• 28(current)
v19 Video Database Cleaner add-on
I am running the Matrix-enabled version (thank you!) and have updated the code to reference database version 117. Everything seems to be running correctly, but it always reports the same 59 entries to be removed. Here's what I see:

Here is the database-cleaner.log file: https://paste.kodi.tv/ziqiwegara.kodi

Any thoughts on why these won't go away? I suspect I can enter the path manually for deletion, but doesn't that kinda negate the purpose of this tool?

Thanks,
Shoppedude
(2020-04-14, 05:58)scott967 Wrote: I updated the script, while I was at it I updated the assets, language, and settings.  The new settings format isn't working 100% but you can just use the current settings.xml.  You can get it from a Matrix_py3 branch I created on a fork.  I don't use this at all so no idea if it works right.  Here is a link to my github repo fork:  https://github.com/scott967/script.datab...Matrix_py3

I'm trying to use this on my Toshiba FireTV where I can't easily access the directory structure. Is there a way to use your release to update the currently installed (and not working) 0.6.1 from the-black-eagle? I upgraded Kodi to a 19.0 nightly tracking down a different issue, and I'd like to run this script to clean out the leftover data that's helping me run out of space. (Amazon's videos are the real space culprit, but since they prevent us from cleaning that database, keeping Kodi trimmed is the next best thing).
For some reason when i use forced database: MyVideos118
Starting the program it says MyVideos36 and that there are 45 entries to be removed and nothing gets removed.
Hi,

just I used this add-on and it works great !  Nod

Many thanks !
Thanks for this addon, I recently moved from SMB to NFS shares and for the life of me couldn't get Kodi to stop trying to scan all the old paths (which still exist but are not in the sources.xml any longer). Some of the paths haven't existed for years and I had no idea Kodi was still trying to scan them. I used the "remove specific path" feature and it worked great. Library updates no longer get stuck on ancient paths and are much faster now! Smile
I tried this add-on on recommendation from Team Kodi member Klojum. I am using add-on version 0.6.1 on Kodi 18.8.

Database cleaning works perfect, although my database is not big or old enough to see huge improvements.

Main reason I wanted to use this Add-on, is that I am considering reorganizing my available disk space, which will likely change source paths.

I tried to use the function of changing source paths in the add-on.  When running it reports that there is a path to change on the left side, but on the right side it says that 0 paths are to be changed.
After the cleaning ran, there is indeed no change.

In the settings I used the old source path exactly as I found it in sources.xml.

Am I missing something or could there be a bug? I am aware that this is beta software.

Regards,

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
(2020-10-20, 10:19)BartZorn Wrote: Am I missing something or could there be a bug? I am aware that this is beta software.

Dunno!  Put both Kodi and the addon into debug mode and replicate what you did.  Then find the database-cleaner.log file (it'll be in the same directory as Kodi's log file) and upload it to https://paste.kodi.tv/ or some other paste site and post a link to it here.  Might be some sort of sql issue causing a roll-back of the commands but hopefully there will be enough info in the log to see.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-10-20, 10:55)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 10:19)BartZorn Wrote: Am I missing something or could there be a bug? I am aware that this is beta software.

Dunno!  Put both Kodi and the addon into debug mode and replicate what you did.  Then find the database-cleaner.log file (it'll be in the same directory as Kodi's log file) and upload it to https://paste.kodi.tv/ or some other paste site and post a link to it here.  Might be some sort of sql issue causing a roll-back of the commands but hopefully there will be enough info in the log to see.
OK, I did that. The logs are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
It is not clear to me how to use paste.kodi.tv, so I used Google which is more familiar to me.

The database cleaner log was not in the same folder as the Kodi log, but in .\cache. Although I did set debug mode in the add-on, it does not seem to contain much.

I hope it gives you some info.

Regards,

Bart

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Thx!  According to those logs, whatever path you were trying to change from doesn't appear to exist in your database.  Or at least, the addon didn't find a matching path.
(2020-10-20, 13:38)black_eagle Wrote: Thx!  According to those logs, whatever path you were trying to change from doesn't appear to exist in your database.  Or at least, the addon didn't find a matching path.

Hmm... I don't understand that.

The from path is in sources.xml, and the contents of that path are normally visible in Kodi. Is the add-on searching for something else?

I am using WIndows. Is the closing '\' required in the path?

Bart

(2020-10-20, 14:09)BartZorn Wrote: Is the closing '\' required in the path?

That depends, but normally it's not.
Have you tried it without the backslash?
(2020-10-20, 14:09)BartZorn Wrote: I am using WIndows. Is the closing '\' required in the path?

It shouldn't matter.  Case also shouldn't matter (at least it doesn't on my test MySQL rig) but spelling, whitespace and any punctuation definitely does. 

EG, an old path of smb://Diamond/Kidstv/ gives me 43 paths to change, even though the actual path in the db is smb://DIAMOND/KidsTV/. Removing the closing / makes no difference to the amount of paths returned.
(2020-10-20, 14:17)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 14:09)BartZorn Wrote: Is the closing '\' required in the path?

That depends, but normally it's not.
Have you tried it without the backslash?
Yes, I have tried that. Same result, ie no substitutions.

Bart

thanks for matrix fork
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
adding the black_eagle repo gives me version 0.59 of the script. it shows that there are 425 entries that can be deleted but after letting it run for 2 hours it still shows the same 425 entries that it wants to delete. so i guess it failed. maybe its because of the "old" script version. so my question is: how can i update the version to 0.61?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Database Cleaner add-on5