Changing startup elements
I wonder whether it would be a good feature to be able to change various startup elements from within XBMC itself?

For example, the ability to browse to a new splash.png...the next time you reboot, it would have been changed...that kind of thing.

Any thoughts on this?
I personally prefer XBMC to be branded as XBMC on startup. Skins can change so much that it's nice to have a bit of branding <somewhere> by default.

The user can change the splash (or startup sound) themselves, or use one of the python scripts to do so, thus I don't really see a requirement of having this ability within the codebase itself.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Containment has a script that can swap out the splash screen for one provided by the skin.
jmarshall Wrote:I personally prefer XBMC to be branded as XBMC on startup. Skins can change so much that it's nice to have a bit of branding <somewhere> by default.

The user can change the splash (or startup sound) themselves, or use one of the python scripts to do so, thus I don't really see a requirement of having this ability within the codebase itself.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I agree, xbmc should always be recognised and appreciated :-D
fair enough! Just thought it might be neat....I can admit when I'm wrong Wink Of course, I can more easily admit when I'm right and everyone else is wrong Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing startup elements0