Multiple backends with joined channels
Hi!
I've currently got a server with a twin tuner DVB-C card running tvheadend backend and a box with Openelec and a single tuner. The box has got a single tuner and I've got tvheadend running both as a backend and a frontend. I can use either the local tvheadend backend or the remote one, both work without a problem.
My plan is to have recordings done centralized via the remote backend and use the local one on the box just for live TV in case no remote tuner is available.[/b]
I've tried two attempts so far.

1. Two HTSP PVR clients, one for remote backend and one for local
  2. Setting up SAT>IP on the local backend so that the remote one can use the tuner

1. Two HTSP PVR clients with separate backends
If I set up the htsp client twice in Kodi (by copying the addon folder and changing the addon.xml) I can get both backends give me their channel lists but I've got every channel twice, once from the remote backend and once from the local one. I want the local backend only to offer live TV and no recordings. This is easy, simply don't activate PVR functionality in the backend.
The result is close to what I want but no cigar. I'd like to merge the channel list to have one entry per channel, regardless how many backends provide it. Additionally a backend priority would be nice so that the box would always try the remote one first. Or even better, use any one but if I press recording then send that request to the remote one.

2. Include box tuner via SAT>IP
The second method (SAT>IP) basically does what I want, the problem is the box is connected via powerLAN because I can't get a nework cable to that point and if I try to watch from the local tuner because the other ones are busy the traffic goes like this:
Code:
box ---(SAT>IP)--> server backend --(HTSP)--> box
So I need twice the bandwith and the powerLAN link is too slow for that. If the remote backend could tell the box to use the origin of the SAT>IP stream it would be local but apparently it can't Sad

Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple backends with joined channels0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.