Navigation - Jump to Letter
I know you can jump to the next letter in a list of files on Kodi but Is there ant way to jump to certain letter ?

So pressing "k" on your keyboard will take you to your albums that start with K ?
Shift + letter
wow thats great.

Only problem is my Keyboard/Remote doesn't have a shift key.

Can I change the shift to something else in "appcommand.xml" ?

Thanks
Karl
You can edit the keymap for shift to assign another button on your remote to act as shift key
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
thanks ... just looking through the Wiki now ... not sure how I missed the Shift one.
just looking at the Keymap Editor

there are lots of options Which one woudl i need to change, i can see Shift on the virtual keyboard, or is it on global ??
Generally global, but there are specific keymaps for OS and remote types (device/s, joystick, mouse, xbox controller, etc)
List of: Keyboard controls

Virtual is for touchscreen devices

Wiki page for info on: Keymap
Ok this doesnt work what am I missing : (61486 is the full stop on my keyboard)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<global>
<key id="61486">shift</key>
<keyboard>
<key id="61486">shift</key>
</keyboard>

</global>
</keymap>
If you have numbers available on your remote you could also use JumpSMS commands in your keymap to do what you are asking.

Adding the following to your keymap as shown above (or using the editor addon) will allow you to cycle through A, B and C by pressing the 2 key as with old school SMS text input.

PHP Code:
<MyVideoLibrary>
    <
keyboard>
      <
two>JumpSMS2</two
      <
three>JumpSMS3</three
      <
four>JumpSMS4</four
      <
five>JumpSMS5</five
      <
six>JumpSMS6</six
      <
seven>JumpSMS7</seven
      <
eight>JumpSMS8</eight
      <
nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
    </
keyboard>
  </
MyVideoLibrary
Maybe its:

leftshift or rightshift
FWIW:

Some skins are currently implementing a new feature of script.skin.helper.service to navigate via a quick jump alphabet list.

Rapier will feature this in the next update:

Another feature so awesome that it really should be in Kodi's core. Otherwise, it will never be included in a default skin.
I agree. It's great finally to be able to do this Smile
k4sh1n no leftshift doesn't work

As my remote keyboard is missing shift I was going to try and replace it with "FULLSTOP" so I can use that to jump to letters. I want to look at the SMSjumo though ... looks good.

Ned love the kordKutters stuff by the way regrading navigation I fudged together an addon (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=264901) using Add-on:Global_Search

It adds a "Search for" button on the context menu when browsing music that then passes a Fuzzy search for either Track or Artist. I like it as it really helps to quickly jump around your music and discover lots of covers and other stuff that artist has done and even where that artist has been featured (using the %) something the artist node struggles with

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigation - Jump to Letter0