v16 Playercorefactory.xml for nextPVR?
hello,

I'm current running Kodi 16.1 and just activated the nexPVR addon in settings. Kodi has seemingly connected to nextpvr and shows the guide and channel information. The issue I'm having is that when I try to select a channel to watch nothing happens or sometime the my PowerDVD program starts. looking at the below log section it would seem that power DVD is trying to play the live TV as oppose to playing through nextPVR.

Do i need to edit my playercorefactory.xml file to add nextPVR as a player, and if so what would the player and rules section look like?

logs:

20:11:56 T:5404 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PDVDLP.exe
20:11:56 T:5404 WARNING: ExternalPlayer: invalid value for warpcursor: none
20:11:56 T:5404 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (none)
20:11:56 T:5404 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.nextpvr_7151.pvr
20:11:56 T:1908 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PDVDLP.exe
20:11:56 T:1908 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.nextpvr_7151.pvr
20:11:56 T:1908 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
20:11:56 T:1908 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : D:\/fullscreen /close
20:11:56 T:1908 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
20:11:56 T:1908 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PDVDLP.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PDVDLP.exe" D:\/fullscreen /close "pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.nextpvr_7151.pvr"
20:11:56 T:1908 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: WAIT_OBJECT_0
20:12:08 T:1908 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Stop
20:12:08 T:1908 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Showing Kodi window
You do not need anything in playercorefactory to play the recordings. Kodi will use CorePlayer or whatever you've setup to play .ts files. My bet is something in you playercorefactory is causing Cyberlink to try and play the file. I'd try removing your playercorefactory and see what happens. If the NextPVR recordings play normally, you'll know the issue is how you configured playercorefactory.
Great success!!! you were correct but now back to the drawing board for my playercorefactory file....
One thing to check is to make sure you setup PlayerCoreFactory so that it's adding players and not replacing all the built in ones. After you set up your players, make sure the rules section looks like this:

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720p.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>

The trick is to get the rule setup so that only the files you really want Cyberlink to play are included. Everything else will drop through to the default player. If you haven't yet, take a look at this:

http://kodi.wiki/view/External_players
Doesn't work for me. rule still plays default player

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playercorefactory.xml for nextPVR?0