• 4(current)
Release [CLOSED] SexyCirrus 3.4.X - Gaming & Media Expansion for Cirrus Extended
I can't really think of anything. What you can do is add more of the AL views to the regular sections.
Any interest in making this work / adding views for IARL?
(2016-05-16, 20:29)rdyott Wrote: I only really use advanced launcher. For gaming.
I use HDHomerun app for livetv. Cause I can't seem to get a backend to run constant without issues. Haha.
I do not use any pirate streaming addons.

(2016-05-18, 03:10)Zpectre87 Wrote: I can't really think of anything. What you can do is add more of the AL views to the regular sections.

Appreciate the input there, guys. I kinda figured apart from something like YouTube and Netflix based stuff and a game launcher, there wouldn't be that much people are using that requires interfaces. I'll so as Zpectre87 suggests and just focus on views for what we all use. Smile

(2016-05-18, 03:22)zachmorris Wrote: Any interest in making this work / adding views for IARL?

Hey, mate. Welcome. I could add it in alongside Hyper Launcher support as they are both Video Addon based. I did attempt to switch it to Programs as per your instructions to see what I could get started on but it didn't work for me, sadly. Probably doing something wrong. Pretty ace stuff though and I'd be pleased to open up SexyCirrus to more gaming stuff. Smile
Yeah I would say, try to get the current stuff into the GIT master branch for the skin first. What you got is already great and then it will be distributed with new versions of the skin itself.

What I mostly use on kodi next to this stuff is the iTunes trailers addon and I switch too HD trailers when there are some problems with the iTunes trailer addons. Only thing that sucks with HD trailers is that it doesnt show thumbs. But I dont think you can change that with the skin.

I use couchpotato/sickbeard/sabnzb a lot, but not the addons since the views suck. So that is maybe something.

Most important is the Cirrus skin itself. Since I am using it now because of your stuff I notice small things. For example, I use the fanart view for my movies and for my new movies I never see the plot. Even if I have the setting hide/show plot enabled in the settings.
I am using kodi on an android machine and I could use a proper wall view with titles for the android apps. Now it only has list views etc. Also the addons views (lists) could use some better ones maybe.
One small request for your sexy cirrus views.
The other non sexy views have an option to batch download artwork. Aka scrapers. For the NON gaming stuff. But SC doesn't. So whenever I add new media. And it doesn't auto update art work. I have to change views. Then batch download artwork. Then change back to my SC view of choose.
(2016-05-18, 16:55)chrisism Wrote: Yeah I would say, try to get the current stuff into the GIT master branch for the skin first. What you got is already great and then it will be distributed with new versions of the skin itself.

What I mostly use on kodi next to this stuff is the iTunes trailers addon and I switch too HD trailers when there are some problems with the iTunes trailer addons. Only thing that sucks with HD trailers is that it doesnt show thumbs. But I dont think you can change that with the skin.

I use couchpotato/sickbeard/sabnzb a lot, but not the addons since the views suck. So that is maybe something.

Most important is the Cirrus skin itself. Since I am using it now because of your stuff I notice small things. For example, I use the fanart view for my movies and for my new movies I never see the plot. Even if I have the setting hide/show plot enabled in the settings.
I am using kodi on an android machine and I could use a proper wall view with titles for the android apps. Now it only has list views etc. Also the addons views (lists) could use some better ones maybe.

Yeah, the default Cirrus views require an overhaul. No doubt of that. Explain this Android app wall you want. In reality, does it mean you just need a wall which displays borderless square icons? I don't have any Android boxes in my home, just a Galaxy Note II and an Xperia Play, neither is really suitable for Android development.

You needn't worry about SexyCirrus and Cirrus not being friendly suddenly overnight, Paradix and I chat on the regular, so we are usually up to speed somewhat on what the other is doing. As for contributing to the master branch, well, you never know what the future might hold.

EDIT: I have been thinking about getting Bluestacks or Koplayer on my machine for a while to make use of some of my Android games, if they have the proper support and whatnot in these environments. I got Infinity Blade on Android recently and really want to find a way to rig it up to play properly, perhaps using a wiimote plus or something. Tongue So I may look into it anyway.

(2016-05-18, 19:11)rdyott Wrote: One small request for your sexy cirrus views.
The other non sexy views have an option to batch download artwork. Aka scrapers. For the NON gaming stuff. But SC doesn't. So whenever I add new media. And it doesn't auto update art work. I have to change views. Then batch download artwork. Then change back to my SC view of choose.

