Amber skin - Icons view show fanart as background
Hi,

Was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.

Im trying to find a way to edit the 'icons view' so that it shows fanart in the background when a movie is highlighted. instead of the current black background.

If someone could point me in the right direction of code that would be great!!

Thanks

http://i.imgur.com/eDkO9HS.jpg
I can't describe exactly what you want right now but what I am working on at the moment is a global fan art switch.

This will allow you to see the fanart for widgets on the home screen (tested and working) and also the fanart for the listitem on any of the other windows, at the moment I have only done this for the Krypton testing branch and I doubt I will have the time to backport this to Jarvis as it is quite involved.

If you want to try it yourself you can try editing the Includes.xml file and find the Fanart_Art include, this has a switch which will not show fanart for views 52 = biglist, 55 = big panel and 53 = icons (grid), if you remove the 53 condition then the fanart will show in the icons view but it will not have a diffuse layer applied so it is a bit in your face, you may want to have a look at an overlay image to soften it, but I'll leave that for you to play with :-)
(2016-05-12, 12:06)joethepartylion Wrote: if you remove the 53 condition then the fanart will show in the icons view but it will not have a diffuse layer applied so it is a bit in your face, you may want to have a look at an overlay image to soften it, but I'll leave that for you to play with :-)

This worked perfectly - I have removed 53

But as you have said it might be abit in your face...

With being new to all this, how would i go about maybe making it like 10-20% less opacity for the fanart?

Appreciate your help
(2016-05-12, 15:54)NaDs Wrote: This worked perfectly - I have removed 53

But as you have said it might be abit in your face...

With being new to all this, how would i go about maybe making it like 10-20% less opacity for the fanart?

Appreciate your help

You can try adding something like the below to View_53_Icons.xml under the <include name="View_53_Icons"> line

<control type="image" description="background overlay">
<visible>Control.IsVisible(53)</visible>
<include>VignetteFade</include>
<left>0</left>
<top>0</top>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<texture>common/VignetteStage.png</texture>
</control>

It may not look perfect as I haven't finished the textures needed yet but it will give you a start.
View_53_Icons.xml seems to be on Krypton but not on the original Amber skin that I am trying to edit.

I can only see View_53_Grid.xml

I have located VignetteStage.png in textures so I will be able to edit this image to get the correct opacity I am after.

If you could explain where to add code in the original Amber skin that would be great.

Thanks
Got it working Smile
Hi,

Reviving this post.

I want to do the opposite of the original question. Two things:

1) In the Home screen, when I have a custom background for each menu item (Movies, TV, Settings...) and I use a Recent Movies widget, when I click on one of the movies, I get the fanrt replacing the custom image. How can I disable the showing on this fanart?

2) When viewing the info for a specific movie, it also shows fanrt as the background. With my old eyes, it makes the relevant info hard to read. Is there a way to disable this fanart?

For both items, I looked at editing some of the .xml files. I tried tweaking Custom_1126_Fanart.xml, Custom_1130_VideoInfoLists.xml, and DialogVideoInfo.xml. The changes I made did not do anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am using Aura on my iPad ( Kodi Matrix installed via Sideloadly). It is the only skin apart from Estouchy that works properly via touchscreen.

As a bonus question, I use the IMDB Trailers addon. When viewing a specific movie info, there is no visible "Play" button showing that initiates a search. I can only play an item by right-clicking on the movie list context menu. Is there a possible fix for this? The play button shows up on other skins, but like I said, the don't work all that great. The locally stored files work properly.

Thank you!
(2024-04-09, 16:57)hernando Wrote: As a bonus question, I use some Debrid addons

Bonus answer - read the piracy policy (wiki), as those are generally classed here as banned addons (wiki) which would render your entire installation ineligible for support.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
True enough... my apologies. I have the same issue with IMDB Trailers. I have edited my earlier post.

Thank you,

H.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber skin - Icons view show fanart as background0