openELEC - connecting to hotels Wi-Fi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xtrips Offline
(2017-08-01 09:47)DarrenHill Wrote:  
(2017-08-01 07:17)xtrips Wrote:  Well I guess I should have thought about that earlier when I still had an access at home. Now I am at the hotel and I have no way of bypassing their guest password access since I don't have a browser. 🙄

Grab the zip file of the web viewer add-on (here), copy it onto your device and install it from zip. Then you can maybe use that to get you access, as it contains a basic browser.

Thank you. I incidentally had a flash drive with me. So I went to an Internet cafe to download the file and have it ready, only to find out when installing on kodi that it failed on a dependency
I give up. Thanks anyway.
find quote
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
Ah well. Those dependencies will be in the repo, but not in the zip file.

From what I can see:

script.module.mechanize

script.module.youtube.dl

It also needs XBMC.python, but I think that's shipped as standard

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-01 19:55 by DarrenHill.)
find quote
nohway Offline
I'm just off on holiday with my Pi 3. I'm taking a plain Raspbian micro SD card, though I guess you could just run Kodi on Raspbian, rather than openElec (or similar) AND one with Kodi on OpenElec. I presume the hotel uses the wireless' MAC to 'register the device', so I'll be able to register via Raspbian, then reboot into Kodi. Fingers crossed.

I think I'll add the browser plugin, just in case.
find quote
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
They're more often captive portal that you need to give username and password on a Web page to access.

I'd say adding the plug in is a wise move ;-)

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows
find quote