mediainfo from ISO - two ideas?
Let me first thank you for your wonderful software. I just found it and fell in love immediately.

I do have everything in ISO - movies, individual TV episodes, ... you get the idea.

TMM can't read mediainfo from these ISOs because of mediainfo itself. Will one of these two workarounds work?

1.) I would create a Batch Job that will mount all ISOs, call the mediainfo CLI and place the result as mediainfo.txt into the video folders. If the mediainfo.txt is recognized, TMM would not call mediainfo itself. TMM would use this file instead.

2.) I would create a Batch Job that will mount all ISOs, call the mediainfo CLI, parse the result and put the data into the movie.nfo. TMM would reread the movie.nfo if it is instructed to do so.

Will anything work?

Regards and thanks for listening.
Parsing the ISO file structure is not the problem Wink

The problem we have here, is, that TMM "sees" only 1 file (the iso), but inside we have many movie files (which can and will have different mediainfo information - although rarely)
So we might have to choose any MI info for using in renamer...
Separate TXT file will not help here (same problem).

It's already on our (long) todo/ideas list...
(Current workaround is to specify these information manually)
br
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thanks for your answer.

Regarding 1.) Got it. Mounting an ISO will result in a DVD or BD for 99,9%. I would start with the biggest MPTS or VOB. I did some tests with DVD folder structure having a couple of 1GB VOBs for a movie (DVDShrink). All my DVDs are reported as 14min movies by MediaInfo ;-). Using the biggest MPTS/VOB will give the same (bad) result I guess.

What about 2.) If I patch the required values into movie.nfo automatically. Will reload from NFO catch these values?

Thanks.
have to check, if we could sum all these values, to get the real runtime (iirc, we already do this for extracted dvd folder)

yes, the <streamdetails> section in NFO is the correct place.
Dunno what is easier; that, or set them in GUI accordingly...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2016-05-19, 12:34)myron Wrote: Dunno what is easier; that, or set them in GUI accordingly...

It will be fun and easy to build some scripts. I love to do such things on rainy weekends: Mount all ISOs, get mediainfo for them and patch their values into the NFOs ;-)

Thanks.
btw: mediainfo from NFO is only read by Kodi; tmm does not import media info from NFO
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Argh. Didn't know that. This is bad.

Problem 1. TMM/Mediainfo can't read info from ISOs.

Problem 2. After unpacking some DVD ISOs in its folder structure, TMM/Mediainfo reports 14min length for all DVDs because of VOB splitting at 1GB. Playing DVDs from within TMM ends after 14min always - at the end of the first VOB.

Will stay with ISO and without TMM/Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mediainfo from ISO - two ideas?0