• 29(current)
v19 Video Database Cleaner add-on
(2020-12-04, 19:32)podkilla Wrote: adding the black_eagle repo gives me version 0.59 of the script. it shows that there are 425 entries that can be deleted but after letting it run for 2 hours it still shows the same 425 entries that it wants to delete. so i guess it failed. maybe its because of the "old" script version. so my question is: how can i update the version to 0.61?

Hi

Try HERE
(2020-06-26, 19:48)RB26 Wrote: First, thanks to the original authors for this tool, I have used this in the past with Leia, and it worked great,
and Thanks to Scott967 for fixing it for Matrix.

Just FYI:
I had a small problem getting this working with Matrix,
solution was changing line 53 in Default.py from: MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 116 to MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 117

Cheers,
Ron

Thanks to scott967 and rb26 for the Matrix fork and note above respectively.

Now that Matrix (Kodi 19) is released line 53 in Default.py needs to change from: MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 116 to MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 119

Kodi 19 MyVideos database version is 119 (Ref - https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases)
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
I always get this error

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'sqlite3.OperationalError'>
                                            Error Contents: Could not decode to UTF-8 column 'strPath' with text 'rtmp://play.finecast.tv:1935/live?wmsauthsign=c2vydmvyx3rpbwu9my8xmc8ymde2idewojexoja4iefnjmhhc2hfdmfsdwu9rtqyv1joq3bnmgpqwjnty3dtdze5zz09jnzhbg
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.database.cleaner\default.py", line 687, in <module>
                                                cleaner_log_file(our_select, False)
                                              File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.database.cleaner\default.py", line 292, in cleaner_log_file
                                                my_data = cursor.fetchall()
                                            OperationalError: Could not decode to UTF-8 column 'strPath' with text 'rtmp://play.finecast.tv:1935/live?wmsauthsign=c2vydmvyx3rpbwu9my8xmc8ymde2idewojexoja4iefnjmhhc2hfdmfsdwu9rtqyv1joq3bnmgpqwjnty3dtdze5zz09jnzhbg
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2021-02-21, 11:11)AnthonyB Wrote:
(2020-06-26, 19:48)RB26 Wrote: First, thanks to the original authors for this tool, I have used this in the past with Leia, and it worked great,

Just FYI:
solution was changing line 53 in Default.py from: MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 116 to MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 117

Cheers,
Ron

Now that Matrix (Kodi 19) is released line 53 in Default.py needs to change from: MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 116 to MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 119

Kodi 19 MyVideos database version is 119 (Ref - https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases)
Is there any chance you can post the zip file with this change? Every time I try, I mess something up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
(2021-02-21, 11:11)AnthonyB Wrote:

Just FYI:

Cheers,
Ron

it would be truly appreciated if you can share the version compatible to Kodi Matrix
(2021-02-21, 11:11)AnthonyB Wrote: Now that Matrix (Kodi 19) is released line 53 in Default.py needs to change from: MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 116 to MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 119

I have notified @black_eagle of this (he has been AFK for a couple of months but is now back slowly but surely), and he'd put it on his to-do list.
The database cleaner finds 125 entries to remove, so I click "clean" and then an clean library runs. But the entries still remain, and are still there when I run the cleaner again - any ideas?
(2021-03-16, 17:25)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 11:11)AnthonyB Wrote: Now that Matrix (Kodi 19) is released line 53 in Default.py needs to change from: MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 116 to MAX_VIDEODB_VERSION = 119

I have notified @black_eagle of this (he has been AFK for a couple of months but is now back slowly but surely), and he'd put it on his to-do list.
The addon need more than the DB version changed.  The code needs to be amended for Python 3. The unicode calls etc need to be changed.  I have attempted to amend it but only got about halfway.
If you would like to have black_eagle reach out to me, I'll be happy to share my edits :-)
Cheers,
Ken
(2021-05-10, 22:05)kenmills Wrote: If you would like to have black_eagle reach out to me, I'll be happy to share my edits :-)

@black_eagle is a regular forum visitor, so he shouldn't be too far. Cool
(2021-05-10, 22:28)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-05-10, 22:05)kenmills Wrote: If you would like to have black_eagle reach out to me, I'll be happy to share my edits :-)

