Questions from new user
(2016-05-09, 10:13)ArieS Wrote: Thank you very much for your help T-bird, it is greatly appreciated.

Now for my progress, I reloaded everything. I now see all the artwork in Ember. I then went to Tools> Kodi Interface> Update Library.
It does update the library but none of the logos/cleararts/discs appear.
Here are my settings:

And here's an example of how everything is named:

Thanks!

It works 100% if Ember shows the images. Ember sends all image paths to Kodi. But you have to leave the movie list and re-enter to let Kodi run an new database query.
(2016-05-09, 10:27)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-05-09, 10:13)ArieS Wrote: Thank you very much for your help T-bird, it is greatly appreciated.

Now for my progress, I reloaded everything. I now see all the artwork in Ember. I then went to Tools> Kodi Interface> Update Library.
It does update the library but none of the logos/cleararts/discs appear.
Here are my settings:

And here's an example of how everything is named:

Thanks!

It works 100% if Ember shows the images. Ember sends all image paths to Kodi. But you have to leave the movie list and re-enter to let Kodi run an new database query.
I have to admit that I don't fully understand the difference between an update from tools menu and an sync from context menu, if one doesn't work I always try the other one, and that's normally helps.

Maybe Dan can explain that
"Tools => Update" runs only a normal Update on Kodi, same if you do that directly on Kodi (no additional images or new infos will be added).
"Context menu => Sync" syncs all informations and images/trailer to Kodi.
(2016-05-09, 10:27)DanCooper Wrote: It works 100% if Ember shows the images. Ember sends all image paths to Kodi. But you have to leave the movie list and re-enter to let Kodi run an new database query.
Sorry but I don't understand what you are saying.
You mean that I need to exit the Movie Menu and re-enter it to see all the artworks? If yes, it's not working. I also shut down Kodi and started it again and I still don't see the images.

Also, you and T-bird are talking about Context Menu. Are you guys talking about the actual Context Menu button in Kodi? If I press it should I see something related to Ember?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2016-05-10, 07:18)ArieS Wrote: Also, you and T-bird are talking about Context Menu. Are you guys talking about the actual Context Menu button in Kodi? If I press it should I see something related to Ember?

No we are talking about Ember
In the list window you can select one or many/all and have alot of options in context menu (right click), including one for syncing.

As Dan say, update from tools menu is the same as doing it in Kodi, so no extended images goes in
Syncing from context menu, everything yo see in Ember goes in

Hope things get more understandable now
I try to explain how that works in Kodi.

Skin side:
The skin needs a database entry to get the path of an image to show it in Kodi. Database entries are like "path = d:\movie\imagetype.ext | type = imagetype".
The only exceptions are extrafanarts and extrathumbs. Both will be search directly in movie folder.
Very old skins do also search all additional imagetypes like Discart, Logo etc. directly in movie folder, but that is an old and overtook method.

Kodi side:
Kodi recognize only banners (tv shows only), fanarts and posters.
That means you need an additional addon or software to write the path of additional imagetypes into Kodis database.

Additional addons or softwares:

ArtworkDownloader:
That addon search for images inside the movie directory and add the default and additional imagetypes to Kodis database.
The bad thing is: AD does only recognize eg. "logo.png", not "<filename>-logo.png" (and "<filename>-imagetype.ext" is the only proper naming schema IMO). Also AD use non-unique file names for posters (poster.jpg), fanarts and banners (very bad).

Kodi Interface (Ember Media Manager):
In KI it's possible to send/write all imagetypes (and all other informations) into Kodis database.
KI can use ANY path/filename for images that you have setup in Ember. If Ember has recognized an image (and thus knows the path to the image), KI write that path into Kodis database.
The only things you need to do is:
- proper KI host setup
- proper file naming settings in order to let Ember find the images
- manually syncing via context menu or "RealTime Sync" after each edit or scrape
I give up... I selected all my movies, right clicked and chose Sync. First thing it seems that it was gonna take forever to scan the library. I would see the pop up in Kodi, then it would stop, then pop up again scanning, then stop, then again, etc. I let it run for maybe 10 mins and it was going and going. I had to close Ember for it to stop. Once I was in front of the PC to close it I noticed some windows popping out saying such and such movies failed to Sync.
Anyway, this is not the solution I was looking for since the Server is upstairs and Kodi downstairs. Call me lazy but I don't want to have to go up to Sync my library Tongue
So I guess AD will do just fine for now...
Don't get me wrong, Ember is awesome and you guys deserve a lot of credit!

One more issue I'm having. I have added all my sources for Movies and TV Shows but 1 which is giving me problems. It's a TV Shows folder and each time I get this error: Input string was not in correct format.
Tried to look for an error log but I have no idea what I should be looking at.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Each film in a separate folder.
The folder has a name that should be displayed in KODI.
But Cody is only visible part of the folder name.

Can I make it so that "Title" or "Sort Title" fully consistent with the my folder name?

Thanks!

PC: Sorry for bad english. This is Google translate.
(2016-05-15, 22:22)diastop Wrote: Each film in a separate folder.
The folder has a name that should be displayed in KODI.
But Cody is only visible part of the folder name.

Can I make it so that "Title" or "Sort Title" fully consistent with the my folder name?

Thanks!

PC: Sorry for bad english. This is Google translate.

It's a little bit bad folder naming to clean up for inital title naming. The first default filter (see picture) removes (YEAR) and all chracters after (YEAR). You can remove it, but then the result will be "Batman (1995) Forever", and that is also a bad name for searching (works with IMDB scraper, but not with TMDB). You should rename the folders to "Batman Forever (1995)" and leave the filters as is.

DanCooper

Thank you so much!
Is there in program, templates for create Title, that I can use after scraping?
(2016-05-16, 00:36)diastop Wrote: DanCooper

Thank you so much!
Is there in program, templates for create Title, that I can use after scraping?

What do you exactly mean?
Quote:What do you exactly mean?
When I downloaded the file, I am appropriated him special name (or the folder that contains this file)

This name must appear in the Kodi library. However, for the good work of the Scrape, the Ember must clear this name to find the desired movie in the database.

How to do that would be after the operation of the Scrape, the Title (Kodi) = the name of the file, or Title (Kodi) = the name of the folder?
Hello! Can Your software automatically send the email when I add files to my library?
(2016-06-22, 19:28)d18504 Wrote: Hello! Can Your software automatically send the email when I add files to my library?

No, Ember has no e-mail functions.
If possible, please add this feature. Very well when users can receive e-mails with a short information about the newly added movie (maybe the Poster and Details)

Thank you for Your program!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions from new user0