• 2(current)
Release Mimic 5.x for Krypton
Started checking out Estuary some more, really like how the extended progress and volume dialogs are incorporated into the header. I had tried this before but never got it to work right. We'll see if I can keep the labels from overlapping this time. Textures taken from Estuary, hope that's ok.

This skin is almost perfect for my uses except for a couple of items. It appears that when you create a submenu a random floating area that is highlighted appears....

Also 'show submenu automatically' doesn't appear to be working for me, not sure of the issue.

Otherwise, awesome skin, you made me switch to this after years of other skins.

(2016-06-06, 15:47)mrheatmiser Wrote: This skin is almost perfect for my uses except for a couple of items. It appears that when you create a submenu a random floating area that is highlighted appears....

Also 'show submenu automatically' doesn't appear to be working for me, not sure of the issue.

Looks like you've posted in the wrong thread, this version doesn't have those options. What version of Mimic are you running?

And why block out your submenu labels, makes me think you are trying to hide banned addons.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-06-06, 16:38)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 15:47)mrheatmiser Wrote: This skin is almost perfect for my uses except for a couple of items. It appears that when you create a submenu a random floating area that is highlighted appears....

Looks like you've posted in the wrong thread, this version doesn't have those options. What version of Mimic are you running?

And why block out your submenu labels, makes me think you are trying to hide banned addons.

Sent from my Nexus 6

You're right, I've been switching between the standard version and this one. Disregard. The other version has a problem with automatic submenus. This one appears to have the highlighted menu overlayed into the submenu which looks kinda strange.

Also, habit and respect for board rules. Nothing nefarious.
(2016-06-06, 17:03)mrheatmiser Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 16:38)braz Wrote:

Sent from my Nexus 6

You're right, I've been switching between the standard version and this one. Disregard. The other version has a problem with automatic submenus. This one appears to have the highlighted menu overlayed into the submenu which looks kinda strange.

I can't reproduce the problem, will investigate some more but you may need to post a screenshot that clearly shows the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-06-06, 18:47)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 17:03)mrheatmiser Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 16:38)braz Wrote: Looks like you've posted in the wrong thread, this version doesn't have those options. What version of Mimic are you running?

Sent from my Nexus 6

I can't reproduce the problem, will investigate some more but you may need to post a screenshot that clearly shows the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Sorry, my friend. I would post another but it would look identical. I simply have a submenu below a main menu on the home screen. When I press my remote down to get into the submenu the highlighted area from the home screen goes into the submenu thus creating 2 highlighted areas.

May be my problem but can't figure it out. It's really minor so I appreciate you even taking the time to spend 2 posts on it.
(2016-06-06, 19:15)mrheatmiser Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 18:47)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 17:03)mrheatmiser Wrote: You're right, I've been switching between the standard version and this one. Disregard. The other version has a problem with automatic submenus. This one appears to have the highlighted menu overlayed into the submenu which looks kinda strange.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Sorry, my friend. I would post another but it would look identical. I simply have a submenu below a main menu on the home screen. When I press my remote down to get into the submenu the highlighted area from the home screen goes into the submenu thus creating 2 highlighted areas.

May be my problem but can't figure it out. It's really minor so I appreciate you even taking the time to spend 2 posts on it.
It's supposed to be like that, you'll notice that the main menu fades when selecting the submenu.

Sent from my Nexus 6
(2016-06-06, 19:20)braz Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 19:15)mrheatmiser Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 18:47)braz Wrote: I can't reproduce the problem, will investigate some more but you may need to post a screenshot that clearly shows the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6

It's supposed to be like that, you'll notice that the main menu fades when selecting the submenu.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Yea, I figured that out now, although it is a bit confusing to see the other area. Maybe I just need to brighten my highlight a bit to make the contrast stand out more.

Either way, excellent work. First skin that covers pretty much everything.
(2016-05-25, 03:46)braz Wrote: Moved some of the script.skinshortcuts buttons to a context menu. So if you're editing your menus and don't see all of the options, that's where they are now.

hey braz, hope all is well with your goodself... just wanted to pick up on moving the home menu order and the 'move to the context menu' and provide some (hopefully helpful) feedback.

must admit, I had read last week that you had moved it to the context menu... and then clean forgot, so spent at least 15mins pulling my hair out. As most skins show the move up down menu movement as an option when editing, might be wise to have some kind of helpful tip description as to where to find the options (unless I am mistaken there is no assistance currently).

I also had super favourites enabled, so pressing 'C' provided no assistance... I'm not to wiz with super favourites, but I disabled it to enable the standard context menu and now nothing happens when pressing 'C' in the menu options. 'C' context menu is working throughout the rest of the skin, so I am not sure if its mimic skin, a kodi bug or me doing something stupid?

running your latest mimic Git, the latest Kodi nightly, the latest skin helper script & latest skin shortcuts (all latest as of an hour ago pushes).

thanks.
The context menu is based off of the addition to the Python api for Krypton - xbmcgui.Dialog().contextmenu - if Super Favourites is interfering with that then that's a bug that would need to be addressed in that script.