@black_eagle is a regular forum visitor, so he shouldn't be too far. Cool
Awesome thx!  I look forward to hearing from him Smile
(2021-05-11, 11:42)kenmills Wrote: Awesome thx!  I look forward to hearing from him Smile

Yeah, I'm aware that it needs an update (badly).  I will get around to it as soon as I can, just real life keeps getting in the way!  If you want to fork it, improve it and/or maintain it then go right ahead. Smile
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-05-12, 13:48)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 11:42)kenmills Wrote: Awesome thx!  I look forward to hearing from him Smile

Yeah, I'm aware that it needs an update (badly).  I will get around to it as soon as I can, just real life keeps getting in the way!  If you want to fork it, improve it and/or maintain it then go right ahead. Smile
Hey mate!  Nice to meet you!  

I totally get it; RL is crazy these days, hey?  The lockdowns in Canada are crazy, and the US isn't any better  Sad

I just downloaded and opened the addon locally on  my PC, and edited the default.py to adhere to Python 3 standards, and almost got it to work with Matrix...  The addon installs, and runs, but when it executes it fails.   

I am just stuck on a single line - I think.  I am not a developer, nor am I that familiar with Python, let alone Python 3 :-)  I just plodded through.

I'll see about setting up a github account and forking it officially etc...  However, if you have 2 mins, and can easily solve the following, I think we may have a working addon....

The line that gets stuck is:

json_query = unicode(json_query, 'utf-8', errors='ignore')

Now I know that Python 3, you switch str for unicode, since the queries are all encoded.  However, when I do that and use json_query = str(json_query, 'utf-8', errors='ignore')

I get the error:

json_query = str(json_query, 'utf-8', errors='ignore')
TypeError: decoding str is not supported

The entire chunk of code is:

json_query = jsoninterface.loads(json_query)
if json_query.has_key('result'):
     dbglog('Clean library sucessfully called')

Anyways, if you know how to fix that chunk or line, I'll test and if it works, then we have a Matrix compatible version :-)

Cheers!
Ken
(2021-05-12, 18:44)kenmills Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 13:48)black_eagle Wrote:

I totally get it; RL is crazy these days, hey?  The lockdowns in Canada are crazy, and the US isn't any better  Sad

I just downloaded and opened the addon locally on  my PC, and edited the default.py to adhere to Python 3 standards, and almost got it to work with Matrix...  The addon installs, and runs, but when it executes it fails.   

I am just stuck on a single line - I think.  I am not a developer, nor am I that familiar with Python, let alone Python 3 :-)  I just plodded through.

I'll see about setting up a github account and forking it officially etc...  However, if you have 2 mins, and can easily solve the following, I think we may have a working addon....

Now I know that Python 3, you switch str for unicode, since the queries are all encoded.  However, when I do that and use json_query = str(json_query, 'utf-8', errors='ignore')

I get the error:

Anyways, if you know how to fix that chink or line, I'll test and if it works, then we have a Matrix compatible version :-)

Cheers!
Ken
There's a separate addon developer forum which is a better place to ask.   Try just remove the line that calls the unicode() as it isn't needed. json_query is already a (unicode) string.

scott s.
(2021-05-12, 23:49)scott967 Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 18:44)kenmills Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 13:48)black_eagle Wrote: Yeah, I'm aware that it needs an update (badly).  I will get around to it as soon as I can, just real life keeps getting in the way!  If you want to fork it, improve it and/or maintain it then go right ahead. Smile

I get the error:

Anyways, if you know how to fix that chink or line, I'll test and if it works, then we have a Matrix compatible version :-)

Cheers!
Ken
There's a separate addon developer forum which is a better place to ask.   Try just remove the line that calls the unicode() as it isn't needed. json_query is already a (unicode) string.

scott s.
Probably a good idea to post in the add-on dev forum. Will do, thx!
OK, I was able to get it working, with the help of @ronie  in the developers forums!

We now have a working Database Cleaner, in Kodi 19 Matrix   Big Grin

My github fork is located:
https://github.com/klyco/script.database.cleaner

Thanks @black_eagle for the addon - it is brilliant, I was honored to update it.
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Database Cleaner add-on5