v17 Two bugs, known or not?
I'm trying Kodi 17 on my SATV. When I use my Shield Controller and enter Kodi, the controller stops working. The Shield Remote works fine though.

Also, it is very common that audio/video is out-of-sync. Usually I can skip back or pause and it will be correct again.
Enable the controller Addon
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-04-26, 22:24)Martijn Wrote: Enable the controller Addon

The controller add-on isn't enabled by default? I know it's a binary add-on, but I don't understand why it would be disabled by default. A lot of people use joystick-type inputs as their only input device.
(2016-04-26, 22:24)Martijn Wrote: Enable the controller Addon

Now I have the Shield Remote so I can do that but if you only have the Shield Controller, how are you even supposed to do that? Feels like there is room for improvement here.

Checked the Wiki, nothing about the need for a controller addon there. But of course, better would be to just enable it per default (if running on a Shield at least).
We know and are looking into a solution for this as one of my shield doesn't have the remote
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
on krypton, i occasionally get the shield controller to stop working, i have to exit and force stop kodi to get it back to working
(2016-04-27, 08:24)Novin Wrote: Now I have the Shield Remote so I can do that but if you only have the Shield Controller, how are you even supposed to do that? Feels like there is room for improvement here

Could be improved I guess, but a good opportunity to recognize the flexibility of Kodi as well

The other ways you can accomplish this without the shield remote are
-web remote (any browser)
-yatse or kore
-iOS remote
-plug in a USB keyboard
-HDMI-CEC (additional flexibility provided by shield itself)
(2016-07-05, 04:18)phishdisc Wrote: on krypton, i occasionally get the shield controller to stop working, i have to exit and force stop kodi to get it back to working

I have similiar issue (shield TV 2017 16gb Krypton 17). The joystick controller works fine, till the shield goes to sleep, after that it doesn't work. The remote works fine, so i have to then exit kodi and closing it and then launch kodi agian. This also happens when i play a video for 5-10 mins and controller goes to sleep.

Not sure which addon we are talking about here! anyone know the cure?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Two bugs, known or not?0