Fullscreen?
I've got it all compiled and whatnot, and I can't seem to find a way to make it fullscreen. My monitor is 1680x1050 and I'd like to test the performance of HD content. Changing the settings and config files seem to have gotten me nowhere.

Also, like everyone else i'd like to say that you guys are doing awesome, and everytime i update my SVN copy more and more things start to work.

Keep it up! You're amazing!
README.linux ; start with -fs

but note that this mode is very experimental!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you very much.

Now, one more question. XBMC seems to be changing the resolution down to something. How can I get it to display in my monitors native 1680x1050? Is this not implemented yet?
currently XBMC only supports PAL/NTSC/480P,720P,1080I

so if you choose 720P everything will stretch to fit. also check settings/videos/ for a setting which controls what resolution will be used for playback of videos
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

So how would i change the resolution for the GUI? Changing the resolution under "Video Hardware" under "System" does nothing. I take the checks out of the 480p and 1080i boxes, and nothing happens. When i restart XBMC they are checked again.
I should add that I'm running Ubuntu Feisty, with a GeForce 8800 GTS on an Athlon X2 4800+
Settings->Appearance->Screen. Set the GUI resolution there.

Settings->Video->Player. Set the playback resolution there.

Are you planning on allowing custom resolutions?

I guess the various 1366x768, 1360x768 and 1368x768 might be useful to all plasma owners (myself included).

PS
This project just pushed me to order all the components for my HTPC (I went with an nVidia 7300, should work well under Linux and I plan to use the CPU to decode h.264 in any case). Big Grin
Eventually, I'm sure we will.

Part of the problem is the GUI engine was designed for specific resolutions in mind. We scale the graphics no problem, but one possible issue is the fonts. Scaling fonts looks poo in general, but perhaps we can get around it.

To test a different resolution, you can change the properties of a specific current resolution (eg 1080i) by altering the setup for it in GraphicContext.cpp.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fullscreen?0