• 37(current)
v19 Video Database Cleaner add-on
(2021-09-21, 21:10)fstr21 Wrote: That's what I was doing unplugging my hdd then running the cleaner

That doesn't work, and is by design.  Imagine if you have 20TB of movies on a NAS and you run clean library.  BUT, your NAS is offline because wife unplugged it to vacuum/network has an issue/some other random failure, all your library would be deleted.
(2021-09-21, 21:10)fstr21 Wrote: Now I'm thinking there is a software option to remove the source ... Assuming the source is connected ..somewhere in that menu

Yes there is.  Navigate to settings->media->video, highlight the source and open the context menu.  Select remove source, answer yes when asked if you want to remove everything.  BTW, the source does not have to be connected as the removal is done in Kodi's library, not in the actual source.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Trying to run the Video Database Cleaner; but after hitting the Clean button on the summary window I get this error:
"Error in db commit. Transaction rolled back"

I can't find any additional debug information about this. I can't find the error in these logs:
"\\osmc\osmc\.kodi\temp\kodi.log"
"\\osmc\osmc\.kodi\temp\database-cleaner.log"

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance!
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but how does one actually install this? I've seen two methods in the past, one from the apps menu in kodi, and one from "local zip file", however I can't see either of those things...
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
Hi

I tried to install this add on on a Fire Stick Tv 4k ( latest OS) , Kodi 19.3 with Kodinerds Mod , when i use it a get this error "warning- no sources.xml file found" and then "error executing SQL statement" , see picture

Kodi.log

I tried different settings within the add on but same results

Any ideas?
hi guys
i have an android box with 8GB internal storage so free space is important
i have kodi 19.3 with these sources:
1. internal storage
2. //smb1
3. //smb2
4. and external HDD
when i run this add-on its only show number 1 2 and 3 in source
how can i add my external HDD to addon`s source to prevent cleanup or delete my library. its my main storage with huge of movies/series?
do i need to edit sources.xml? how?
sorry for my bad english
tank you all specific the developer for this awsome add-on
Is there any way to run this either once a day, or before/after a scan is done?
(2022-04-20, 20:34)biojo Wrote: Is there any way to run this either once a day, or before/after a scan is done?

I think you are exaggerating the need for cleaning a database. Even if your library generates & removes 200+ movies a week, then you won't need a daily cleaning. The average database folder size of a Kodi user is roughly 35 MB. It's hardly something to get nervous about.
this isnt why I want it

I delete tv series folders, and i want them not to show on the web interface. if i dont manually run this I end up with tv shows shwoing with no files.

I know you can delete tv shows from normal interface but i dont really use this

So once a day, few days would solve these building up
So your subjectively perceived convenience of deleting through Windows leads to subjectively perceived problems with the database. If you use the internal Kodi method of removing/deleting objects you'll really save time and worries in the end. Or, you could use an add-on which automatically deletes episodes after you've watched them - if that is the underlying reason for your frequent removals.
(2022-04-20, 21:17)biojo Wrote: this isnt why I want it

I delete tv series folders, and i want them not to show on the web interface. if i dont manually run this I end up with tv shows shwoing with no files.

I know you can delete tv shows from normal interface but i dont really use this

So once a day, few days would solve these building up

There are options which can do this automatically with Kod that you might want to consider.  It will stop displaying them in a web or Kodi interface automatically when you delete them and can remove from the Kodi database automatically each day.  Another option, I prefer, is to leverage playlists.  One for new TV shows is to stop displaying when the play counter is greater than 0 and another one for the last played TV shows (show I can see what I recently watched) is one which says play count is greater than zero but sorted by the last played date/time in descending order.  This is all possible.  You can click on my tagline or reach out off-line if you have questions.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-04-20, 21:17)biojo Wrote: I know you can delete tv shows from normal interface but i dont really use this

4 clicks in Kodi to remove a TVshow or episode from inside Kodi...
or
watching videos in Kodi, open a file manager, browse to the video folder, find the video(s) to remove, remove the video(s), close the file manager, return to Kodi, run the Clean Video Library.

You sure the latter method is the least lazy way of removing videos from the Kodi Library?
Ive tried the hide shows, which is fine for kodi on screen, but it still displays them on web interface < this is then what gets multiple shows that folders no longer exist

I dont use any remote for kodi, just web interface, 

Auto delete would be ok, if you can set some tv shows to leave alone
Add-on unofficlally updated by me to work with latest Kodi 20, will also work with Kodi 19.
Download
@kenmills Any chance you can update your own/official VDC add-on with Johnny's changes?
Does anyone know how to restore the .db backup file on an android device so I can recover my movie library?
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Database Cleaner add-on5