v16 .m3u is working BUT NOT with IPTV SC
Hello @ all,

i am having a problem with my m3u-file and i cant find a solution =(

Summary
- Kodi Version: v16.1 “Jarvis” (
- Running on Raspberry Pi (and tested on Windows)
- Installed "PVR IPTV Simple Client" and/or "Playlist Loader"
- m3u got a "USERNAME/PASSWORD"
- m3u DOESNT (!) work on Simple Client or PL -> channels get loaded but nothing works!

-> BUT: m3u DOES WORK (!) on my Samsung S6 with the app called "GSE Smart IPTV" (adding the m3u in the "Remote Playlist") AND/OR "VCL media player" on Windows

Here some lines from the m3u-file:
Quote:#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="ZDF-DE" tvg-logo="" group-title="GERMANY",ZDF-DE
http://xxx:9090/live/USERNAME/PASSWORD/68.ts
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="SAT 1-DE" tvg-logo="" group-title="GERMANY",SAT 1-DE
http://xxx:9090/live/USERNAME/PASSWORD/116.ts
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="WDR-GERMAN" tvg-logo="" group-title="GERMANY",WDR-GERMAN
http://xxx:9090/live/USERNAME/PASSWORD/151.ts

WHAT I TRIED TO DO (Dont know why, but i read that somewhere!):
- i changed the .ts in the m3u-file to .m3u8
- i deleted the "tvg-id="" tvg-name="" tvg-logo="" group-title="" in the lines

Here is the extract from the LOG-file (with the changed .m3u8 on some lines/channels):
Quote:03:54:09 T:8568 NOTICE: AddOnLog: PVR IPTV Simple Client: Loaded 268 channels.
03:54:09 T:12068 NOTICE: Running the application...
03:54:09 T:12068 NOTICE: starting upnp client
03:54:09 T:9428 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on 127.0.0.1:9777
03:54:09 T:9428 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777
03:54:10 T:9224 NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started
03:54:11 T:9552 NOTICE: AddOnLog: PVR IPTV Simple Client: EPG file path is not configured. EPG not loaded.
03:54:32 T:12068 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/Alle Kanäle/pvr.iptvsimple_67202621.pvr
03:54:32 T:12068 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
03:54:32 T:9380 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
03:54:32 T:9380 NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
03:54:33 T:9380 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
03:54:33 T:9380 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
03:54:33 T:12068 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
03:54:33 T:12068 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
03:54:33 T:12068 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
03:54:33 T:12068 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
03:54:33 T:12068 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
03:54:33 T:12068 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting

I am a total noob with this, but i tried my best to dig into this problem to find a solution, but i cant even get close to it, because i dont understand why this m3u is working with the "GSE Smart IPTV"-App on my smartphone (or even VCL player), but not with Kodi (on my RP3). I am pretty sure (as a noob can be) that this problem is related to the USERNAME/PASSWORD in the m3u or the .ts ...

Can anybody help me with this please? =)

// EDIT:
Tried to get it working with the "LiveStreams Pro" Addon, but it also failed in playing the channels.
xxx is not a valid internet address.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I know that "xxx" is not a valid inet address Wink

I obviously replaced the real address with "xxx" and highlighted it. Why? Because i was going to make sure that my post is not breaking any rules (f.e. advertising)...
Oh so you think you might be breaking the rules but ask anyway? Why don't you ask the person responsible, ie the provider of this .m3u?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If asking a question regarding Kodi and IPTV Simple Client is breaking a rule, then i am sorry, cuz i just wanna understand why the m3u-file is working with VLC and not with Kodi...

Otherwise thank you for your "reply" and have a nice day =)
FOR CHRIST SAKE!
Just answer his question! What possible harm can helping someone
Do! Seriously! If I new what could help, I WOULD HELP!

For me, I dont use iptvsimple on Jarvis because it just takes way to
Long to load up the channels! Like over 3000 takes over half an hour!

I recommend using the kodi app called banned add-on (wiki) removed - DarrenHill
You just put in your portal address, put in the port and then the user & pass and
Everything is categorised etc! It works great!

That's my good deed done,
Would be nice to see the same for some people!
No, you've not done so as that kind of junk violates our forum rules (wiki) and is not welcome here.

We do not allow discussion of such sources here. If support for such channel lists is needed, it must come from their providers, we do not support media sources like that here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-05-10, 15:45)DarrenHill Wrote: No, you've not done so as that kind of junk violates our forum rules (wiki) and is not welcome here.

We do not allow discussion of such sources here. If support for such channel lists is needed, it must come from their providers, we do not support media sources like that here.

Really! That's a banned Addon!
Well, I don't make the rules, so Im sorry
I helped with that!

But that's all I got so,
It would be nice if someone said it in that way!
Step in and help instead of snapping!
He did not say 1 single thing to get that type of response!
I'm sorry but really?
Discussion and support of m3u files and similar is not allowed, clear and simple.

They fall into two categories, either legitimate ones from reputable sources (who will also provide support for their usage) or illegal piracy ones from the internet (which generally are short lived, crappy and nothing but trouble).

Either way they aren't a topic for discussion here.

If suggest you read the forum rules (wiki) and the notes on free content (wiki) again, and also calm down and consider your attitude in posting here as you're getting close to a warning yourself.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok! I'm sorry if I snapped there.
Just thought it could have been said nicer that's all.
He didn't know that, but yeah, I have a few anger issues when
It comes to people being left alone with out any support.

But now I know that rule now!
Just, bear with that in mind, I only want to help!
Thanks 03stevensmi for trying to help!

Thanks DarrenHill for giving a clear statement, because the rules dont forbid the discussion or support of m3u files. My m3u is a legimate file (not illegal!) which is just not working on my Kodi / with my RP3. The support couldnt come up with an solution to that problem so thats the reason why i started this thread - but nvm; no reason to fight over this problem.

Okay, guys - just have a nice day =)
Agreed!
Hope you get it sorted out soon.
Wink
(2016-05-10, 16:23)Last_Angel Wrote: My m3u is a legimate file
no its not, therefore you won't get any help here.
and if you are paying for them you are supporting an illegal service.
@Last_Angel, team kodi does not provide m3u files, so thread will be closed. I reiterate ask the person who supplied you with the file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.m3u is working BUT NOT with IPTV SC0