Amped Beta:
Beta Available now..

Hi all thought I would come on over and hang out in this forum for a bit..
Seems more active at the moment than over at xbox-scene.

Anyway for those of you that havent heard of Amped.
Its a crazy Idea I had at some point in time, for using rotation... I then followed through on that Idea and ended up with this skin.

I am not a GFX artist so appologies for my gfx.

If anyone wants to help out with gfx or any other aspect then please pm me.So far its been single hadedly coded and grafixed by myself.

For those of you who may have seen it in its early days I have tidied it up a bit, but still have a little work to do. And only have PAL operational as I dont think I am at a point where I want to move the code to the other formats.

Credits go to 9t9 and gang for Vision, which is the skin I worked with to learn from and a starting point.

--------------------

Download : Amped Beta
Nice - always good to see new skins that look a bit different than the norm Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I get the following message after i "build.bat"

Quote:------------------------------
Creating Amped Build Folder
------------------------------
Creating Theme XPR Files...
Unrecognised command line flag: max
Kenwood\3dWindow.png: 550x250 A8R8G8B8->DXT1 1024x256
(47.55% waste)
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
MMmmmm guess there isnt a max option then, i'll update the build.bat at some point, you should notice however that the build should still run and creates all folders as it should. Nice to see someone over on this forum giving it a try though Big Grin
Broads Wrote:MMmmmm guess there isnt a max option then, i'll update the build.bat at some point, you should notice however that the build should still run and creates all folders as it should. Nice to see someone over on this forum giving it a try though Big Grin

thanks! I'll upload it 2nite and let you know how it works out!

great skin!
XBMC on HTPC with Ubuntu 12.04 connected to Amahi Home Server 750GB+1TB storage.
XBMC is probably the best thing that ever happened to me...!!! You people Rock!!!

HTPC: MB: Asus P5N7A-VM DDR: 2 x 1 GB Kingston CPU: Intel Core2DUO E8400 @ 3,0 GHz Coller: Scythe Shuriken
nice skin, very orignal concept..
haw do i get the kenwood skin like in ur screen shot?

couple of thing, the animation on the dial is pretty poor and needs attention also when playin a song and u return to the home screen the viz dosent sit right in the box its about 2 times to big..

anyway keep up the good work, u can never have enough skins...
[quote=craze7]nice skin, very orignal concept..
haw do i get the kenwood skin like in ur screen shot?[quote]

Skin Settings / Theme.

couple of thing, the animation on the dial is pretty poor and needs attention
, seems ok to me, messes up somewhat if you load it with background images though.

[quote]also when playin a song and u return to the home screen the viz dosent sit right in the box its about 2 times to big..[/quote]

Do you mean 2 pixels to big? or really 2 times to big.. I've kind of stopped caring about the original theme, and try to make every thing fit nice on kenwood. Oh btw.. what res are you running, whilst pal works it hasnt been optimised yet, as I run Pal 16x9 or 720p.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll see what I can do for you.Nod
I tested it, and I like it. Only one thing disturbs me...when going from the main menu into "Video" of "pictures" or "..etc..." the animation is rather slow.

Is it possible to speed this up by simple change?

Slow huh.. you should have seen the speed, from the first release. Laugh

Its a fairly simple change, but I am (was) quite happy with the current speed. If enough people would want this change, I could update. However, I am more than likely to update the screen objects appearing quicker as oposed to the screen opening.

Thanks for the feedback.
Broads Wrote:Slow huh.. you should have seen the speed, from the first release. Laugh

Its a fairly simple change, but I am (was) quite happy with the current speed. If enough people would want this change, I could update. However, I am more than likely to update the screen objects appearing quicker as oposed to the screen opening.

Thanks for the feedback.

he cool...you are on SVN...sweet!

Yep sure am... Big Grin

Oh and I've had a go at a few speed improvements. (not the screen opening though. as I like that)
Broads Wrote:Yep sure am... Big Grin

Oh and I've had a go at a few speed improvements. (not the screen opening though. as I like that)

Alright, I'll check it out later this weekend...

Is there any way to use a larger font?

The words on the screen are almost unreadable...although I am using a 32"TV

Yes indeed someone else has mentioned the font size and I never found it a problem even though I had a 26" at the time. What res are you running under PAL / NTSC etc and what fonts in particular?

Anyway several font options were added, so try some of them. Goto the settings page, and then to display options. There is a fonts option so try one of the other font settings.

Hope this helps.
Broads Wrote:Yes indeed someone else has mentioned the font size and I never found it a problem even though I had a 26" at the time. What res are you running under PAL / NTSC etc and what fonts in particular?

Anyway several font options were added, so try some of them. Goto the settings page, and then to display options. There is a fonts option so try one of the other font settings.

Hope this helps.

settings --> display options? there is no such place!
settings page

please be more specific, help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amped Beta:0