Questions from new user
I just started using Ember and I really dig it, thanks to those involved in its development!

I'm coming from MediaElch so my images used to be named logo.png, disc.png, clearart.png, etc.
Then I would have to run Artwork Downloader to have them appear in Kodi.
I was told that with Ember, we don't need AD anymore, is this correct?

So i configured Ember to name images as <filename>-clearlogo.png, <filename>-discart.png, etc.

However, I still need to run AD to have the images show up. Did I miss something in the configuration?
Thanks in advance.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
You need the latest Alpha version of Ember to sync the images directly to Kodi if you don't want use AD. All images and infos can be synced with our new Kodi Interface module. It's not important what you use as name, but <filename>-imahetype.ext is the best solution.
Hello Dan, I'm using 1.4.7.2 x86
Is that the correct version?
I just checked Modules and there's a red X before Kodi Interface, that means I need to set it up, right?
Is there a tut somewhere on how to do that?

One more question, I'm trying to scrape a movie that is not English, each time I change to language: French, I press Re-Scrape and I'm back on language: English.
Can't I change the language on the fly?

Thanks!
Bug. Just fixed for net release: Commit

There is no tutorial to setup the Kodi Interface, but you need the same informations like you need for Yatse or another Kodi controller.
Ahh I see. Glad it's fixed!

I figured out how to set up Kodi Module. I tested the connection and it's successful.
One more question though. How does it work? Does the client PC with Kodi on it, need to be on when I'm scraping new movies? Or do the images get added automatically when I update my library on my HTPC?
(2016-05-06, 20:15)ArieS Wrote: Ahh I see. Glad it's fixed!

I figured out how to set up Kodi Module. I tested the connection and it's successful.
One more question though. How does it work? Does the client PC with Kodi on it, need to be on when I'm scraping new movies? Or do the images get added automatically when I update my library on my HTPC?

Yes and no. The Kodi Client has to be on if you sync your media. Ember use the JSON-RPC interface in Kodi to send all informations and image/trailer paths to Kodi. If you want use "RealTimeSync", every change/edit/scrape will be synced automatically with Kodi. If you want sync it manually, you only have to enable Kodi if you use the context menu => Kodi Interface => Sync options.
Argh, this is confusing for me Big Grin
What I want is the images to be added when I update the library on my Kodi client. I just wish not to have to rely on Artwork Downloader anymore.
So for that, I only have to setup the Kodi Module, which I have done.
Then I have nothing else to set up in Kodi, correct?
(2016-05-06, 23:54)ArieS Wrote: Then I have nothing else to set up in Kodi, correct?

Yes that's correct and if you use movie sets you can also get rid of MSAA
Well, looks like I'm over my head on this one because I can't figure it out. None of my logos, discs, cleararts are being added with my sources.
I guess I will keep using AD...
Aries,
Ember will not sync with Kodi during the Kodi update process. Once you complete the update on the Kodi side you need to do a sync from Ember. It's is a push process from Ember to Kodi. Ember has no way of knowing when changes occur on the Kodi side in order to trigger an update, however, that would be a nice feature.
(2016-05-07, 11:15)ArieS Wrote: Well, looks like I'm over my head on this one because I can't figure it out. None of my logos, discs, cleararts are being added with my sources.

Is the images visible in Ember?
Depending of your naming schema for your images you need the right setting in Ember
If yo have AD naming you activate AD (KODI addon) settings in files and sources otherwise use extended images as active, don't use both
(2016-05-07, 13:32)hslansky Wrote: Aries,
Ember will not sync with Kodi during the Kodi update process. Once you complete the update on the Kodi side you need to do a sync from Ember. It's is a push process from Ember to Kodi. Ember has no way of knowing when changes occur on the Kodi side in order to trigger an update, however, that would be a nice feature.
So once I have updated my library on Kodi, I need to go back to Ember and do what exactly?
And is it something that needs to be done each time you update your library in Kodi?
(2016-05-07, 14:04)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2016-05-07, 11:15)ArieS Wrote: Well, looks like I'm over my head on this one because I can't figure it out. None of my logos, discs, cleararts are being added with my sources.

Depending of your naming schema for your images you need the right setting in Ember
If yo have AD naming you activate AD (KODI addon) settings in files and sources otherwise use extended images as active, don't use both

Right now Extended is enabled and AD in Kodi Addon is disabled.
My older images (scraped with MediaElch) are named as logo.png, disc.png, clearart.png, <filename>-poster.jpg, etc...
And only some of the images are visible in Ember.
Only posters and backgrounds are, because they are named with <filename> in front, I assume?
None of the logos, discs, cleararts are visible in Ember.
(2016-05-07, 22:48)ArieS Wrote:
(2016-05-07, 14:04)T-bird_se Wrote:

Right now Extended is enabled and AD in Kodi Addon is disabled.
My older images (scraped with MediaElch) are named as logo.png, disc.png, clearart.png, <filename>-poster.jpg, etc...
And only some of the images are visible in Ember.
Only posters and backgrounds are, because they are named with <filename> in front, I assume?
None of the logos, discs, cleararts are visible in Ember.
First thing is to let Ember recognize your images
With your naming convention, disable Extended images and enable KODI Addon and after that reload everything from tools menu
When you can see all artwork in Ember you can try to sync again
Thank you very much for your help T-bird, it is greatly appreciated.

Now for my progress, I reloaded everything. I now see all the artwork in Ember. I then went to Tools> Kodi Interface> Update Library.
It does update the library but none of the logos/cleararts/discs appear.
Here are my settings:

And here's an example of how everything is named:

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions from new user0