SadSadSad
have they shut it down completly? Just ran your script and started downloading first thing in list from tues evening (64 zoo lane!!).

Played fine. So tried weds afternoon then got no joy - so some old mp4 progs still downloadable - get 'em while you can.
Geeesss this is a dam shame!!!!! all that work you put in johnsto!!! is there no way it can work again? Did anythink ever come from the offer of a meeting at the BBC? surly they would like as many people using iPlayer as possable??
Geeba Wrote:Geeesss this is a dam shame!!!!! all that work you put in johnsto!!! is there no way it can work again? Did anythink ever come from the offer of a meeting at the BBC? surly they would like as many people using iPlayer as possable??

We're hoping there'll be a nicer solution in the future. Making iPlayer accessible to as many devices as possible is the BBC's aim, but gotta keep the rights-holders happy too!

I'm hoping to get iPlayer on XBMC - with proper streaming - some day Smile
Rainbow 
johnsto Wrote:We're hoping there'll be a nicer solution in the future. Making iPlayer accessible to as many devices as possible is the BBC's aim, but gotta keep the rights-holders happy too!

I'm hoping to get iPlayer on XBMC - with proper streaming - some day Smile

Thanks for putting in the hard graft to get these things working Johnsto. Wink

Any word on *what* precisely they changed? (presumably iphone can still access it?)

Also perhaps we could switch to using the wii version? Or the ps3 proxy site I posted up the link for earlier if that hole hasn't been plugged?

I think with them opening up the iplayer to streaming on other devices there is hope for XBMC too. Probably the best, and easiest solution, will occur when the curl scripts for the protocol used in the desktop are integrated into mplayer. Then we'd be able to use the desktop version....

We can but dream eh?

I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later. Mplayer is always under active development. Perhaps we should all make a point of posting over on their mailing lists requesting help?

Anyway - thanks again Johnsto - It's been a hell of a ride.
TheBoxMan Wrote:Any word on *what* precisely they changed? (presumably iphone can still access it?)

I don't know what changed. Since I don't have an iPhone or Touch, I can't investigate either, but I'm sure it's rather cunning!

TheBoxMan Wrote:Also perhaps we could switch to using the wii version? Or the ps3 proxy site I posted up the link for earlier if that hole hasn't been plugged?

The Wii and PS3 sites use the RTMP streams, which are perfectly 'legal' and fairly secure - which is why the PS3 one hasn't been shut down and won't be.

Of course, RTMP and XBMC aren't the best buddies, which is why we needed to use the whole MP4 thing in the first place.

TheBoxMan Wrote:I think with them opening up the iplayer to streaming on other devices there is hope for XBMC too.

I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later. Mplayer is always under active development. Perhaps we should all make a point of posting over on their mailing lists requesting help?

It's all down to a) mplayer getting RTMP support (which I'm sure it will the instant it's feasible, whether I prod them or not), or b) the iPlayer streams being presented in a different/open format/protocol, which is still a possibility.
I have an iPod touch and nowt seems to work on that either, which might be good news if you know what I mean. Site still has a "beta" label on main page.

Must be some news about this if iPhone/touch streaming has stopped working, will have a look around.

Cheers
Seems my ipod touch issue was cookie related (after clearing I got the play icon in btm right hand corner of program placeholders) . But I have found recent posts and articles on iphone/ipod touch forums where even clearing cookies and cache does not resolve the issue - many people have had to reset and restore iphones to get iplayer working again.

I can only assume from this is that the device wanting to stream or access mp4 content has to accept an up to date cookie?

Some of the issues below are not that recent though!

http://www.veeto.co.uk/uncategorized/bbc...on-iphone/
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/show...BC+iplayer

This is off topic but also found a nice iphone/touch Safari web page that allows quicker browsing to iplayer content, works for PC browsers as well.

http://iplayerlist.mibly.com/

I'm not sure if the following will be any use:
http://po-ru.com/

Cheers
can i make a request please, i'm not sure if it's possible.

I was wondering if you could add a feature "button" that allowed you to (continue) ie with browsing the skript once you have selected a download and thus have an active downloads list (rather similar to xbox 360's download interfaces).

I'm not sure if this is too much hassel but i feel it would add top the script to have multiple downloads and still be able to browse the script, if possible run the script in the background while using XBMC as normal? Such like and auto script or something (i think there is a xbox torrent client that can run in the background)?
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] BBC iPlayer (Video) Plugin or Script?7