WTF Happened to remote mapping in Kodi 17?
Hey guys,

So apart from the Emby plugin getting broken and the new skin changes Kodi 17 seems to have gone very weird with my remote control.

I am using the same Lircmap.xml as in 16 so why should everything change. Here is an example:

Quote:0:11:48 T:2996246464 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 102278:0000000000001796 00 KEY_LEFT Hauppauge_350 (KEY_LEFT)
10:11:48 T:2996246464 DEBUG: OnKey: 169 (0xa9, obc86) pressed, action is Right
10:11:50 T:2996246464 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 104716:0000000000001797 00 KEY_RIGHT Hauppauge_350 (KEY_RIGHT)
10:11:50 T:2996246464 DEBUG: OnKey: 168 (0xa8, obc87) pressed, action is Up

What the hell happened there?

The Lircmap is perfectly ok.

Quote:<lircmap>
<remote device="Hauppauge_350">
<play>KEY_PLAY</play>
<pause>KEY_PAUSE</pause>
<stop>KEY_STOP</stop>
<forward>KEY_FORWARD</forward>
<reverse>KEY_REWIND</reverse>
<left>KEY_LEFT</left>
<right>KEY_RIGHT</right>
<up>KEY_UP</up>
<down>KEY_DOWN</down>
<select>KEY_OK</select>
<pageplus>KEY_CHANNELUP</pageplus>
<pageminus>KEY_CHANNELDOWN</pageminus>
<back>KEY_EXIT</back>
<menu>Menu/i</menu>
<title>KEY_INFO</title>
<info>KEY_PREVCHANNEL</info>
<skipplus>SkipForward</skipplus>
<skipminus>Replay/SkipBackward</skipminus>

Is there some sort of new config I should know about?

Cheers
I don't understand from your example. What is not working? Everything (as in, no input registers)? Are buttons incorrectly mapped?
(2016-05-14, 06:34)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't understand from your example. What is not working? Everything (as in, no input registers)? Are buttons incorrectly mapped?

Tut Ned !!! It's quite obvious from the OP's post.

Lirc sees the left button pressed on the remote. Left button is mapped to ACTION_MOVE_LEFT in Lircmap, yet Kodi translates it as RIGHT. Right gets translated to UP. So yeah, buttons are being incorrectly mapped internally to Kodi.

There have been some changes to CButtonTranslator recently, but these were for Apple remotes as far as I can see.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Which Version do you have ? I had this issue some days ago, but within the latest nightly this issue was already fixed..

kind regards
Brujo
AS Rock Beebox * Kodi 17.0-RC2 * Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
I also had the exact same problem.
My remote did the same thing after upgrade to the latest 17 alpha, left moves right etc.
I'm running an Asrock ION 330 with kodibuntu and all the latest updates including the unstable fork.

I rolled back to the stable release of 16.1 and its fine.
(2016-05-14, 10:00)black_eagle Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 06:34)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't understand from your example. What is not working? Everything (as in, no input registers)? Are buttons incorrectly mapped?

Tut Ned !!! It's quite obvious from the OP's post.

Lirc sees the left button pressed on the remote. Left button is mapped to ACTION_MOVE_LEFT in Lircmap, yet Kodi translates it as RIGHT. Right gets translated to UP. So yeah, buttons are being incorrectly mapped internally to Kodi.

There have been some changes to CButtonTranslator recently, but these were for Apple remotes as far as I can see.

Ah, now that I look at the time stamps and notice the order of the log messages, it is indeed clear ;)
I'm having exactly the same issue on my Asrock 3D Vision running Ubuntu 14.04 with a correct Lirc keymap and the latest alpha of Kodi 17.

The keys are completely mixed up in the interface... pretty annoying issue but normal for an alpha release I guess. Thanks anyhow for looking at this.
you mean aside from you trying to install emby on an unsupported version of kodi?

patch for you - at your own risk

Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\utils.py

change line 99 from to 100
Thank you for the workaround but I'd rather wait for the fix or just revert back to the previous supported release.
On a side note I don't have emby installed, so that's why I don't have this file available:

Meaning, this problem has nothing to do with emby.
(2016-05-27, 18:10)GBB1 Wrote: On a side note I don't have emby installed, so that's why I don't have this file available:

Meaning, this problem has nothing to do with emby.
See the first sentence of the original post.

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thanks for the feedback bry, but I don't really understand what you mean with your first sentence. Is Emby some kind of a plugin? Or is it the code name of the unstable version of Kodi? Anyhow, doesn't matter as I've just reverted back to the latest stable Kodi.

The only thing I wanted to achieve was to alert the developers of this issue. Just as the topic starter I had the same problem. So I wanted to bring this under their attention, that's all.

Have a nice day.
I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. An update and reboot fixed it.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272065

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WTF Happened to remote mapping in Kodi 17?1