Solved Missing Visualizations in 16.1
I just upgraded my Kodi installation on my Ubuntu-based server to 16.1, and noticed very quickly that all of the music playback visualizations are missing! I did some digging on the internet and came across this thread. I installed the files in the attached .zip file, and now two visualizations - OpenGL Spectrum and OpenGL Waveform - appear in my list of visualizations, but when I select one - OpenGL Spectrum, I get an error, and the following shows up in my log:

ERROR: Unable to load /usr/lib/kodi/addons/visualization.glspectrum/opengl_spectrum.vis, reason: /usr/lib/kodi/addons/visualization.glspectrum/opengl_spectrum.vis: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

I get a similar error when I select the Waveform visualization. It would appear the files I installed were specific to the Raspberry Pi version, not the Ubuntu version I'm running. Either that, or the .vis files are corrupt.

So my question is, how do I go about installing the OpenGL Spectrum visualization? Does anyone have the files I need to make it work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ETA: I found this page in the wiki, so I deleted the files I had hand-installed, then used Ubuntu's repo to install Spectrum and Goom as instructed on that page. I get no error popups in Kodi anymore, but now I get no visualization at all, no matter which one (spectrum or goom) I select. Instead, I get these in my log:

15:16:40 T:140554173298752 ERROR: ADDON: Could not locate visualization.spectrum.so.1.0.14
15:17:27 T:140554173298752 ERROR: ADDON: Could not locate visualization.goom.so.1.0.0

Help needed please! I'll continue poking around, but if someone can point out where I'm going wrong, I'd appreciate it greatly.

ETA: If it helps, I found the files in question in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/addons/

Obviously, Kodi isn't expecting to find the files there, so where do they belong?

Edit Again: Placed symlinks in /usr/lib/kodi/addons/ in the visualization directories, and the problem is solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Visualizations in 16.10