The context menu within Skin Shortcuts is still in testing, so there may be the odd issue with it. Just to be clear, though, and unless braz has chosen to enable it on different controls, it's enabled on the list of shortcuts on the left and not on the list of options on the right. Otherwise, I'd probably need some specific debug information to know exactly why it isn't working, if you're willing to test a debug build of the script...?
(2016-06-06, 22:35)stueeey Wrote: hey braz, hope all is well with your goodself... just wanted to pick up on moving the home menu order and the 'move to the context menu' and provide some (hopefully helpful) feedback.

must admit, I had read last week that you had moved it to the context menu... and then clean forgot, so spent at least 15mins pulling my hair out. As most skins show the move up down menu movement as an option when editing, might be wise to have some kind of helpful tip description as to where to find the options (unless I am mistaken there is no assistance currently).

I also had super favourites enabled, so pressing 'C' provided no assistance... I'm not to wiz with super favourites, but I disabled it to enable the standard context menu and now nothing happens when pressing 'C' in the menu options. 'C' context menu is working throughout the rest of the skin, so I am not sure if its mimic skin, a kodi bug or me doing something stupid?

running your latest mimic Git, the latest Kodi nightly, the latest skin helper script & latest skin shortcuts (all latest as of an hour ago pushes).

thanks.
I could display a notification when entering the skinshortcuts dialog, will see about doing that for now. I also have SF installed, but have its context menu turned off and haven't noticed any issues. I know there have been some Krypton changes re: context menus though...

See Bob's comments above, the context menu is only enabled on the list of shortcuts as this is the default.
Fixed some visual glitches caused by not having the right visibility conditions in the views. Also added LowList view for movie sets while I was at it...

(2016-06-05, 23:35)braz Wrote: Started checking out Estuary some more, really like how the extended progress and volume dialogs are incorporated into the header. I had tried this before but never got it to work right. We'll see if I can keep the labels from overlapping this time. Textures taken from Estuary, hope that's ok.

nice work with the volume, works nicely, haven't had any overlapping incidents yet.

sticking my nose in again.. just highlighting the Music Albums and the Games screenshots you have posted here look great and work really well as they are square images that fill the square widget space. The movie widget posters on the other hand look somewhat wrong/removed from the square widget space as they do not fill the square space.

I don't have a solution, other than adding another widget option for vertical posters in the shape of a rectangle... but I realise your trying to minimise skin options to easier to maintain.

thanks for keeping mimic going braz, looks like a lot of skin devs have disappeared recently. (or maybe its just me)
(2016-06-06, 22:51)BobCratchett Wrote: The context menu is based off of the addition to the Python api for Krypton - xbmcgui.Dialog().contextmenu - if Super Favourites is interfering with that then that's a bug that would need to be addressed in that script.

The context menu within Skin Shortcuts is still in testing, so there may be the odd issue with it. Just to be clear, though, and unless braz has chosen to enable it on different controls, it's enabled on the list of shortcuts on the left and not on the list of options on the right. Otherwise, I'd probably need some specific debug information to know exactly why it isn't working, if you're willing to test a debug build of the script...?

Hey Bob, thanks for info... I am not entirely 100% sure what you mean by 'on the left' (as you mentioned)... presume your referring to the context menu when pressing 'C' ?

I have since been doing a little testing... I ran the same releases, Kodi, mimic, skin helper & skin shortcuts on another machine, this time the kodi standard context menu appeared correctly... digging a little deeper to see if I could replicate behaviour I changed some settings within SuperFavourites so that the SuperFavourites menu was engaged 1st when pressing 'C' (rather than the standard context menu)

...this time, going back to changing the mimic settings menu order and pressing 'C' the SuperFavourites menu was engaged providing no options to change the mimic menu order.

I then went back to disable SuperFavourites as the priority menu again, pressing 'C' to change the menu order still engaged the SuperFavourites as the priority.

I then went back to Addons and Disabled the SuperFavourites addon and then deleted it... going back to mimic settings to change the menu order pressing 'C' did nothing, provided no option at all.

Happy to provide logs, not done it for a while so shall have to look it up again and my beds calling. Shall try and find some time to upload tomorrow.

thanks for your help.
(2016-06-06, 23:04)stueeey Wrote: nice work with the volume, works nicely, haven't had any overlapping incidents yet.

sticking my nose in again.. just highlighting the Music Albums and the Games screenshots you have posted here look great and work really well as they are square images that fill the square widget space. The movie widget posters on the other hand look somewhat wrong/removed from the square widget space as they do not fill the square space.

I don't have a solution, other than adding another widget option for vertical posters in the shape of a rectangle... but I realise your trying to minimise skin options to easier to maintain.

thanks for keeping mimic going braz, looks like a lot of skin devs have disappeared recently. (or maybe its just me)
Thanks, appreciate the input stueeey!

Yeah, I didn't think I would like the square widgets either at first, but they've grown on me. Might see about adding another option at some point, but it's difficult to get everything to line up for the various art aspect ratios.

I'm sure there will be a lot more skins updated as we get closer to Krypton's release date. I tend to submit to the repo early, even when I'm still making changes. Probably creates more of a support burden for me, but on the other hand it makes the skin easier for users to install and update. I try to limit the major changes once it's in the repo though, since folks tend to become attached to certain options and don't want to see them removed. That's why I created this preview in a new branch on github for release with Kodi 18. Figured I'd better wait for the next Kodi release since the home layout options have changed so much.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 5.x for Krypton2