What does clear data do on the fire stick
Kodi is acting up on a fire stick that I bought that it was pre installed on . Is there an easy way to reset it to default ...or is it easy to take it off and reinstall it on the fire stick . Please help thanks
Just clear app cache then data on the Kodi app. Gives you a fresh install.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I thought clearing data cleared Kodi off of the fire stick does it only just reset Kodi to default is that all that does
(2016-05-15, 00:36)Doublecheck456 Wrote: I thought clearing data cleared Kodi off of the fire stick does it only just reset Kodi to default is that all that does

No it does not clear Kodi off the stick, that is what "uninstall" is for. It will reset Kodi to default.
If you clear data on the fire stick under manage applications does it just take Kodi back to default what is it wipe it completely off I have heard both sides I am looking for what really happens thanks
Why start another thread when you have a perfectly good one here where you are asking the same thing?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=274237

The answer once again is YES, clearing data will remove everything and leave you with a clean installation of default Kodi.

Merging threads.
(2016-05-15, 17:13)Dangelus Wrote: Why start another thread when you have a perfectly good one here where you are asking the same thing?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=274237

The answer once again is YES, clearing data will remove everything and leave you with a clean installation of default Kodi.

Merging threads.
So I don't think that is what you are wanting to do if you got your fire tv stick with a kodi build already on it because you will lose all the apps that have been installed in kodi which gives access to the movie content you're probably trying to get. This will basically wipe kodi clean but kodi comes with zero content, it is just a media server software.
~ Creator of none, hacker of some, jack of all traits, master of some...
~ YIRMASTER ~
Domaineer, Coldfusion Dev, Kodi customizer, Hedonist
Start up your Firestick and head to the main menu. Formerly there, go to “Settings” and then “Manage All Installed Applications.” Pick an application to see data like file size, data storage, and cache size. Go down to “Clear cache” to delete all of the temporary files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What does clear data do on the fire stick0