No privilegs to send PM
Hi,

I have a PM and would like to answere it.
but all I see is:

Code:
Kodi Community Forum
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'Rhino Cracker'
You haven't made enough valid posts yet for the PM privs to be enabled. It's a generic anti spam measure, you need to have at least 10 posts made.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
And hereby your extra random worthless posts are removed again. Let that be a warning
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
really, there should be an option to at least answere to private messages, when someone has messaged you...

EDIT: so.. how shall I answere the PM'ed question now?
create a thread with the answere?
Join in with the community, make useful and helpful posts (rather than just count-raising spam) and then the priv will enable and you'll be able to use PMs.

Consider it a community reward for giving your time here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I might see it as a privileg to start private conversations, aks questions in private etc.

But someone with 1/3 as many posts as you have asked me a question (about my progress in embedding a DrFtpD SiteRing as Video-Source for Kodi) and I think as a part of the community, he deserves an answere. Smile

I truly understand that starting a PM-conversation is considered a privileg and that your restriction is a good PM-spam prevention,
but answering one?

However, when I really only need 10 posts (which didn't work after my 10 in here), its only one post to go.^^
Why not answer it in that thread? Heck, why didn't he just ask it in that thread?
I don't know Smile
Ask him Smile

I will do so, as long as it doesn't work after this 10th post. Smile
Maybe he will re-check that post and read it. Smile

EDIT: For sure, it still doesn'r work. Smile
Edit2: worx now! Smile
To be fair, it is very confusing for new members to be able to receive PMs when they can't send them. The two really need to be linked, so someone who can't send outgoing PMs will not be able to get them either.
Support shouldn't be asked for or given over PM. This is a public forum of record, so others can benefit from collective wisdom. There are times and places for PM, but they should be the exception, not the rule.

And @ned Scott, +1
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
We have had so many issues with spam and ads in private messages from newly registered users.
This measure has really helped solving it.

It doesn't seem easily possible to link the two rules together in this version of MyBB, but maybe someone can figure out where to change that message so at least it is more informative.
It could suggest to answer PM in the thread instead of in private.
(2016-05-10, 15:38)DarrenHill Wrote: You haven't made enough valid posts yet for the PM privs to be enabled. It's a generic anti spam measure, you need to have at least 10 posts made.

BIG THX
(2016-05-12, 10:23)nickr Wrote: Support shouldn't be asked for or given over PM. This is a public forum of record, so others can benefit from collective wisdom. There are times and places for PM, but they should be the exception, not the rule.

While you are right generally, I have to say I am guilty of sometimes asking new posters to PM me. It has always been because I want to be sent a link to either a music files that is giving difficulties, or a copy of their music library db. The music files are particularly something not to be shared publically for obvious copyright reasons. I mention it to give clear example of some exceptions to the rule. BTW I am not extending my music collection by stealth!
that's perfectly fine. i use PM the same way.

basically, i ignore all PM's asking for support, but if 'sensitive' material needs to be exchanged in order to track down a bug,
i request users to PM me a sample or download link. in case it's a < 10 post user, i manually grant them PM permissions.

feel free to ping me if you want to elevate someone's PM permissions.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'm trying to build the HDHomeRun PVR add-on and want to ping the main developer who's been absent for more than a month. I assume that this would be a valid use of a private message or even an email. Well, post 4 here so I'll try to find some non-useless content to add.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No privilegs to send PM0