EPG search timer arriving
Hello All,

Been doing some testing. Not sure if these features are in progress or not. They appear to not be working at my end:

# Once a Search EPG timer rule is defined the timers it creates are listed in the respective timer rule folder as well as the timers window.
# On deleting a timer rule the timers it has created are deleted.

Many thanks,
Guy
(2016-09-26, 20:25)guyrichie Wrote: # On deleting a timer rule the timers it has created are deleted.

I am not aware of this. Where is that statement from?
Hello FernetMenta,

I originally recall reading it on the kodi (xbmc) github repo, I believe @ksooo was describing the intent behind the timer rule folder view.

Currently in Kodi v17 B3, on deleting a timer rule, an information pop-up window asks if all timers created by this rule should also be deleted:

"Are you sure you want to delete this timer rule and all timers it has scheduled?"

At the time of writing, this is currently coded here:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/17b5b3....cpp#L1039

Many thanks,
Guy
Thanks, I will look into this
Hello all,

I have the following system running:
WeTek Play, LibreELEC 7.90.009, Kodi 17.0 Beta 6, VNSI 2.6.9, VDR 8.1.103

I am not able to add timer rules at all.
  • Selecting 'Add timer' in TV->Guide displays the error "Timer rule creation failed. The PVR add-on does not support a suitable timer rule type."
  • When trying to add a repeating timer via 'Add timer' in TV->Timers or TV->Timer rules it is converted to a single timer on leaving the dialog
(I also noticed that the display of the client specific menu is completely corrupted.)

According to this thread adding timer rules should work. So I am assuming I'm doing something wrong.
Could you please confirm that the above combination of versions is ok for repeating timers/timer rules.

More details regarding my interest of getting recording state indicators to work are given here:
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17111
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=287351

Thanks
Zweikeks
This is not the LibreElec forum so I suggest that you use the official version numbers of the components. I have no clue what LE packages in VDR 8.1. Current VDR versions are 2.2.0 or 2.3.1.
Recent releases of the vdr-vnsiserver plugin are 1.5.1, 1.5.0, or 1.3.1
For search timers you need at least vnsiserver 1.5.0 as mentioned here: https://github.com/FernetMenta/vdr-plugi...r/releases
Hello FernetMenta, thanks for the hint. Up to now I wasn't aware of the version number differences between native and LE packages. My VDR (and VNSI) version is too old. I try to build them.
Hello,

I tried to build the VDR add-on for LibreELEC but ran into problems. VDR 2.3.1 compiles ok but since interfaces have changed the VDR plug-ins are producing error messages. So I resigned for now. I just wanted to test it in regard to a possible bugfix of recording state indicators. No need to spent more effort on it.

The VNSI add-on builds ok (branch Krypton). The version naming/numbering confuses me. I haven't found a version number in the sources. Only VNSI_PROTOCOLVERSION. Is there a way to see the version in the sources? Like in VDR where VDRVERSION = "2.3.1" states clearly its own version number.

Thanks
Zweikeks
https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.vdr.vnsi....xml.in#L4
Thanks
Hello All,

The following now working on my current build:

# Once a Search EPG timer rule is defined the timers it creates are listed in the respective timer rule folder as well as the timers window.
# On deleting a timer rule the timers it has created are deleted.

VDR = 2.3.1
vdr-plugin-vnsiserver = git pull 2016-12-28 of master branch
pvr.vdr.vnsi = 3.0.2
Kodi = v18 Alpha1 (git pull 2016-12-28)

Many thanks,
Guy
@guyrichie: I also have just started testing with updated vnsiserver (1.5.2) and latest pvr.vdr.vnsi client on Kodi Krypton Beta 7, which is 2.6.12.

As with previous releases I am having issues creating an EPG based timer rule with channel=any channel. Can you confirm that beahvior in Kodi v18 Alpha?

Thanks

Spirou
I don't have channel=any implemented
(2016-12-28, 21:13)FernetMenta Wrote: I don't have channel=any implemented
That's strange because any channel is the first option I can select from the channel drop down list when configuring an EPG based timer rule. Very confusing if an option can be selected which is actually not supported or implemented.
(2016-12-28, 22:56)Spirou Wrote:
(2016-12-28, 21:13)FernetMenta Wrote: I don't have channel=any implemented
That's strange because any channel is the first option I can select from the channel drop down list when configuring an EPG based timer rule. Very confusing if an option can be selected which is actually not supported or implemented.

Right, but unfortunately the PVR api has no method to tell Kodi that the timer rule does not support all channels.

EDIT: at least I can make timer rule creation fail, if any is selected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG search timer arriving0