Solved Unable to enable unknown sources
I want to try the new InputStream feature by installing sandmann's Amazon Prime Add-on. Therefore I first installed the latest LibreELEC build and the Update by Milhouse (#0505) on my RasPi2.
Second I tried to install sandmann's repository as a zip-file based Add-on by going to "Add-ons" --> "Add-on browser" --> "Install from zip file" where it says "For security, installation of add-ons from unknown sources is disabled." and gives me the option to go to settings.
At that point, there is no option to allow unknown sources.

At first I thought, this is a bug of a new, yet not finished feature. But when searching for that problem, nobody else seems to have it. I just found this thread, which is about that option.

After installing the recent nightly on my Ubuntu PC (17.0~git20160513.0200-9b8b696-0xenial), the same behaviour occurs and no option is available to enable unknown sources.

So... is this a bug or some strange kind of behaviour, that nobody else seems to encounter?
Set settings to expert level to see the option?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks, that's it.
For me the "Standard" buttons means "Set everything to default values". Maybe a wording problem for native German speakers like me (default = standard).
I searched for a long time to find this thread which hits on the same issue I have concerning not being able to see the option to allow unknown sources when installing add-ons. It simply isn't there, and unfortunately the Expert view setting does not cause this option to appear.

Even though I don't receive a security message concerning an unknown source after adding a Source in file manager, most of the add-ons I attempt to install never yield an actual zip file which you would normally see and select after the install from zip file --> select source step. And I have a feeling by not having the option to allow unknown sources may have something to do with never seeing the resulting zip file following the add source --> install from zip file --> select source steps.

Any help would be appreciated. My box is running on Kodi build 18.6.
(2022-08-03, 00:24)wsbarnhill Wrote: issue I have concerning not being able to see the option to allow unknown sources when installing add-ons
It should be here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Add-ons

Post a screenshot of that settings page...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Here's what my page looks like in Expert mode.
(2022-08-03, 02:41)wsbarnhill Wrote: Here's what my page looks like in Expert mode.
Can you change back to the default Estuary skin and see if the setting is available.
You sure that is Kodi v18.6?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Yes, it's Kodi 18.6 running on a Streamaster Android box (Android 9.0.0). I tried all available skin themes (default, gray, Kryptonite and ZiX) but none of them displays the option.
(2022-08-05, 22:48)wsbarnhill Wrote: I tried all available skin themes (default, gray, Kryptonite and ZiX)
I haven't heard of any of those skins, but I will assume that by default you mean Estuary.
Can you update to v19? or at least update to v18.9?

Do you have any entries in your advancedsettings.xml? Can you copy the contents of the file to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.
Also a Debug Log might reveal someting.
My Signature
(2022-08-05, 22:52)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-05, 22:48)wsbarnhill Wrote: I tried all available skin themes (default, gray, Kryptonite and ZiX)
I haven't heard of any of those skins, but I will assume that by default you mean Estuary.
Can you update to v19? or at least update to v18.9?

Do you have any entries in your advancedsettings.xml? Can you copy the contents of the file to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.
Also a Debug Log might reveal someting.

I Just search up what Kryptonite was and it's a build not a skin , looks like it's for Piracy streams etc
(2022-08-06, 18:24)Sidewinder_2011 Wrote: I Just search up what Kryptonite was and it's a build not a skin , looks like it's for Piracy streams etc
Ok, then whatever you have installed has removed the setting for its own purpose. We can't help any further.
I would suggest wiping Kodi and installing the latest version.
My Signature
This is news to me.  I had no idea that was the case.  I'll be sharing this with the vendor I bought my StreaMaster android box from.

Thanks for the enlightenment.
Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to enable unknown sources0