Would it be possible to incorporate transcoding with quicksync
Hi,

First let me thank you for that great AddOn, it is working really nicely so far Smile

I would just have one questeion. Would it be possible to incorporate transcoding with the use of quicksync as it seems now to be possible to utilize quicksync, see here.

A far as I understood, the transcoding m3u list is retrievable from Recording Service, so a transcoded URL could be mapped to each channel and used instead if transcoding is activated. Would something like that be possible.

It is already working very well with the Simple IPTV AddOn, just that then there is missing EPG, recording capabilities and so on.

Would be awsome if you could implement this. I'm happy to help testing or to support in any kind of documentation Smile

Regards
Vlaves
In some other thread I said I can only add global support. So transcoding will be enabled for every channel and it's not changeable per channel. Not sure if transcoding is of any real use anyway.
Hi manül,

Thanks for that quick response Smile

The use would be to have proper deinterlaced HDTV 1080i streams to 1080p (on serverside where yadif is used) for clients like the
  • Nexus Player
  • Fire TV 1 & 2
  • even the Nvidia Shield
that don't have good deinterlacing methods implemented (only bob) or for example Clients theat only support h.264 and not MPEG2.
Now that this can be done with quicsync support on super cheap intel Celeron CPUs it would be a very good use case...I think at least Smile
And globaly for all channels should be fine too for this usecase, just the transcoding profile should be choosable.
As far as I could read from the DVBViewer Recordingservice API and in various Forum posts it should be just an appendix the the Stream-URL if transcoding should be used. Huh

It would really be awsome for all those clients mentioned to have this option. Like, "use transcoding" On/Off and "select transcoding profile" which gives you a list of the configured profiles in the "ffmpegprefs.ini" with the parameter "Ext" set to ".ts". Then you can append the transcoding profile to the stream URL.

At least that my understanding of that whole thing Smile

Would be really great if we could have that feature. Thanks again for your great work and for maybe still considering it after reading this Use case here.

Regards
Vlaves
The quick and easy way is adding a textfield in settings to enter the ffmpeg profile and change the stream urls accordingly. The ffmpeg profile has to match (per every character), otherwise no stream will open.
While fetching and parsing ffmpegprefs.ini is possible, the PVR isn't running while viewing the settings. So I can't give you a selectbox.
(2016-04-24, 21:49)manül Wrote: The quick and easy way is adding a textfield in settings to enter the ffmpeg profile and change the stream urls accordingly. The ffmpeg profile has to match (per every character), otherwise no stream will open.
While fetching and parsing ffmpegprefs.ini is possible, the PVR isn't running while viewing the settings. So I can't give you a selectbox.

Ok, I would be happy with the quick and easy way Smile A hint text like "profilename has to match exactly" should be enough safe for all Kodi users. And if it is show in the settings as "experimental", that should be even more safe.

I would guess almost every Kodi user dealing with the DVBViewer Recordingservice, should at least be that tech avear to copy and paste an entry as Setting up the Recordingservice is not trivial too Wink

I wil do a wiki article if needed, altough I think a hint text that transcoding profile name has to match perfectly by every letter to the one shown in Webservice should really be enough Smile

For futur Implementation, transcoding would only be selectable after initial configuration and activation of the AddOn, from then on the list should be retrievable, so checking in the settings if AddOn is activated is possible.
After activateing transcoding a AddOn restart is needed. I guess thats how the DVBLogic guys are doing it, when changing the Transcoding settingfs.

But for now I'm super happy with the quick and easy way Smile
I just created an entry at github (https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvbviewer/issues/37) so it is I guess better for you Smile Thanks again for all your work Smile
Any news on the transcoding option? Hope you still consider implementing it Smile
No news, but I'll add it. Promised.
But not sure if I'll find enough time before Kodi 17
Too Bad, was hoping it will still make it into an updated Kodi 16 AddOn, as I down't know how well Kodi 17 will be adopted by koying. As you for sure know, his SPMC fork is the only really currently developed version of Kodi 16 for Android. And as this transcoding feature is mostly interesting for Android TV boxes, I hope you could consider still implementing it for Kodi 16. That would really be great.

Thanks a lot for your hard work here Smile

Regards
Vlaves
Hi manül,

as we are reaching slowly the end of Kodi 17 development, would it be possible for you to now add transcoding support to the PVR Addon? That would be really great if you could incorporate that Smile

Thanks for all your work here Smile

Regards
Vlaves

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Would it be possible to incorporate transcoding with quicksync0