Anyway to display Dolby Atmos logo?
Hi,

Is there anyway for me to display the dolby atmos logo on films that have this audio source? Is there any filename convention that i need to use to display this? At the moment its only showing up with the Dolby TrueHD logo.

Similarly although not quite as important right now, it would be good to know if the source file has DTS:X.

Thanks.
If you like you can use my aeon madnox branch https://github.com/Snecx/skin.aeon.madnox
It's always up to date with the master branch. I modified some files to display Dolby Atmos,DTS-X or Auro logos.

You have two possibilities to 'mark' the files. File tagging and a tag in the Kodi database itself. Since Kodi 15 you can tag a movie or tvshow in the database with custom tags.

1) Rename a movie to .atmos. , .dtsx. , .auro. and you get the logo.
and/or
2) Create a tag in Kodi itself and name it atmos, dtsx or auro. If the movie is scanned in the database tag the movie with the corresponding tag. The advantage is you can keep
your scanned library and enhance with tags. You need to have the latest skin.helper.service from git. Because this version supports the tag reading only.
(2016-05-03, 01:24)_Andy_ Wrote: If you like you can use my aeon madnox branch https://github.com/Snecx/skin.aeon.madnox
It's always up to date with the master branch. I modified some files to display Dolby Atmos,DTS-X or Auro logos.

You have two possibilities to 'mark' the files. File tagging and a tag in the Kodi database itself. Since Kodi 15 you can tag a movie or tvshow in the database with custom tags.

1) Rename a movie to .atmos. , .dtsx. , .auro. and you get the logo.
and/or
2) Create a tag in Kodi itself and name it atmos, dtsx or auro. If the movie is scanned in the database tag the movie with the corresponding tag. The advantage is you can keep
your scanned library and enhance with tags. You need to have the latest skin.helper.service from git. Because this version supports the tag reading only.

Thank you for the response.

I wanted to clarify the options 1 and 2 you have given are compatible only with your own branch or the default released kodi?

My atmos movies are already labeled atmos, but problem is that they are not labeled with ".atmos." instead when i rename my files i usually name them like this:

Terminator Genisys (2015) 1080p BluRay REMUX AVC TrueHD 7.1 Atmos

So I'm assuming that it won't be able to pick this up? TBH there isn't many atmos movies anyway, so i can easily go through and update them if need be to like this:

Terminator.Genisys.2015.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.TrueHD.7.1.Atmos.mkv

Does that look okay?
which skin are you using? It is meaningless updating your filenames if the skin you are using doesn't even support atmos in the filename? Kodi does nothing in regards to 'atmos' it is all done by the skin to show the media flag so check the skin you use supports atmos in the filename first?

One small thing Kodi might do is assignment of the audicodec say 7.1 I guess for your movie, but again it would be down to the skin to display an 'atmos' logo.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
ok cool, my kodi setup I've had for a few years now and generally just updated the version over the current one. I think I'm probably on Kodi 15 or something similar. Im more then likely using the skin called Aeon Nox.
@KILLERNADS it's ok to have the words atmos,auro or dtsx in the file name only. The dots are not necessary.

As skin source i use MadMikeDoc:master. I assume it's the latest one. I always merge my differences with that source. So if you use my branch you have the latest aeon madnox but with support for atmos,auro and dts logo.
Coming soon to madnox, sorry it took so long Andy.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
nice, thanks guys!
@Mike_Doc no problem. I don't blame you or the other great dev guys. You are still doing an amazing job. Almost every night an update. Just wow. That's the great with open source. If you have the knowledge you can make your own branch and add what you need.

Aeon Madnox is my favorite skin and the progress is amazing.
Over a year later, is there now an easier way to show the Atmos logo?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Adding atmos to the filename seems pretty easy for me...
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
What skins does this work with? I use Rapier but they still scanned as Dolby TrueHD instead of Atmos.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Nexus + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR 204 RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2017-09-17, 18:14)MidnightWatcher Wrote: What skins does this work with? I use Rapier but they still scanned as Dolby TrueHD instead of Atmos.
 I use rapier (current version) and it works perfectly to display filenames that contain DTS-X or Atmos
(2018-01-01, 20:14)zigzag930 Wrote:
(2017-09-17, 18:14)MidnightWatcher Wrote: What skins does this work with? I use Rapier but they still scanned as Dolby TrueHD instead of Atmos.
 I use rapier (current version) and it works perfectly to display filenames that contain DTS-X or Atmos 
 Hehe, it was added after the post from MidnightWatcher. Wink
Is there any chance that the InfoLabels which provide codec information will be expanded to provide information about Atmos (based on E-AC3 and Dolby TrueHD), DTS:X (based on DTS-HD HRA and DTS-HD MA) as well as AURO-3D (based on DTS-HD MA or LPCM) in Kodi v18, @ronie, @DaveBlake, @jurialmunkey?
MediaInfo is basically able to do so already IIRC, so could this maybe also be implemented for the Kodi skin engine?
OSMC Skinner      |    The OSMC Skin for Kodi v20 Nexus (native 16:9, 21:9 and 4:3 skin, special cinemascope/CIH version available)      |     GitHub: https://github.com/Ch1llb0/skin.osmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyway to display Dolby Atmos logo?1