Caching in latest LE builds
I updated to the latest LE build on my Pi 3, and noticed when playing a file from https/webdav that it doesn't cache the file to disk anymore. Previously, when I hit the codec info button, it would show how much was downloaded in MB in addition to the cache % value. Now it gets up to 100% and doesn't continue downloading.

Advancedsettings:

Code:
    <network>
        <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
        <buffermode>0</buffermode>
        <readbufferfactor>50.0</readbufferfactor>
    </network>

Have the settings changed? I was previously on a slightly older build (#0420)
Yes, changed since #0502 after PR9681.

You can replace the above settings with:
Code:
<cache>
        <memorysize>0</memorysize>
        <buffermode>0</buffermode>
        <readfactor>50.0</readfactor>
    </cache>
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks, I replaced the lines with yours but it appears to have had no effect, even after a reboot
Post a full debug log using a pastebin site.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Just to clear the confusion, is this changed in kodi 16 or kodi 17? Is there any documentation of all the default values and stuff. As I can see here that, cache is part of kodi 17 aka krypton and not part of LE latest stable build i.e. kodi 16.2
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
(2016-05-08, 15:33)Milhouse Wrote: Post a full debug log using a pastebin site.

Too big for pastebin unfortunately: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i06t07k8rkgfcaq/kodi.log?dl=0
(2016-05-09, 09:36)ace310 Wrote: Just to clear the confusion, is this changed in kodi 16 or kodi 17? Is there any documentation of all the default values and stuff. As I can see here that, cache is part of kodi 17 aka krypton and not part of LE latest stable build i.e. kodi 16.2

Kodi 16 uses the old scheme.
Kody 17 uses the new scheme.

Read the linked wiki page, escpecially the "Kodi v17 changes".
(2016-05-09, 10:27)username145 Wrote:
(2016-05-08, 15:33)Milhouse Wrote: Post a full debug log using a pastebin site.

Too big for pastebin unfortunately: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i06t07k8rkgfcaq/kodi.log?dl=0

Your advancedsettings.xml looks OK, the cache settings are being applied (your cache is 0MB, which means unlimited), so if it's not working then there must be a bug somewhere.

Can you post a screenshot of your Codec OSD?

I'm using the following setting:
Code:
<cache>
  <buffermode>1</buffermode>
</cache>
and caching is working as expected for me (cache all, with default 20MB buffer size and 4.0 readfactor)

<buffermode>0</buffermode> (cache internet) is also working for me.
(2016-05-09, 12:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-05-09, 09:36)ace310 Wrote: Just to clear the confusion, is this changed in kodi 16 or kodi 17? Is there any documentation of all the default values and stuff. As I can see here that, cache is part of kodi 17 aka krypton and not part of LE latest stable build i.e. kodi 16.2

Kodi 16 uses the old scheme.
Kody 17 uses the new scheme.

Read the linked wiki page, escpecially the "Kodi v17 changes".

Thanks for the confirmation. That's what I mentioned, but I might have interpreted op's post incorrectly.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
Strange that it works for you, and not for me. I have changed nothing other than those advanced settings and the LE build. I'll try with buffermode set to 1 tonight, but 0 is working for you as well then it probably won't do much. My codec info: http://i.imgur.com/YHYdtrr.jpg

The % value is low because I took the photo when I just began playing the file
Maybe it's a problem with davs:// streams no longer being seen as internet based?

I'd suggest doing a little more testing and confirming that YouTube streams are being correctly cached with buffermode=0 (they are for me) then posting on PR9681 if davs:// streams are not being cached when previously they were.
(2016-05-10, 01:47)Milhouse Wrote: Maybe it's a problem with davs:// streams no longer being seen as internet based?

I'd suggest doing a little more testing and confirming that YouTube streams are being correctly cached with buffermode=0 (they are for me) then posting on PR9681 if davs:// streams are not being cached when previously they were.

Yep you were right, I just played a YouTube video and it caches correctly
Fix here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9795

In the meantime you could set buffermode to "2" to workaround the issue.
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Thanks, I'll include it in tonight's build (assuming it's not merged beforehand).
@username145 - test build #0511 with buffermode=0.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Caching in latest LE builds0