Do you mean the last option on the sideblade on default Cirrus video views? The Batch Artwork Download button? If this is the one I'll try and get that onboard for One Plus which I meant to get out last weekend but couldn't so will go for this one instead. The loading of images is a known issue for movies, I will correct it shortly after I post One Plus as I can go back through what is current and clean it up some more. Smile
(2016-05-19, 12:59)Rufoo Wrote: Yeah, the default Cirrus views require an overhaul. No doubt of that. Explain this Android app wall you want. In reality, does it mean you just need a wall which displays borderless square icons? I don't have any Android boxes in my home, just a Galaxy Note II and an Xperia Play, neither is really suitable for Android development.

You needn't worry about SexyCirrus and Cirrus not being friendly suddenly overnight, Paradix and I chat on the regular, so we are usually up to speed somewhat on what the other is doing. As for contributing to the master branch, well, you never know what the future might hold.

EDIT: I have been thinking about getting Bluestacks or Koplayer on my machine for a while to make use of some of my Android games, if they have the proper support and whatnot in these environments. I got Infinity Blade on Android recently and really want to find a way to rig it up to play properly, perhaps using a wiimote plus or something. Tongue So I may look into it anyway.

well borderless would be nice, but just a wall view with the icons and titles beneath is fine. Cirrus simply only has the options for lower or right list. I want a simple wall view like you see on android when viewing all available apps. No fancy stuff needed Wink

And good to hear there is cooperation with parallex. thanks to you and your stuff this is now my skin and where I build my kodi box on. As I said before, I might go and look into the code for the skin to help out with some bugs or whatnot. I am not planning to change skins again now. Still enjoying the game trailers autostart while flipping through the collection.

Wave One Plus Released. Big Grin
Very Thanks !!! Nice work Smile
These views are amazing. Makes me want to try Advanced Launcher again. But, the bugbear with AL was you were stuck with the menus by System architecture only. Couldn't do a genre menu, made of games across several systems, for example, if I'm in the mood for a good old fashioned 2D Brawler, then I would like to scroll through a list of 2D Brawlers, regardless of system. As you all are clearly users of AL, if this is possible, please let me know.

Update: Someone PM'd me, didn't realise you can make Launchers from query searches. Awesome!!
(2016-05-29, 23:15)Daeymon Wrote: These views are amazing. Makes me want to try Advanced Launcher again. But, the bugbear with AL was you were stuck with the menus by System architecture only. Couldn't do a genre menu, made of games across several systems, for example, if I'm in the mood for a good old fashioned 2D Brawler, then I would like to scroll through a list of 2D Brawlers, regardless of system. As you all are clearly users of AL, if this is possible, please let me know.

Update: Someone PM'd me, didn't realise you can make Launchers from query searches. Awesome!!

Sweet. Personally, I don't use query launchers. Just the normal way of everything organised into systems. However, that's what I designed the view Fronts Titan for, to act as a frontend for these sections with a search function at the bottom.

Either way, hope you enjoy the views. Smile
Hi. I've done a fork of AL called Advanced Emulator Launcher. More or less the same UI but lots of changes on the guts.
  • XML input/output has been rewritten and optimized and now the plugin is fast fast fast even with collections of thousands of ROMs.

• When navigating categories/launchers there is absolutely no delay regardless of how many ROMs you have in your launchers.

• Have you noticed AL gets slower and slower the more the ROMs you have in your launchers? Not anymore!

• Powerful offline scrapers for MAME and about other 20 common systems. Collections of 2000 ROMs are scanned in less than one minute using the offline metadata scraper and locally available artwork.

• I also have greatly mitigated (but not completely solved... the solution requires file locking which is difficult to make platform independent even in Python) the race condition that corrupted AL XML database. No more XML backups!

• You can audit your launchers using No-Intro parent/clone XML DAT, and you will now the ROMs you have, you miss and the unknown ROMs not in the official No-Intro list.

• There is an internal powerful Favourites section. You won't lost your carefully curated Favourite list even if you delete launchers or ROMs. If the parent ROM of a Favourite is deleted and added later the Favourite can be relinked/restored easily.

• Some coin to pay: no global searches. Creating launchers from searches is not available at the moment. This is the consequence of the new redesigned way of storing plugin data.

• Plugin developed and tested in Kodibuntu: it should work in Windows/OSX/Android, but expect bugs due to lack of testing.

I think the patronage of this thread are experienced AL users. It would be nice if you can have a try and tell me if you discover any bugs or tell features you want.

https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin...r.launcher

Plugin is pretty stable by now, but currently is in *beta*. Now I'm writing the docs and testing it in my setup (full No-Intro sets for Sega and Nintendo (about 10000 ROMs), full working parents MAME set (about 4000 ROMs).

Can you please add support for them in your skin? I've tested it with Cirrus Extended from Kodi official repository and the number of views are small compared with AL (I think because the skin does not recognise my plugin, correct me if I'm wrong). Skinwise AEL is totally compatible with AL. It would be nice to have some skin support by the time of release (presumably in a couple of weeks).
(2016-05-30, 12:01)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Hi. I've done a fork of AL called Advanced Emulator Launcher. More or less the same UI but lots of changes on the guts.

I think the patronage of this thread are experienced AL users. It would be nice if you can have a try and tell me if you discover any bugs or tell features you want.

https://github.com/Wintermute0110/plugin...r.launcher

Plugin is pretty stable by now, but currently is in *beta*. Now I'm writing the docs and testing it in my setup (full No-Intro sets for Sega and Nintendo (about 10000 ROMs), full working parents MAME set (about 4000 ROMs).

Can you please add support for them in your skin? I've tested it with Cirrus Extended from Kodi official repository and the number of views are small compared with AL (I think because the skin does not recognise my plugin, correct me if I'm wrong). Skinwise AEL is totally compatible with AL. It would be nice to have some skin support by the time of release (presumably in a couple of weeks).

Hey mate, welcome. Smile

I remember when you first discussed this as a passing thought on the AL thread way back when. Great to see it bear fruit! Wonderful of you to put so much effort into the Kodi gaming scene. Smile

I have done a "quick and dirty" MOD of the Wave One Plus package for you here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...sp=sharing

Follow the same instructions as seen in the first post. When I say, quick and dirty, I mean it, so something may have been broken as a result but hopefully not. SexyCirrus by default only responds to vanilla Advanced Launcher but this one is instructed to respond to both vanilla and yours. If it proves problematic, I'll up another one that only responds to yours. Hopefully the package will assist you in your development pursuits. Big Grin As your AL and vanilla share a base it isn't hard to be friendly, other launchers like Hyper and IARL are video based primarily, thusly not as easy 'cause I need to rewrite the video backbone for Cirrus.

Indeed, you'll find anyone here who has an interest in SexyCirrus likely has an interest in Advanced Launcher. Smile

Note to Users:
Much like Wintermute0110's plugin, the quick and dirty package of Wave One Plus for it should be considered "experimental" as this time.
i love the thought of having a better version of AL.!!!
(2016-05-30, 13:03)Rufoo Wrote: Hey mate, welcome. Smile

I remember when you first discussed this as a passing thought on the AL thread way back when. Great to see it bear fruit! Wonderful of you to put so much effort into the Kodi gaming scene. Smile

I'm a man of my word Smile

Yes, I have read again the conversation we had back in December. Truth is... reworking AL has been much more difficult than I anticipated for several reasons. In the end it has been around 150 hours of work. However, I'm very happy with the results so far: AEL is now much faster and stable than AL. I was soooo tired with AL getting slower and slower the more the ROMs you have in your launchers, getting slower even to navigate categories/launchers and bring up context menus, and the nasty race condition that produced the launchers.xml corruption (specially when changin thumb/fanart of categories/launchers). Another nasty thing of AL was that scanning ROMs, even using no metadata scraping and local images only, took so loooong (this is particularly bad now because there is a new version of MAME every month).

In my HTPC I like to have full MAME and No-Intro sets to try games (and rediscover games I played long ago Smile), and then have a curated list of favourites. To do this I used AL to store the collections and then used RCB to have the list of my Favourites. Of course, I manually copied the favourite ROMs from AL to separate folders for RCB. However, RCB stopped working on Jarvis (you cannot see certain labels) and the plugin is pretty unusable now. With the new Favourites special category of AEL you can have your curated collections of Favourite games fully customised with artwork/metadata, and then you regular launchers with thousands of ROMs each to test your games.

Having say that, AL was (and still is) a perfect plugin if you have not so many ROMs (about 500 including ROMs in all launchers). If you have many ROMs in your setup, definitely give AEL a try! Kodi users can keep their dignity against Hyperspin and Retropie/Emulation Station people!

(2016-05-30, 13:03)Rufoo Wrote: I have done a "quick and dirty" MOD of the Wave One Plus package for you here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDWRn5...sp=sharing

Follow the same instructions as seen in the first post. When I say, quick and dirty, I mean it, so something may have been broken as a result but hopefully not. SexyCirrus by default only responds to vanilla Advanced Launcher but this one is instructed to respond to both vanilla and yours. If it proves problematic, I'll up another one that only responds to yours. Hopefully the package will assist you in your development pursuits. Big Grin As your AL and vanilla share a base it isn't hard to be friendly, other launchers like Hyper and IARL are video based primarily, thusly not as easy 'cause I need to rewrite the video backbone for Cirrus.

Indeed, you'll find anyone here who has an interest in SexyCirrus likely has an interest in Advanced Launcher. Smile

Note to Users:
Much like Wintermute0110's plugin, the quick and dirty package of Wave One Plus for it should be considered "experimental" as this time.

Thant was quick! Thanks a lot! I will try it ASAP.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] SexyCirrus 3.4.X - Gaming & Media Expansion for Cirrus Extended1